Wild berry

Peach yougart

Strawberry

Espresso chip

Mint chocolate chip

Lemon

Cherry

Stracciatella(sp)

I found an email I sent to a friend who had asked. Don't know if they change.

Cool! Thanks a bunch! :D

• 5 months later...

Excellent review & pics. We are sailing on her next June for a Greek Islands cruise and reading your review has made me anxious for that trip. This will be our first with HAL and a ship as large as the Koningsdam.

I have a question for her Gala nights. For all of my last cruises except for one, I've worn a tux. I don't own one, I rent mostly because of the baggage restrictions. I've been told that for HAL cruises in Europe, most pax tend to dress up for Gala nights. Comments?

Excellent review & pics. We are sailing on her next June for a Greek Islands cruise and reading your review has made me anxious for that trip. This will be our first with HAL and a ship as large as the Koningsdam.

I have a question for her Gala nights. For all of my last cruises except for one, I've worn a tux. I don't own one, I rent mostly because of the baggage restrictions. I've been told that for HAL cruises in Europe, most pax tend to dress up for Gala nights. Comments?

:confused:We did a Med cruise on K'dam last April and Tuxes were in the minority. Mostly dark suits or smart jacket, pants and dressy shirt (tie optional).

Unfortunately, apart from a lucky few, most of us need air travel to join the ship and dress code has changed to reflect this. I loved the tux, but now it takes up too much space in the baggage.

True. In the Caribbean, DH just took a blazer and a couple of different ties. And then, in May, on the Prinsendam, he did the same thing, as we were going to spend some time in England after the crossing, and we didn't want to be lugging a tux around. However, I think they still rent tuxes on HAL, so that is certainly an option. I might mention that to him for our next cruise in Europe.

:confused:We did a Med cruise on K'dam last April and Tuxes were in the minority. Mostly dark suits or smart jacket, pants and dressy shirt (tie optional).

Unfortunately, apart from a lucky few, most of us need air travel to join the ship and dress code has changed to reflect this. I loved the tux, but now it takes up too much space in the baggage.

That's true if you own a tux, but I rent mine for the basic reason of luggage space. It's there in my cabin pressed & ready to wear. I've always rented them from the same place. Rarely had an issue.

Our last cruise was in 2015 with Princess and I do not recall the specialty restaurants being so pricey. I don't think we went past $50 per person. But then again it was a different cruise line. I like the wine packages offered and as we are sailing her next June, I will definitely buy one. To be quite honest, I never purchased wine packages on any of our cruises. My mistake. Do we choose the bottles at purchase or can we decide each evening with our meals?

Our last cruise was in 2015 with Princess and I do not recall the specialty restaurants being so pricey. I don't think we went past $50 per person. But then again it was a different cruise line. I like the wine packages offered and as we are sailing her next June, I will definitely buy one. To be quite honest, I never purchased wine packages on any of our cruises. My mistake. Do we choose the bottles at purchase or can we decide each evening with our meals?

You can decide each evening from your specific list. Easy peasy! And if you don't drink the whole bottle, it will be marked with your stateroom number and kept for you for the next evening. We found our saved bottle would follow us - one evening, the day after a dinner in the Pinnacle, we had dinner in the Tamarind, and mentioned we had a partial bottle somewhere - it was immediately brought out from behind the bar!:cool:

You can decide each evening from your specific list. Easy peasy! And if you don't drink the whole bottle, it will be marked with your stateroom number and kept for you for the next evening. We found our saved bottle would follow us - one evening, the day after a dinner in the Pinnacle, we had dinner in the Tamarind, and mentioned we had a partial bottle somewhere - it was immediately brought out from behind the bar!:cool:

Really easy peasy. DW and I are both Italian and we rarely leave leftover wine!;p

The Promenade Deck was well utilized, even without deck chairs. People said that there was plenty of seating on the upper decks, and I suppose in some ways it was better that way. On one cruise, on another ship, many passengers would pull their deck chairs right up to the railing to keep their view from being interrupted by walkers, so the walkers would have to make their way around in "esses". On the K I found it too hot to do much walking, but Pat did a lot and had no problems!

06ec08ea67a0fccb0fbd1e8671c87e7b.jpg

e7008a6803604112b198a6857d678b4a.jpg

7d53afe7b750bccd7758a248ecd1db04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulling a deck chair up to the railing blocking walkers is downright rude. Please tell us that this was NOT on a Holland America ship?

Thanks Ann for letting me know all that I missed on my B2B on the Koningsdam. Going back for a 22 day transatlantic in April and will take your review as a guide to make sure I don't miss anything. I expect a few things will be different after her drydock in December but now I am very excited to sail on her again. Bob

Thanks for posting this. My Dad and I are doing the Baltic on her in September and are really looking forward to it. I can't wait to tell him about the herring (he's Dutch, from Maastricht originally).

I am going to order a wine package for us, but wonder if you have to buy only at the beginning of the cruise, or can you add an additional package later on? "In case" we finish the first package early ;)

Cheers,

Deb

Thanks for posting this. My Dad and I are doing the Baltic on her in September and are really looking forward to it. I can't wait to tell him about the herring (he's Dutch, from Maastricht originally).

I am going to order a wine package for us, but wonder if you have to buy only at the beginning of the cruise, or can you add an additional package later on? "In case" we finish the first package early ;)

Cheers,

Deb

My guess is that they will gladly let you buy another wine package anytime during the cruise.