? Outside areas for suite guests?

EeyoreFan1967

Hello Celebrity experts!

We are considering booking a Celebrity cruise for our next vacation and we are wondering if any of the ships have exclusive pool or spa areas for suite guests only (like the Haven on NCL)? We are trying to choose between The Haven, Celebrity Suite or Regent. Does anyone here have experience with these and can offer some comparison?

TIA! Eeyore

Yes there are! As a matter of fact if you walk all the way aft on any deck, crawl over the railing and walk another five feet there is a private saltwater pool for those who need a designated space undisturbed by the humble masses who occupy the less expensive real estate.:evilsmile:

Yes there are! As a matter of fact if you walk all the way aft on any deck, crawl over the railing and walk another five feet there is a private saltwater pool for those who need a designated space undisturbed by the humble masses who occupy the less expensive real estate.:evilsmile:

Thanks for the warm welcome to the Celebrity board. :hearteyes: Maybe I should stick with the Haven lol!

Currently, No. The new ship the Edge may have these facilities. It debuts in 2019 or 2020.

Edge will and I understand it’s inaugural is scheduled this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haha maybe that is why the Edge suites are priced at double the cost of Infinity or Silhouette (at least for the sailings I'm seeing). Thanks for the info!!

Hello Celebrity experts!

We are considering booking a Celebrity cruise for our next vacation and we are wondering if any of the ships have exclusive pool or spa areas for suite guests only (like the Haven on NCL)? We are trying to choose between The Haven, Celebrity Suite or Regent. Does anyone here have experience with these and can offer some comparison?

TIA! Eeyore

How could you ever consider putting Haven and Celebrity Suite in the same category as luxury Regent (or a premium line like Oceania or Azamara)?

How could you ever consider putting Haven and Celebrity Suite in the same category as luxury Regent (or a premium line like Oceania or Azamara)?

I personally do not consider Oceania a luxury line. We have sailed with them 3 times in suites. As far as the Haven, it was nice but the minute you leave you are on an NCL cruise. IMHO Celebrity in a suite gives you a great value.

Perhaps you should. There is a great difference between snobby and snotty. Serving of shade aside, I would recommend Seabourne, Silversea or Regent for the level of exclusivity you are inquiring about. Of course the average fair for Celebrity suite-class or NCL Haven suites will only afford a lower category stateroom on a real luxury line which begs to inquire if you're actually seeking a luxury cruise experience or just enjoy being the big fish in the small pond.

Actually the Edge has some 3 nights to the Bahamas in November & December 2018 and the first 7 night to the Caribbean is on December 9, 2018

Thank you for the clarification. OP, have you considered the MSC Yacht Club? We have dear friends that enjoy the Haven, and have been VERY pleased with MSC Yacht Club.

I know that that they are not in the same category, but I priced out a Haven suite and the price was not THAT different for what you seem to get on Regent. The Celebrity suite was less. I don't really know what any of these experiences feels like because I haven't done any of them and this is why I'm asking this apparently ridiculous question. Thanks for all of your patience with a silly naive idiot such as me. I will continue to weigh the options...

I personally do not consider Oceania a luxury line. We have sailed with them 3 times in suites. As far as the Haven, it was nice but the minute you leave you are on an NCL cruise. IMHO Celebrity in a suite gives you a great value.

Reread my post: I said PREMIUM line like Oceania or Azamara. In any case, putting anything on a Celebrity or NCL ship in the same category as Oceania is ridiculous. Just the difference in food is remarkable.

I know that that they are not in the same category, but I priced out a Haven suite and the price was not THAT different for what you seem to get on Regent. The Celebrity suite was less. I don't really know what any of these experiences feels like because I haven't done any of them and this is why I'm asking this apparently ridiculous question. Thanks for all of your patience with a silly naive idiot such as me. I will continue to weigh the options...

You appear to be making a rookie mistake of comparing only cabin price. That Regent fare includes things like airfare/air credit and much much more that you'll pay for on those mass market wannabes.

Yes, that is what it looked like compared to others going upon my limited research, that the Celebrity Suite is a great value. Thanks for your input.

Perhaps you should. There is a great difference between snobby and snotty. Serving of shade aside, I would recommend Seabourne, Silversea or Regent for the level of exclusivity you are inquiring about. Of course the average fair for Celebrity suite-class or NCL Haven suites will only afford a lower category stateroom on a real luxury line which begs to inquire if you're actually seeking a luxury cruise experience or just enjoy being the big fish in the small pond.

I'm not even sure what you mean by "being a big fish in a small pond" but my husband and I would love to experience a romantic vacation in the Caribbean without too much screaming and splashing around a pool (we have been there and done that many times and there is a wonderful time and place for that...but now we are empty-nesters ready to celebrate that fact). We are considering an all-inclusive resort on an island but we also like the experience of cruising and having entertainment of many kinds and many dining venues available to us. The Haven sounded like the perfect solution, so I started researching...and I heard even those pools can be overrun with screamers and the cost was high...When I started to research the price I realized we could do Oceania for the same or less as the Haven (for a lesser cabin) or a suite on Regent for a just little more. But the Celebrity suite is much less and I was hoping for maybe some quiet space around a pool or open deck, but all the private space seems like it's inside in restaurants and lounges. Not a bad thing, may still book it. Thanks for the help!

You appear to be making a rookie mistake of comparing only cabin price. That Regent fare includes things like airfare/air credit and much much more that you'll pay for on those mass market wannabes.

Yes, this is why when I looked at the Haven, I thought, what the heck, we might as well book Regent it's really not that much more...but it's still ALOT for us...and then I considered celebrity which is significantly less and now there is a sale to make it pretty much all-inclusive except for the airfare.

Even if there is a pool for suite guests, there’s no guarantee there won’t be screaming and splashing. Many suite guests have children who would be permitted in the pool area. You may want to consider an all inclusive adults only land resort in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even if there is a pool for suite guests, there’s no guarantee there won’t be screaming and splashing. Many suite guests have children who would be permitted in the pool area. You may want to consider an all inclusive adults only land resort in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes we are considering this, thanks for the suggestion!

but my husband and I would love to experience a romantic vacation in the Caribbean without too much screaming and splashing around a pool (we have been there and done that many times and there is a wonderful time and place for that...but now we are empty-nesters ready to celebrate that fact).

There are far fewer kids on Celebrity than on NCL or most of the other mass market cruise lines. If you do one longer than 7 days that number drops considerably and if you can do the cruise outside the summer break time you will lose even more. a 10-14 day cruise on Celebrity you will probably be able to count the kids with your fingers.

I don't know what ship you're considering, but for great privacy and wonderful outdoor space, I would recommend one of the two penthouse suites on an M Class Ship (Constellation, Millennium, Infinity, Summit). The veranda is actually about the size of my condo! You have a choice of shade or sun. The suite is enormous. We've had over 100 people in for sailaway. There's a private club for suite guests and there is also a dedicated suite restaurant. And, as a penthouse guest, you may dine gratis at any of the specialty restaurants on board. If you go to YouTube and search penthouse with one of those ship names, some videos will pop up so you can get an idea of what they're like.

Also, all Celebrity ships have a covered pool area where children are not permitted.

Celebrity doesn’t attract a lot of children (no water slides, miini golf, climbing walls, etc) longer cruises even less children.

Celebrity does have a area The Solarium that while not restrcted to Suite guests, is adults only, has a pool, loungers and is quiet. On Alaska cruises they do allow children in for an hour or so late afternoon an will due the same if bad weather prevent using the outdoor pools.

I just scrolled through most of your previous posts. Looks like you may have ZERO experience on Regent, Seaborne, Silversea or Oceana. Just sayin...

You really should look at the Yacht Club on MSC Divina or their new ship Seaside. We are frequent cruisers on Celebrity and love the S Class ships but when we wanted to splurge for a suite experience MSC was SO much cheaper than NCL Haven or X's suites! Check out YouTube videos of Top Sail Lounge or the One Pool area on MSC.