Interconnected rooms

Hi,

Quick question. I read on another site that interconnected rooms can sometimes mean you can hear more from the adjoining room and that these should be avoided. Has anyone had Thai problem before and would you move rooms just because of this? We booked a outside balcony guarantee on symphony and have been given one of these rooms on deck 12 and wasn’t sure if to call and change categories or go back into the guarantee pot to see if we get another room. Moving up to the next category would move us to floor 7 which is ok but I like the idea of being way up on deck 12 (never been on auch a big ship that there’s 12 floors hehe).

We’re not exactly seeking the quietest room on the ship so general noise doesn’t matter i just think the way I’d read the other site made it sound like the door would be paper thin and I’d be able to hear everything :')

I´ve had a few connecting cabins without being connected to the occupants in the other cabin. I never had a problem with noise at all. Yes, on occasion I´ve heard something from next door, but I´ve had that happen in regular rooms as well. IME it´s not nearly as bad as some make it sound on CC.

You can also go online and see which other rooms are available in the same category as your assignment and ask to be moved there. Leave the connecting cabins for the families who need them!

The noise from the other room all depends on the guests in that room. If they are quiet, no problem. However if they are loud, or play the TV on high volume, you will hear much more with a connecting door than without. I try to avoid connecting rooms.

I would move.

Someone on another thread said their steward put a towel over the door and that helped.

I carry ear plugs when I travel because you can also be in a noisy area or have kids nearby like to yell when they’re walking. It doesn’t have to be a connecting cabin!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just hang a couple of garments, on their hangers, against the door as a buffer. Sometimes DH sets his suitcase against a wall anyway, so if we have a concern about noise, he puts it there. Never had a problem.

I've made the mistake of booking a connecting room without realising, how would I go about changing it?

Not sure about the UK rules, but you would have to contact whoever booked your cruise. You may be able to change to another available stateroom within the same exact catergory, but I don't know if there will be some sort of change fee.

Not sure about the UK rules, but you would have to contact whoever booked your cruise. You may be able to change to another available stateroom within the same exact catergory, but I don't know if there will be some sort of change fee.

Thanks Bob, I'll try emailing RC

Hi,

Quick question. I read on another site that interconnected rooms can sometimes mean you can hear more from the adjoining room and that these should be avoided. Has anyone had Thai problem before and would you move rooms just because of this? We booked a outside balcony guarantee on symphony and have been given one of these rooms on deck 12 and wasn’t sure if to call and change categories or go back into the guarantee pot to see if we get another room. Moving up to the next category would move us to floor 7 which is ok but I like the idea of being way up on deck 12 (never been on auch a big ship that there’s 12 floors hehe).

We’re not exactly seeking the quietest room on the ship so general noise doesn’t matter i just think the way I’d read the other site made it sound like the door would be paper thin and I’d be able to hear everything :')

In the UK you are SOL. You booked a guarantee and must accept what they assign.

Booked one cruise late and only choice for our usual JS selection was a connecting cabin. Never again.:eek::o

Family of 5 was in cabin next to us with 3 boisterous boys. They were very loud and the boys kept trying to open the connecting door. Finally had to yell through the door "We are not letting you in...so stop it!!". That at least stopped, but the noise continued.

Another thing was losing our couch to make room for the connecting door, we had a large chair instead.

I´ve had a few connecting cabins without being connected to the occupants in the other cabin. I never had a problem with noise at all. Yes, on occasion I´ve heard something from next door, but I´ve had that happen in regular rooms as well. IME it´s not nearly as bad as some make it sound on CC.

I agree with the above. We’ve had connecting cabins on our past 4 Oasis cruises and never had any noise issues from the connecting cabin.

With that said, if you are concerned, and can move, then why not do so?

M