Elite Plus

bunnybee

I'm trying to figure out how one could be disappointed by the perks offered for Elite Plus status. Celebrity clearly prints the benefits you will receive (except hidden benefits), so if you didn't like them, I would think that you might not attempt to achieve the status. Jack Handy's deep thought of the day.

We are over halfway to Zenith and under 60. As one of us retired last year and the other is retiring this year I think we should make it to Zenith. We have enjoyed the benefits over the years. We now mostly book Sky Suites, so about 15 more cruises and we will should be at Zenith. We do two to 3 cruises each year. If we dont make it, it is no big deal. We dont cruise Celebrity just for the benefits of the Captains Club. I have heard that someone is working on their 3rd Zenith level.

I appreciate the perks of Elite+ but once we started booking suites, especially Royal Suites, they became redundant. We'll never reach Zenith but have hope of a level between that we can reach.

We are in the same ‘boat’ as you and would find it difficult to think of anything else to ask for on board!

A couple of cruises ago we met (the only) grumpy couple we have ever met in Michael’s....They were bemoaning the fact their Elite plus status was meaningless as they already had drinks and laundry with their room....When I asked Mrs Grumpy what she wanted she struggled at first but them came out with a long list including free photos, 10% discount in the shops, reduced deposits, cruise discounts....

Like you, we will never make Zeneth although our young adult son might. In his 20’s and E+ on Celebrity and D+ on RC....The only cruise my parents took me on was the Ferry across the Mersey!

A couple of cruises ago we met (the only) grumpy couple we have ever met in Michael’s....They were bemoaning the fact their Elite plus status was meaningless as they already had drinks and laundry with their room....When I asked Mrs Grumpy what she wanted she struggled at first but them came out with a long list including free photos, 10% discount in the shops, reduced deposits, cruise discounts....

Unfortunately those type are everywhere. I can usually suss them out pretty quickly and then run for the hills. No need for my life energy to be drained.

Phil

Unfortunately those type are everywhere. I can usually suss them out pretty quickly and then run for the hills. No need for my life energy to be drained.

Phil

Phil, that is exactly what we did! Plenty of nice guests on board to enjoy the company of...

We did see them once or twice more and their ‘half empty’ philosophy must have prevented them enjoying anything in life....I almost choked on my pre dinner cocktail last night of our cruise when Mrs Grumpy was bemoaning having spent $350 on a waterproof coat and after all that it hadn’t rained once on our cruise!

Zeniths do not necessarily get a specialty dinner. Recently there were 18 Zeniths on Eclipse and only the top cruisers got that.

There was a private lunch in Blu for Zeniths on a sea day.

Apologies. I was wrong. I can see why if there were lots of Zeniths then they wouldn't offer it.

Phil

Phil

We've cruised with this grumpy couple a few times and like Phil, we quickly excuse ourselves and move on. The only time that doesn't work is at an event like a wine dinner or dinner with the Captain.

We've been Elite Plus for our last 4 cruises. The perks for Elite Plus are very disappointing. If you think about it, Elite Plus is 2 1/2 (750) times the points of Elite (300) & we see the main difference the 240 minutes internet (instead of 90) and the extra bag of laundry. If you choose the unlimited WiFi as a perk that difference is meaningless plus we've cruised enough to know where free WiFi is in every port. On a 7 night cruise - 4 bags of laundry - really?? Like my husband says - to make that worth anything, we'd have to bring dirty clothes from home. Most the discounts you can get in other ways with specials, or pre-booking... For us, a real disappointment.

Yup...the two of us have come to the same conclusion. I've written the company with my sentiments on this and got a response back from the CEO that they've heard the message and to look for coming developments where they'll augment Elite Plus. We're to the point where we're considering using another cruise line now since we'll never make Zenith...and we cruise about 3 times a year!

Yup...the two of us have come to the same conclusion. I've written the company with my sentiments on this and got a response back from the CEO that they've heard the message and to look for coming developments where they'll augment Elite Plus. We're to the point where we're considering using another cruise line now since we'll never make Zenith...and we cruise about 3 times a year!

That's is very true.They should redo the perks for Elites Plus and Zenith.

Most of the Promotions never encourage Zenith to book a suite since internet and Premium drinks are already offered to them.

We’re Elite Plus with over 2200 points & we still don’t think we would make Zenith. I would love to see 1 free perk of our choice or specialty dining package. The extra internet is fine but other than checking emails once a day our kids don’t want to hear from us unless there is a problem. Cafe el Bacio is the best thing but should include water. You are right who needs 4 bags of laundry on a 7 or 10 night cruise. We keep hearing about changes but won’t hold my breath. Still love Celebrity though so we have no intentions of changing, great cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by If only

We’re Elite Plus with over 2200 points & we still don’t think we would make Zenith. I would love to see 1 free perk of our choice or specialty dining package. The extra internet is fine but other than checking emails once a day our kids don’t want to hear from us unless there is a problem. Cafe el Bacio is the best thing but should include water. You are right who needs 4 bags of laundry on a 7 or 10 night cruise. We keep hearing about changes but won’t hold my breath. Still love Celebrity though so we have no intentions of changing, great cruise line.
I agree. However, the 4 bags of laundry are much appreciated on the longer cruises, especially in water restricted areas where they reduce the number of items you can send to be laundered.

If you take two 7 day cruises B2B, you receive two sets of Captain's Club perks, but if you take a 14 day cruise, you only get one! :confused:

It also seems strange that they sometimes include hot chocolate as a perk at Cafe Al Bacio, but other times they don't, even though the price for their hot chocolate is less than their coffee or tea.

IMHO it would be better if they would just pick a price point and let the perk be any beverage offered at the Cafe that you want, up through that price point.

Didn't LLP promise an additional level on her Presidents Cruise? Surprised she couldn't "make it so"

Didn't she also promise to restore the daily bottled water in Aqua Class?

What happened to that?

They really should have included another level between Elite+ and Zenith. The gap between them is just too great, as people keep pointing out time after time.

It is always a good idea to offer another "carrot" to your customers that is within obtainable reach.

Edited by varoo

We love Elite Plus and see most all of them as an assist to enjoying cruising. With both of us, we get lots of free laundry (yes, don’t need it for 7-day, but do for all those others), and 240min Wi-Fi is great. And you do get a discount if you want unlimited. Tried that on our last cruise and it was very handy. We aren’t internet junikies but it was very handy not worrying about timing it all. And on short cruises, with both having 240min, that’s a lot.

Love the free speciaity coffees. In fact, I find myself spending time sipping away! And of course happy hour.

Yup, would love Celebrity to add a new level between Elite Plus and Zenith. At what level? Let me look at my currrent points and I’ll suggest that be the new Elite Plus-Plus or Eliter or Elitister or Most Elite or how about Supreme Elite.

Den

I think 1500 should be the level for elite plus plus. More perks should include a basic alcohol package, more internet and discounts on other items like specialty dining, spa services, etc.

• 4 months later...
We've been Elite Plus for our last 4 cruises. The perks for Elite Plus are very disappointing. If you think about it, Elite Plus is 2 1/2 (750) times the points of Elite (300) & we see the main difference the 240 minutes internet (instead of 90) and the extra bag of laundry. If you choose the unlimited WiFi as a perk that difference is meaningless plus we've cruised enough to know where free WiFi is in every port. On a 7 night cruise - 4 bags of laundry - really?? Like my husband says - to make that worth anything, we'd have to bring dirty clothes from home. Most the discounts you can get in other ways with specials, or pre-booking... For us, a real disappointment.

I've been bringing dirty cloths from home for several years. WHY bring clean when they will do it for you. On next to last day i send off laundry and when it returns I leave it n the bag-- put in my luggage for next trip-- next month. Not my dressie shirts or long slacks but everything else. My wife loves me!!!!!

You are a bit afraid of the ship's tap water? Where do you think the water comes from for those cappuccinos and teas? LOL ;p

I am 70 and still hate paying for bottled water. We usually bring an empty water bottle each and fill it up with tap water for our shore tours. Also, drink the filtered tap water at the MDR and Buffet. Been doing that for 17 cruises (10 on X) and I am still very healthy.

At home we have a water softener/filtration system that works pretty well, but anybody under 50 that visits has to bring their expensive bottled water.

Sure, there are a few cities in the USA where the water is questionable, but their reputation is on the front page of most newspapers. Some how the younger generation has been programmed.

We have been Elite Plus since they changed the point system. My only grip is I think our discounts should be bigger. 15% off dining and 10% off a drink package can usually be gotten when they have sales or on board discounts, plus a lot of people get a drink package with their booking so really how many use that discount. I'd like to see 30% off dining and 40% off a drink package.

Yes she did, but I think she also said it would happen as soon as the web site was fixed and up and running smoothly.:D

And that will happen tomorrow but manana never comes:rolleyes:

If we really need water, the bartenders in the Elite Lounge have always accommodated us.

I've been bringing dirty cloths from home for several years. WHY bring clean when they will do it for you. On next to last day i send off laundry and when it returns I leave it n the bag-- put in my luggage for next trip-- next month. Not my dressie shirts or long slacks but everything else. My wife loves me!!!!!

If you send out your laundry, have it cleaned, leave it in your luggage for the next cruise you aren’t taking dirty laundry. 🤔

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I am 70 and still hate paying for bottled water. We usually bring an empty water bottle each and fill it up with tap water for our shore tours. Also, drink the filtered tap water at the MDR and Buffet. Been doing that for 17 cruises (10 on X) and I am still very healthy.

At home we have a water softener/filtration system that works pretty well, but anybody under 50 that visits has to bring their expensive bottled water.

Sure, there are a few cities in the USA where the water is questionable, but their reputation is on the front page of most newspapers. Some how the younger generation has been programmed.

Really not healthy to reuse plastic bottles. I suggest you purchase a water bottle then fill it up. Glad you are still healthy-but we don't push our luck!!

I would love it if the n/a beverage package was part of the deal! I really would love not to pay for or haul bottled water. A little bit afraid of the ships "tap" water. It seems natural that if the cappuccinos and teas are a perk, that water would be part of the package!

Wishing!

Just a little off topic but read that in trying to reduce the vast amounts of plastic waste that is generated, Celebrity will be attempting to cut back on plastic straws and water bottles. Not sure how quickly they will have that implemented or if it will be met with some resistance. Times are changing, though.