Which dock in St Thomas?

madre2

It is my understanding that RCI signed a contract to dock all ships at Crown Bay. This includes Celebrity. Last time I was in St. Thomas (March 2017), we docked at Crown Bay. When we got into downtown, we could see that there were only a couple of other ships at Havensight, plenty of room for more. We were the only ship at Crown Bay.

It is my understanding that RCI signed a contract to dock all ships at Crown Bay. This includes Celebrity. Last time I was in St. Thomas (March 2017), we docked at Crown Bay. When we got into downtown, we could see that there were only a couple of other ships at Havensight, plenty of room for more. We were the only ship at Crown Bay.

Yes they did sign a contract to dock in Crown Bay and that contract that started a bit over a year ago or so is a contract for the next 10 years....I miss docking at Havensight :loudcry:

The Summit docked in Crown Bay last month. I didn't even get off the ship. Hope Celebrity got lots of money to agree to dock there. Havensight is a much better docking spot.

We were there on FOS in 2016 and thought CB was a real letdown. We'll be there on Sihouette next month. At least the taxis to town are cheap.

Has anyone visited Emerald Beach since the hurricane and Celebrity's return to the island? Wondering about its condition.

I was on Summit in January and went to Emerald Beach. It was open, although some of the damage was still evident. We rented 2 chairs under an "umbrella" and bought a couple of beers and had lunch at the restaurant there. No issue, and a quick $4 taxi pp ride from Crown Bay dock.

I was on Summit in January and went to Emerald Beach. It was open, although some of the damage was still evident. We rented 2 chairs under an "umbrella" and bought a couple of beers and had lunch at the restaurant there. No issue, and a quick $4 taxi pp ride from Crown Bay dock.

Thanks, glad to hear it. We've stayed in St. Thomas on many land vacations, and visited numerous times on cruises. Emerald beach has been our favorite for a while now, easy to get to and from, quiet and all the facilities we need.

We were told by one Officer that Celebrity uses Crown Bay because all of the tour sites are closer to it. Don’t know if it is true or not since we haven’t been on a tour there in years.

Don’t mind the walk from there to the main town. It takes about 30 or 45 minutes and they have signs posted along the way showing the distance and walking time.

Many times the shopping expert will have free shuttles that take you into town to one of the shops for their drawing and a welcome glass of bubbly with cookies. You are on your own to get back.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

They are slowly building up the Crown Bay pier area. I still like Havensight better... but I dislike CB less now. LOL In Last month it was still just $4 each for a quick ride into town. Getting a ride back is very easy. Just walk down a sidewalk. They slow down and ask if you want a ride back to the ship. We took an open vehicle into town and a closed van on the way back.

I had stopped going into town when X was docking at Havensight. I just stayed there. It's nice to go walk around again!