Guy's Burgers lines.

whompfan

One thing I didn't mention earlier- the line up for the burger was very quick, but the wait for the toppings might be slower- the area where you can get those things like sautéed onions or mushrooms, sauces and other toppings is a separate station. And when you get more then 2 people on each side it can really slow down. WHy? Because people take a week to decide if they want jalapenos or relish!!!

Honestly, I doubt you will ever come across a line on any ship, for any venue, that will be 40 mins long. Yes, there will be lines at times because after all, you are not the only person on board. But 40 mins? Never. Even if there is a bit of a wait, who cares? You are on vacation. It’s the one time you get to slow down and not have to rush to be somewhere.

And as far as how good the burgers are, I think they are ok. My problem isn’t with the burger itself but with the bread. There’s hardly anything to it and when a greasy burger gets stuck in the middle, the bread becomes so soggy that it’s hard to eat the burger. I really wish they would get better buns. The fries, however, are absolutely delicious. Some of the best I have ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ever been to Disney?:o

Getting off Valor last month, we had FTTF and had no wait on embarking for guys. Then on a port day again, no line on one side. Next time I will ask for more fries, its just too few for me. I loved the ranch to dip my fries in

and put onions, mushrooms and bbq sauce on the burger. Much like 5guys.... :cool::cool:

On the Sunshine the lines for Guy's started forming 15+ minutes before opening time. For the 1st 30 minutes there was a long line ... then it dropped off to a wait of a couple of minutes then on. We just waited to get in line until the first wave went down.

For the same reason that I’ve waited in line for a table at Guy Fieri’s restaurants, I’ve had his burgers and I’ve had his other food. It’s mediocre at best.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Being From KC, I hope you will agree that his BQ on Board is a Joke!!!:eek: Carnival would have do better to Franchise " A Bryant's or My Favorite "Gates"....Real KC BQ!!!!

Mike

STL

That's just like, your opinion, man.

I like them, greasy and all. But there are a lot of ways to make a burger, and I guess I like a lot of them.

Some posters only post negative comments, it is what the do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The burger in and of itself is pretty decent with the SMC. But I think the real allure comes with the toppings bar. If you’re a plain Jane ketchuper, which I suspect a lot of the haters are, there really isn’t that much to write home about.

But give me a single with a double pig patty loaded up with extra sautéed onions, pickles, and maybe a little extra crumbled bacon on top, and it really is the best burger I’ve had next to Tommy’s in Southern California.

I have seen the longest lines for Guy's on embarkation day. I will go to the BBQ place then, if one is on the ship, before others "discover" it.

Honestly, it's just a greasy burger, and I could never figure out why the fuss? { Here's a link about his restaurant in Times Sq closing from the NY Post, a conservative tabloid: https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/good-riddance-to-guy-fieris-times-square-tourist-trap/ Obviously, the vast majority of Carnival cruisers swear by Guy's, and I will admit that his are better than what they had before. But it's just an 80/20 burger, not even bison.