Getting confirmation of new Booking , from PCC

sail7seas

IThink not........ I never got it but he manaag to get t heconfirmation of cancellation to my e-mail adress, actually, he sent that about 4 times. He and HAL have and use the correct adddresss and I get plenty of HAL mail at that address. I cannot answer why he did not send the confirmation off booking but threre was no problem with my e-mail all day and last night. I got much mail andPCC sent the confirmation of cancellation. He just didn'tt seem tto get any sense I wanted that confirmation promptly for a valid reason.......... M edical insuance for pre exisitng conditions that must be purchased by a prescribed time after first booking depposit. Maybe it peeves him I consider HAL cancellation coverage a waste. I care far more to insure formedical treatment forr illness or accident out of the country that Medicare would not cover. He gets commission for HAL"s but I won' buy that. It pays a pittance for medical bills.

I'm not sure I understand this.

Most companies here in Canada allow 5 business days within booking for the concerns you have. I don't know your insurance company rules of course

But, I would like to think you had a bit of time.

You can easily book with someone else or just do it on line with HAL and then transfer it when you see fit and get your insurance in place.

OR, I can leave the cancellation in place. That is one of my options. :)

As to insurance, rules vary from countryto country . I n this instance, the only interest I have is in the rules for the country in which I live. And to fuether confuse it, the rules may vary from insurancr company to insurance company.

(bold is mine) I agree. It sounds to me like this guy make a mistake and then got defensive. All he had to do was say "I'm sorry, I'll fix it right away," and then actually fix it. But for some reason a lot of people in customer service (not just HAL) won't apologize and own their mistakes. He has not and likely will not apologize or acknowledge, he blew it and did me wrong.

Sail, don't let one bad employee wipe out your good history with HAL. I would call a supervisor and ask for a new PCC.

I will think ab out it this weekend but my 'gut' is soured now for this cruise. When I chose it and proceedded to book it, that cruise had a lot of , spec ial fpersonal meaning to me. I wanted to do that cruise but I am soured on it now to some extent.

I will think ab out it this weekend but my 'gut' is soured now for this cruise. When I chose it and proceedded to book it, that cruise had a lot of , spec ial fpersonal meaning to me. I wanted to do that cruise but I am soured on it now to some extent.

Just remember, if you book it, the bad PCC won't be on the cruise, you will. Let it go for a few days and when you revisit the idea, think about how you felt when you decided to book, and not what happened after that.

I understand your concern over insurance. I like to book mine quickly, too. I don't want to I forget and miss the window for getting that pre-existing coverage.

I’m surprised with all your experience sailing on HAL you reacted so quickly to cancel your cruise. A quick bit of research could have eased your worries about pre existing conditions and insurance coverage. A review of insuremytrip.com would have shown you that you have 15 days after initial payment to secure insurance coverage which covers pre-existing conditions (Coverage for US residents). Additionally, you could have logged into the Holland America website and logged under the my reservations tab to see if your reservation was there. My reservations usually show up the same day I book.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by TrolleyGirl

I’m surprised with all your experience sailing on HAL you reacted so quickly to cancel your cruise. A quick bit of research could have eased your worries about pre existing conditions and insurance coverage. A quick review of insuremytrip.com would have shown you that you have 15 days after initial payment to secure insurance coverage which covers pre-existing conditions. Additionally, you could have logged into the Holland America website and logged under the my reservations tab to see if your reservation was there. My reservations usually show up the same day I book.

Enjoy your cruise.

Oh my! I've noticed that a few posters seem to be really bothered by everything sail7seas writes. I saw it as a simple question, not worthy of a tongue lashing. Not everyone lives and dies for insuremytrip.com. It's not something I ever use.

There is a better than average chance the email delay had nothing to do with the PCC and was a network delay with either HAL servers or your email provider - it happens often and today had a fairly large internet server crash that impacted services across the country.

Call a new PCC or HAL direct and book, no reason for one underpaid idiot to bother you enough to cancel a multi-week trip

Oh my! I've noticed that a few posters seem to be really bothered by everything sail7seas writes. I saw it as a simple question, not worthy of a tongue lashing.

I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I am a self-sufficient personality type. I don’t wait on others for answers when I can easily find the answer out on my own. In my post I pointed out there are options to getting Sail’s questions answered. Maybe the post will help her next time with a booking and she won’t have to cancel a newly booked cruise because of a misplaced confirmation. Or not?

Edited by TrolleyGirl

Oh my! I've noticed that a few posters seem to be really bothered by everything sail7seas writes. I saw it as a simple question, not worthy of a tongue lashing. Not everyone lives and dies for insuremytrip.com. It's not something I ever use.

I am sorry but I don't see anyone giving Sail a tongue lashing. Instead I see people offering helpful advice. I am sure Sail is a big girl and can look after herself and doesn't need your protection.

I am sorry but I don't see anyone giving Sail a tongue lashing. Instead I see people offering helpful advice. I am sure Sail is a big girl and can look after herself and doesn't need your protection.

I agree! It seems to me that Trolley Girl gave Sail some excellent advice in order to save a meaningful cruise. Tongue lashing? Where? Seems like quite a stretch to me. Some people seem to look for monsters under the bed that aren't there.

There is a better than average chance the email delay had nothing to do with the PCC and was a network delay with either HAL servers or your email provider - it happens often and today had a fairly large internet server crash that impacted services across the country.

Call a new PCC or HAL direct and book, no reason for one underpaid idiot to bother you enough to cancel a multi-week trip

The way he spoke to me on t he phone is the 'heavy lift' here. His failure tto apollogize when he set n the confirmagtion of canc ellation. FUnny how he had no gtrouble getting that into my email box b u t could not getg\he booking confirmation sent? Makes me wonder if he ever tried.

Just remember, if you book it, the bad PCC won't be on the cruise, you will. Let it go for a few days and when you revisit the idea, think about how you felt when you decided to book, and not what happened after that.

I understand your concern over insurance. I like to book mine quickly, too. I don't want to I forget and miss the window for getting that pre-existing coverage.

I have substantial pre-existing conditions and MUST have travel medical coverage.

yES, Florida, gal........

I use the same insurance company every cruise and know their terms. WHY do I want to go tto insuremytrip? :confused:

I use the same insurance company every cruise and know their terms. WHY do I want to go tto insuremytrip?

I find it never hurts to investigate all my options. You may find that too. With a little research you may find better coverage, spend less money and get the 15 day window in which to buy coverage and still have pre-existing conditions covered. There’s even coverage offered now that will reimburse you for missed ports or itinerary changes.

Options, options, options. But like you said it’s your cruise.

Sail, try not to let one bad apple spoil this for you! Sadly, some people just don't belong in the jobs they have and are just idiots!

Have you logged into HAL and checked under My Reservation to see if the Booking was done and for whatever reason you just didn't receive the confirmation? If not, when you're ready give a call back. The new PCC will be able, too, to confirm that your FCD's were applied back to your Mariner Number!

I find it never hurts to investigate all my options. You may find that too. With a little research you may find better coverage, spend less money and get the 15 day window in which to buy coverage and still have pre-existing conditions covered. There’s even coverage offered now that will reimburse you for missed ports or itinerary changes.

Agree.

My thanks to those who posted a kind message :)

My friends had been urging me to book a c ruise, and enjoy some time on a ship. When I told them I was booking this b-to b, They were happy for me and said such nice things. I have not had the heart to tell them that cruise is cancelled. I and they know it would likely have been good fo r me to go alone, revisit HAL and that ship. But.............

Edited by sail7seas

• 1 month later...
Sail, try not to let one bad apple spoil this for you! Sadly, some people just don't belong in the jobs they have and are just idiots!

Have you logged into HAL and checked under My Reservation to see if the Booking was done and for whatever reason you just didn't receive the confirmation? If not, when you're ready give a call back. The new PCC will be able, too, to confirm that your FCD's were applied back to your Mariner Number!

That cruise remains cancelled by me and it is disappointing the PCC made that happen.

Irony is, I was advised the price has dropped. ;)

Wow! That IS ironic.

How were you informed of the price drop? By an email from the PCC?

Yes, ....

ii, if i DECIDE TO BOOK AGAIN, i WILL HAVE TO TELL TH E WHOLE SORRY TALE TO INSUNAE COMPANY TO BE SURE THEY KNOW HE EDEPOSIT i wouled

Wow! That IS ironic. How were you informed of the price drop? By an email from the PCC?
Yes, ....

IF, iF, i SHOULD DECIde to RE book I would have to inform the iinsurance company OF GTHE WHOLE SORRY TALE AS I WOULD NEeed ASsURANCE, I would be eligiBle for pre-existing condition coverage as the mos recent t deposits would not be the first deposits and i would not take the chance ghat I could need to make a claim and would be denied because i had made deposit s for that cruise some time ago, same, cruise, same date. They are quite reasonable to work with but I KNOW enough to get this in wirting prior to going further with booking or paying non-refundable premium for insurane. i will request e-mail verification this issue had been discussed and approved by them.

Edited by sail7seas