Club Class wait Not Acceptable

cruzsnooze

As you say interesting. In May it only left about 6/8 tables free for any time dining. The entrance to CC dining was starboard side in Santa Fe, but then that entrance had a split entrance again with CC. left and any time to the right. One hostess dealt with both lines. In June did they made Santa Fe restaurant only for Club Class passengers? Generoso Maitre D seemed to be well on top of any situation.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Yes....on our June 16th cruise, it was ONLY Club Class. Though we were slipped in there one night when nothing else was available. We were Anytime.

Remember if you talk to the maitre d like you would in any upscale restaurant,you would never have a problem getting a table.Talk to him on embarkation day.

long cruiser

Only is you slip him a $100. Not me, I'll put that towards a wine package. :p

We were Club Class on the Regal for 25 days Transatlantic/Baltic this spring in a mini suite and yes there was a thick drape we could pull across the entrance to the bed area. We had all three meals almost every day in the CC dining room which is a distinct, separate area, and never waited more than 20 seconds to be seated. Two Crown Grill and 1 Crab Shack nights and we enjoyed it all. As a couple we were seated at tables for two every meal but we met many very nice folks seated around us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

is there anything that separates the CC section from the 'regular' anytime diners? - maybe a velvet rope or something ;p

how close are the CC tables to the regular anytime dining tables?

Our last time using CC on the Grand, there WAS a velvet rope that was utilized on the "step up" into CC. In fact on disimbarkment day, because the dining room was also a waiting area for disimbarkment, several pax argued that they should be able to enter based on status. Their requests were politely declined, except for one insistent pax, who wasn't having any of it. She got loud (as though that's going to change the rules) and kept getting louder, until, I'm assuming security was called and was (almost forcibly) removed.

We had a port end at 7ish PM one night. Velvet rope came down, tables from ATD were changed to CC and all CC diners were seated, immediately. Service was a bit chaotic and it wasn't nearly as individualized, but we were still happy with the service. Our waiter and assistant waiter took the time to apologise for the lack of personal interaction, as did the maitre de. Small (very small) deviation in the norm, but still acceptable as the MDR had waits of over an hour.

We travel in whatever cabin works for us. If I could stay in nothing but suites, I'd do it. But I'll book whatever stateroom fits us at the time, budget, time constraints and expectations. I'm also perfectly happy with standard amenities. Never utilized balcony meals as there's room service (my choice, not bashing anyone who likes balcony meals), did a couple of spa treatments (all won during drawings). We do go to specialty restaurants once per cruise as I need my molten chocolate cake to remind me of how good things really are in the real world. Never done sanctuary, but I'm a smoker and wouldn't get to fully utilize the service (and it's on the completely opposite side of the comfy smoking section on the Grand).

I'm just happy to be on a ship!

We had a port end at 7ish PM one night. Velvet rope came down, tables from ATD were changed to CC and all CC diners were seated, immediately. Service was a bit chaotic and it wasn't nearly as individualized, but we were still happy with the service. Our waiter and assistant waiter took the time to apologise for the lack of personal interaction, as did the maitre de. Small (very small) deviation in the norm, but still acceptable as the MDR had waits of over an hour.

I would be annoyed that I paid for something they are giving away for free not to mention the lack of personal service you state. The reason people pay for CC is to avoid the hour wait in ATD but if they are alleviating that situation with allowing them into CC then why book and pay for CC. I would prorate the daily CC cost and ask to be reimbursed in OBC .

I would be annoyed that I paid for something they are giving away for free not to mention the lack of personal service you state. The reason people pay for CC is to avoid the hour wait in ATD but if they are alleviating that situation with allowing them into CC then why book and pay for CC. I would prorate the daily CC cost and ask to be reimbursed in OBC .
Actually, it's the opposite of what you're thinking. They took ATD tables and changed the tablecloths to grey and seated CC diners so there was no wait for CC diners.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Actually, it's the opposite of what you're thinking. They took ATD tables and changed the tablecloths to grey and seated CC diners so there was no wait for CC diners.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

You are correct however they did not increase the wait staff and if you wanted your same waiter he would have to run from his normal station to where you were now sitting..

I said that they seated all of us in CC that paid for CC, it was the ATDers that had to wait over an hour. They also increased the staff in CC, but most were from the buffet. Not saying anything against buffet servers, they just don't have the same requirements other than filling drinks and clearing dishes.

The additional staff were used as runners for drinks, clearing of tables between courses and general help. I don't think any of them had ever worked the MDR let alone CC. The additional help may have contributed to the more chaotic feeling, but it was crowded and noisy unlike any other night.

I've noticed CC servers are on the same level as specialty dining servers. Efficient, personable and just great at what they do. Staff compete for these positions and it shows.

I personally wouldn't ask for onboard credit for them doing a decent job!

I have never had to slip anyone cash to get results. Perhaps it is attitude related?

I've never given the maître d a tip in all my cruises, nor the waiters since it's charged to my S&S account at the end of the cruise. If my cabin steward is on top of things like ice every day, we give him a nice tip at the end of the cruise.

I will admit I have not read all the post as the thread was old and resurrected. But sailed the CB in early June in a suite. We were warned one night that there might be a wait the following night (1st formal). It was maybe 10 minutes. But another night (can't remember which) we arrived to be told it would be about a half hour. We were going to leave and come back when they decided to seat us in the early traditional side. I do not think that waiter was happy as most of his tables were on dessert. But he took it in stride and did the best he could - with the CC head waiter on his back the entire time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I said that they seated all of us in CC that paid for CC, it was the ATDers that had to wait over an hour. They also increased the staff in CC, but most were from the buffet. Not saying anything against buffet servers, they just don't have the same requirements other than filling drinks and clearing dishes.

Our experience is that many of the buffet staff are waitstaff that are in the dining rooms at dinner. When they are not needed in a dining room at breakfast or lunch, they work in the buffet area.

On one of cruises, one of the wait staff whom waited on us at breakfast in Sabtini's was in the crown grill at dinner, and sometime at the buffet at lunch time, So the staff can go anyway they are needed.

All the wait staff we encounter are really nice people and only too happy to help.

Cheers Don

We did club class on Coral, 15 days in November, and never waited even one minute.

We had CC on Regal because we were in a suite and never ever experienced a wait for a table no matter what time we went to eat in CC......I really do not get the complaining and whining either.....:cool:

We had CC on Regal because we were in a suite and never ever experienced a wait for a table no matter what time we went to eat in CC......I really do not get the complaining and whining either.....:cool:

They, apparently did have significant delays, I would assume that's why they complained. You didn't have delays, thus no complaints. What's not to get in these 2 situations? Different situations, different results.

Tom

Oh...they wouldn't know. I just mean mad because they weren't able to be seated immediately. Not mad at US specifically, but mad at the situation.

As an aside, I think CC Dining works best on the Sapphire and the Diamond, since these two ships have so many separate dining rooms, they are able to devote an entire room to CC.

Ok, now I understand what you meant. Enjoy whatever comes your way on a cruise.

Why can't princess just set up a seperate din ing room as they do on cunard,and celebrity cruise lines?

long cruiser

Cunard ships are built as three class ships and plan dining rooms accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They, apparently did have significant delays, I would assume that's why they complained. You didn't have delays, thus no complaints. What's not to get in these 2 situations? Different situations, different results.

Tom

We have not experienced waits for CC on the other Princess ships we have been on either.....it seems sometimes on these boards that just because someone is unhappy with what happened on their cruise people suggest it is a problem fleet wide.....I can see on some cruises (depending on demographics) that if every one wanted to eat in CC at 5:30 PM there might be a problem but we have not had that problem in CC on witnessed it either....:)

How many tines have you had to wait at a land restaurant - sometimes even if you have a reservation. I heve a great difficulty feeling sorry for you.

The difference is that at a land restaurant you are not promised immediate seating whenever you might show up. However Princess does promise immediate seating with Club Class. With the extra cost of Club Class cabins, Princess should do what is necessary to keep that promise.

From the Princess web site:

Exclusive Club Class Dining

Take advantage of Club Class Dining, featuring expedited seating with no wait, special menu options, dedicated waitstaff and tableside preparations.

And on another web page:

Your Table Is Waiting For You

Dine on your own schedule and enjoy expedited seating with no wait

Just got off the caribbean Princess and she has major problems with speed and shortened port times but the issue that was unacceptable was pagers for Club Class with a 25 minute wait. I was under the impression the CC was a minimal wait. They stated that everyone wanted to eat at the same time that night. Well wasn't that the issue with the MDR and why CC was introduced for a fee to avoid the wait times.

Why a "25 minute wait" and if everyone wanted to eat at the same time that night (implies there was no problem other nights) and the dining room was full the wait would have been more then 25 minutes in our experience.....something is not adding up at all here??:rolleyes:

The difference is that at a land restaurant you are not promised immediate seating whenever you might show up. However Princess does promise immediate seating with Club Class. With the extra cost of Club Class cabins, Princess should do what is necessary to keep that promise.

From the Princess web site:

Exclusive Club Class Dining

Take advantage of Club Class Dining, featuring expedited seating with no wait, special menu options, dedicated waitstaff and tableside preparations.

And on another web page:

Your Table Is Waiting For You

Dine on your own schedule and enjoy expedited seating with no wait

I just love it! It also says priority debarkation but that rarely happens either. They're like politicians, they promise but they rarely deliver. I suppose the only recourse is to threaten to take off gratuities. Now that gets their attention. They pulled the corkage fee on us once, we told them if we were charged we would take off the same in gratuities. No corkage fee showed up. So, I think besides complaining and feeling like you got ripped off AGAIN, use that tactic.:evilsmile: