Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

45 minutes ago, zymurgy1999 said:

Looks like a very cool space.  Does it get busy and are kids allowed in there, meaning is it an adult only space (we have three kids by the way, so not asking as an anti-kid cruiser)?

There are 2 lounges. One for all guests (all ages) and another for Haven guests (all ages). 

45 minutes ago, zymurgy1999 said:

We have just been on the Getaway (twice), so we are unfamiliar with this class of ship.

There are many similarities between the Breakaway class (Breakaway/Getaway) and the Breakaway Plus class (Escape, Joy, Bliss, Encore). The Observation lounges and the go-kart track on the last 3 ships are the biggest differences. Certain things such as the Spa (Joy doesn't have one) and the Garden Cafe have been moved around but since you are familiar with navigating Getaway (elevator banks, Waterfront, etc.), navigating Encore will be pretty much the same.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only

10 hours ago, Steff79 said:

starts with videos :-))

a german blogger will go online live from Encore in 7 Minutes at 3 pm german time. don´t know what he will show and he talks in german, but if someone feels boring and maybe want to see it

I just watched this... it's a good walkthrough of the upper decks and worth watching without the sound (unless you speak German of course lol) It shows the Laser Tag area, Speedway, American Diner, Main Pool, Vibe and a little peek inside the Haven too. I'm sure there will be more videos to come with English comentary, but I'm impatient lol

Wow, love that video since it captures just about everything.  The part of walking through the laser tag area is much cooler than seeing it from afar or photos.  I love finding the tiny details that separate it from its sister ships.  That blue carpet in the Horizon Lounge just screams Alaska.  I notice more blues being used across the ship.  It also looks like they have some sort of striped chair covers instead of the white HAVEN stamped ones. Not a huge fan of the chandelier at Ocean place but it also screams Alaska IMHO.  I think the Observation lounge is looks nicer than the Horizon lounge with those hanging lamps, carpet and furniture.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Not a huge fan of the chandelier at Ocean place but it also screams Alaska IMHO. 

I think it's a major disappointment after the chandeliers on the other ships... hey ho, the rest of the ship is gorgeous. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CazV said:

I think it's a major disappointment after the chandeliers on the other ships... hey ho, the rest of the ship is gorgeous. 🙂

Yeah, that chandelier is pretty ugly in comparison to all others, and smaller?

But I agree, the ship looks amazing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, coriemarie said:

Personally I like the chandelier! It reminds me of roses. My only complaint is that seeing pictures now of the rest of the ship, it doesn't seem to fit in with that sleek, modern vibe. But I will take pictures in front of it regardless. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, kayteecat said:

Personally I like the chandelier! It reminds me of roses. My only complaint is that seeing pictures now of the rest of the ship, it doesn't seem to fit in with that sleek, modern vibe. But I will take pictures in front of it regardless. 😁

1 hour ago, coriemarie said:

I agree.  It's definitely UGLY.  To me it looks like someone forgot to remove the packing wrap from it!  Just my opinion.

• Like 4

On 10/31/2019 at 9:31 AM, Noworkforme23 said:

Not impressed with the new Vibe, only hot tub to cool off in. No grotto or sprinkler area like on Bliss. And even though there is more seats, you will still have to scramble to get a seat if you want to be in an adults only area. 
We have a thermal spa cabin, any photos of the thermal spa.?.

Hi:

Just wanted to clarify something for you.  Vibe on the Bliss does not have a grotto or sprinkler area.  Vibe is the private for pay area of the Bliss and other ships. (As well as the new Encore).  You are thinking of Spice 2O on the Bliss, which is free.  That, sadly, no longer exists on the Encore.

2 hours ago, NewbieCruiser1231 said:

I agree.  It's definitely UGLY.  To me it looks like someone forgot to remove the packing wrap from it!  Just my opinion.

That's so funny because when the chandelier photo leaked a few weeks ago, I said the same thing and thought the plastic wrap was still on it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

CEC0698F-C698-4468-AF7C-40F61D39BBF1.jpeg

Great pics, looking forward to your updates once you get on board. Have a safe and enjoyable trip back the the USA!! Hopefully the weather improves for you all! Oh and of course really enjoy the District!!

Edited by prbffd28
Had to add a line

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

That's so funny because when the chandelier photo leaked a few weeks ago, I said the same thing and thought the plastic wrap was still on it

This was my thought too. Are we sure that is not the case bc I think it's covered.  If not, wow. 

• Like 1