$79 for We Will Rock You VIP show!!!!

gaylemh

Soon it will be a base price for the cruise which will include a cabin and food in the WJ, then you pay for room cleaning, eating in the MDR, this is something that would make me think about going with another line or even more land based vacations.

Isn't that pretty much what EasyCruise was? My takeaway from that was that people want value, but dumb it down too much and you create a glorified ferry which runs the risk of failure.

It was.... and where are EasyCruise now??

Current entertainment crew member on Oasis told me they expected this to roll out on Oasis soon...she told me this earlier this week, before the post here. What she knows is it's supposed to be rows 1-3, and 5-7, $79 per person which included the seat, a playbill and special cocktail. She was told by the CD, but didn't know the exact rollout date, or any other details. She also said that more than half the audience doesn't return after the intermission for most performances of Cats. We didn't even book it for our upcoming cruise free or not!

========

The $79 "Insider's View" for Cats is showing on the Cruise Planner for my Feb 18th Oasis cruise now:

CatsLogo_hero.jpg1373582.png

INSIDER'S VIEW: CATS

OPAL THEATER

PRICES STARTING FROM*$79.00 USD Adult $79.00 USD Child

Enjoy the ultimate theater experience with Insider’s View — including a cast meet and greet, signed photo of the cast, pre-show cocktail and premier seating for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s CATS. The show, based on T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, introduces us to the playful prankster Rum Tum Tugger, lonely outsider Grizabella, wise Old Deuteronomy and the rest of the Jellicle Tribe — as they croon in competition to ascend to the afterlife. Get an up-close look at this memorable musical and the fourth longest running show in Broadway history.

We'd never pay to see a show on a cruise. I LOVE musicals and broadway productions, however, for me cruising means the entertainment is included in what I pay as we can do a land all inclusive vacation for less than a cruise.

As some others have mentioned, I have also seen We Will Rock You in London for less than $79. I believe when I saw Mamma Mia in New York that was also less than $79. So I would never pay to see the show on a cruise ship.

I also think for the people who do pay, the atmosphere would not be the same in a near empty theatre. The other people help to make the happy, fun atmosphere of these types of shows.

When we saw Cats on Oasis the atmosphere was rubbish and people weren't really enjoying it, it was maybe a little over 1/2 full at the beginning, by the time the intermission came it was maybe 1/4 full if that and we left.

If Royal do start charging, we'd probably jump ship and look at other cruise lines who don't charge. Entertainment is a huge factor for us when it comes to cruising.

Today in Uk, Tui and Thomas Cook are going to introduce a fee system to reserve sunbeds at the hotel swimming pools.

With Tui being part of Rci it might be a thing for the future

This is what they are trying to avoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L46PeCL3sTg

Surely these must be a fake for our amusement? They seem to be using different colour towels. When I have been in hotels all pool towels are the same colour so how would you reserve a place. Also the attendant clears away left towels to keep the pool area looking tidy. Possibly putting a fresh towel on each bed I suppose.

Do RCI own TUI. I thought it was listed on the exchanges in Frankfurt and London?

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do RCI own TUI. I thought it was listed on the exchanges in Frankfurt and London?

Best wishes, Stephen.

Nope, RCI is owned by RCCL (who also own celebrity and Azamara).

The only loose connection is that RCCL and TUI Group each own 50% of TUI Cruises.

Surely these must be a fake for our amusement? They seem to be using different colour towels. When I have been in hotels all pool towels are the same colour so how would you reserve a place. Also the attendant clears away left towels to keep the pool area looking tidy. Possibly putting a fresh towel on each bed I suppose.

Best wishes, Stephen.

They are not fake. Plenty more on you tube. I've been on many package holidays and witnessed it every time. They take there own towels so they can claim the bed

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Nope, RCI is owned by RCCL (who also own celebrity and Azamara).

The only loose connection is that RCCL and TUI Group each own 50% of TUI Cruises.

Thank you. I though the poster was incorrect regarding ownership but I was not sure.

Best wishes, Stephen.

They are not fake. Plenty more on you tube. I've been on many package holidays and witnessed it every time. They take there own towels so they can claim the bed

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I have only done two package holidays (Madeira and Sorrento) and there was nothing like it. Maderia was an older crowd and Sorrento was mainly Italians who kept out of the sun

How many times have you watched Cats onboard. We made it to intermission before we left. We thought it was a bit slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just 3 or 4 so far. Went back tonight, but they cancelled it due to rough seas.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The same people that want a photo with guest services?

anniversary.jpg

Know we don't correct spelling on CC - but what about on RCCL I assume they meant to write "token" rather than "Taken" Second Paragraph.

I received a similar message for a special photo op a few weeks ago on Oasis, but did not read it carefully. Not sure of they had the same "special" offer or if there was a spelling error. I understand folks want a photo with the captain, but guest services staff ???????

M