No Name Change on Early Saver Rate

I would love to book a cruise with the early saver rate. I cannot do this because it says no name change allowed. My husband and I have different last name for a couple of different reasons. I do not think it is right the I will have to pay more for a cruise on carnival due to different last names. For the cruise I am looking at the different in early saver and past guest is $35 a person. That is a least $70 more just because my husband and I have different last names. Is there a way around not having to pay more just because of different last names?

Yeah, I'm confused about the OP's confusion. When I book and get my first confirmation, I get "John Smith" for my name (no, not really my name!), and "T Smith" for the second passenger, which stands for "TBD Smith". When I go into the booking, I update the second passenger info to whatever I want, perhaps "Jane Doe". I just can't change it again after that, I presume.

I would love to book a cruise with the early saver rate. I cannot do this because it says no name change allowed. My husband and I have different last name for a couple of different reasons. I do not think it is right the I will have to pay more for a cruise on carnival due to different last names. For the cruise I am looking at the different in early saver and past guest is $35 a person. That is a least $70 more just because my husband and I have different last names. Is there a way around not having to pay more just because of different last names?

Past guest is the best because you can cancel and get your $$$ back and also make changes.

My son's girlfriend and her daughter have different last names and they were allowed to book Early Saver.

Who remembers when a cruiseline or hotel would prohibit guests from booking the same cabin together if their surnames weren't identical?????? This had actually occurred back when we had morality police and hotel/cruise dicks patrolling properties 70 or 80 years ago, We've moved on since then.

So after reading other people reply's I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I book online myself. Sometimes hubby comes (same last name) sometimes he doesn't. As stated before, the second passenger will be "TBA Smith" (Smith used as an example). If hubby is coming I just go in Carnivals website under "Manager" and add his info. If I bring a friend I do need to contact Carnival to add the 2nd person since there last name is different. And yes, it can be done with Early Saver rate code.