Mitsugirly is finally sailing with RC again!

So...how do you pack bottles of wine for the suitcase to keep them from breaking on the flight? (I've seen those videos of the luggage people at the airport slinging that luggage around and sometimes destroying it). ;)

I bought wine bottle bags from Amazon. They are designed to hold a 750ml bottle. They have a zip lock top and are lined with the same absorbent material used in disposable diapers. I have used them about 6 times--no broken bottles so far. They were 3 for $10 6 years ago.

See

Jet Bag Reusable Padded Absorbent Bottle Bags, Bio-Degradable Travel Accessory, Set of 3

4.7 out of 5 stars 288 customer reviews

| 12 answered questions

List Price: $14.99 Price: $13.49

So...how do you pack bottles of wine for the suitcase to keep them from breaking on the flight? (I've seen those videos of the luggage people at the airport slinging that luggage around and sometimes destroying it). ;)

Look up Wine Diapers on Amazon.

We normally buy after landing and before boarding to avoid the luggage issue. This works well if you are arriving the day before and most hotels have stores near the places we choose to stay. I know this doesn't answer your question directly, just another option to consider. Have a great trip.

Mitsugirly- family and friends have a safe and very enjoyable cruise.

We all await your review with great info on: air to ship, hotel, ship review and especially Beach time with snorkelling and some scuba.

Cheers.:)

For those of us who love Mitsugirly's reviews... SPOILER ALERT :eek:

Currently on a bus headed back to the port in St Croix with a bunch of cruise passengers yelling at the driver to step on it. :o

Just got home a few hours ago...ALMOST didn't make it...wow, what a story!

I'm downloading my pictures as we speak and will try to get things organized and ready to start the review as soon as I can. :D

Hope its a happy story. Glad you made it.

Just got home a few hours ago...ALMOST didn't make it...wow, what a story!

I'm downloading my pictures as we speak and will try to get things organized and ready to start the review as soon as I can. :D

Hurray! I am looking forward to reading the review. Happy to have you back here and hope all is good.

Do you know how worried we all were?????

Welcome back and looking forward to another one of your wonderful reviews! :cool:

Haha...not as worried as me and another lady on that excursion. WHEW!

Keep checking everyday for review, then realized give this gal some time to recoup. Looking forward to it also.

:D I forced myself to go into work instead of working on getting my pictures together. It was hard trust me. But I'll start soon.