Celebrity app

elliekate

On 12/17/2018 at 9:46 PM, Rosieo said:

Someone above said it is $7.00 per day to use the app.  So if I am understanding this correctly you don't need a wifi plan to use the app but it will cost you $7.00 per day...correct?

Deleted... wrong forum.

Edited by Bo1953

Someone has mixed up Royal Caribbean and Celebrity

The apps, and their capabilities and limitations are very similar. They are obviously being developed by the same team.

Since this is an older thread, the $7 mentioned was what Royal once charged for texting capability on Harmony of the Seas. That was for the week, and not by the day. They have since discontinued that, with the addition of the new app.

On Royal, currently the only ships with texting are Allure and Harmony on their app. Only the Edge has texting capability on the app. Both use the free internet portion. They are slowly rolling it out to other ships. If it becomes available, it will show up with the word Beta in the upper right corner.

As far as adding things from the planner to your calendar, these are available after boarding and logging in. Just swipe left to add.

Past Reviews post 184
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Mine showed up eventually. I did hit the refresh button a few times. I actually deleted the app and reloaded it one time to get more stuff to show up. By about 6-7 days prior to the cruise, a lot more info showed up ("finalized" schedules - still subject to change). I loved checking my app every few days before the cruise, to see what was new.

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The apps, and their capabilities and limitations are very similar. They are obviously being developed by the same team.

Since this is an older thread, the $7 mentioned was what Royal once charged for texting capability on Harmony of the Seas. That was for the week, and not by the day. They have since discontinued that, with the addition of the new app.

On Royal, currently the only ships with texting are Allure and Harmony on their app. Only the Edge has texting capability on the app. Both use the free internet portion. They are slowly rolling it out to other ships. If it becomes available, it will show up with the word Beta in the upper right corner.

As far as adding things from the planner to your calendar, these are available after boarding and logging in. Just swipe left to add.

Past Reviews post 184

Very helpful. Thank You 

Hi, thanks for being so much helpful. But what confuses me is that Celebrity Hotline told me yesterday that texting IS possible through the app on the equinox. I asked very accurate that I won´t have a wifi plan onboard.

Would be great if someone could help.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for being so much helpful. But what confuses me is that Celebrity Hotline told me yesterday that texting IS possible through the app on the equinox. I asked very accurate that I won´t have a wifi plan onboard.

Thanks.

Someone on Equinox now said the app doesn’t currently have texting. Depending on when your cruise is, maybe they meant that it should be available by then.

Past Reviews post 184

• 2 weeks later...

I reached out to Celebrity.  Messaging shows up in the upper right corner within the app once on board and connected to the ship's wifi.  You DO NOT have to have the internet package to use the app or messaging.  Messaging is only between passengers on the SAME ship and they must also have the app and connected to the ship's wifi.  You will need the internet/data package if you want to use texting or iMessage.  I think the messaging feature will be helpful to keep in touch with the family while on board similar to Carnival's Hub app (without the $5 per person charge!).  I see that Millennium was added to the ship's list this month after their revolution updates.  I am on the first cruise on Summit after their upgrades in a few weeks and I will be able to confirm this.  Hoping that Summit will also be added to supported ship just like Millie was.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pleezto24 said:

I reached out to Celebrity.  Messaging shows up in the upper right corner within the app once on board and connected to the ship's wifi.  You DO NOT have to have the internet package to use the app or messaging.  Messaging is only between passengers on the SAME ship and they must also have the app and connected to the ship's wifi.  You will need the internet/data package if you want to use texting or iMessage.  I think the messaging feature will be helpful to keep in touch with the family while on board similar to Carnival's Hub app (without the $5 per person charge!).  I see that Millennium was added to the ship's list this month after their revolution updates.  I am on the first cruise on Summit after their upgrades in a few weeks and I will be able to confirm this.  Hoping that Summit will also be added to supported ship just like Millie was.

Can anyone confirm if this is/isn't available yet on the Constellation?

Thanks.

On 8/22/2018 at 5:37 PM, ryansmousehouse said:

Prompted to update the celebrity App yesterday... Update was suppose to include ability to login your act. Check in.. Schedule excursions dinner reses.... NOT.... Has anyone had any success with these features..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

I had no problem.   Make sure you are using your email address not a user name.   

On 2/17/2019 at 2:09 PM, h20skibum said:

Only the Edge has texting capability on the app. Both use the free internet portion. They are slowly rolling it out to other ships. If it becomes available, it will show up with the word Beta in the upper right corner.

Past Reviews post 184

Has anyone successfully used the 'texting' function in the Celebrity App on board Edge?

We sail next month, and this would be great for family members keeping in touch while on board.

On my app, the 'beta' does appear in the top right corner...but isn't functional as we're not yet on board and connected to Celebrity Wifi. 😉

On 2/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, vtcruising said:

Mine showed up eventually. I did hit the refresh button a few times. I actually deleted the app and reloaded it one time to get more stuff to show up. By about 6-7 days prior to the cruise, a lot more info showed up ("finalized" schedules - still subject to change). I loved checking my app every few days before the cruise, to see what was new.

Just uninstalled and re-downloaded the app. We go next Monday and all the schedules are now finalised and our excursions are showing on our calendar. Thanks for this!

20 minutes ago, Laumat19 said:

Just uninstalled and re-downloaded the app. We go next Monday and all the schedules are now finalised and our excursions are showing on our calendar. Thanks for this!

You are so lucky! I am going to have a hard time waiting 343 days to board the Edge again! Enjoy your cruise and enjoy the app - it's not perfect, but it is fun to play with. 🙂

On 2/26/2019 at 11:24 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I had no problem.   Make sure you are using your email address not a user name.   

Wow, thanks for this.   I've spent the last week trying to log onto this app, with the constant message of :  "We have your information, but are unable to retrieve it right now, please try again later."

Used my email instead of user name, & voila, I'm finally logged in.  :)

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Wow, thanks for this.   I've spent the last week trying to log onto this app, with the constant message of :  "We have your information, but are unable to retrieve it right now, please try again later."

Used my email instead of user name, & voila, I'm finally logged in.  🙂

Yea.. Celebrity changed that about 6 months ago when they combined RCL and Celebrity credentials.     I'm glad it worked for you.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, pleezto24 said:

Messaging within the Celebrity app is no longer in Beta on Edge.  Looks it has also been enabled for Millennium recently.  I am hoping that it will be enabled on Summit before Monday.

I hope it gets rolled out on the Summit soon too as I sail on it in November. This will be a great feature for our group to stay in touch with. Please keep us updated on your experience with the messaging. 

On 2/18/2019 at 4:40 AM, loecki1976 said:

Thanks.

I just came off the Equinox.  Texting through the app will not be available to after the ship is dry docked

On 3/23/2019 at 9:22 AM, pleezto24 said:

They just added Summit to the app this morning with messaging!  I will be on the ship on Monday so I can’t wait. 

If you text another passenger through the app, does the recipient’s phone alert her in any way that a message has come in? I ask because HAL’s app has pax-pax messaging, but no alerts, so unless you keep checking your phone, you have no idea that someone has sent you a message.

45 minutes ago, Rjbobalou said:

Has anyone opened cabin door with the app?

Yes!  Using it now on the Summit. Works ok. You need to enable it first and then just have the app open and near the lock. No button to push. 

18 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

If you text another passenger through the app, does the recipient’s phone alert her in any way that a message has come in? I ask because HAL’s app has pax-pax messaging, but no alerts, so unless you keep checking your phone, you have no idea that someone has sent you a message.

WiFi is flaky, but if you are connected and have notifications turned on for the app, you will get the alerts. Problem for me on the Summit right now is that my WiFi disconnects a lot and I am always reconnecting it, especially when I go between decks. I do not think they have their mesh network setup fully yet to stop that. 

3 hours ago, pleezto24 said:

Yes!  Using it now on the Summit. Works ok. You need to enable it first and then just have the app open and near the lock. No button to push. 

That is a cool feature do you know if I need to have NFP turned on for it to work? Since I do not use mobile wallets I keep NFP turned off.