Pinnacle Breakfast

dag144

I was on the Volendam for 28 days starting Jan 28/18 and the service and products served in the PG at breakfast were excellent. Went back for dinner 6-7 times also and was very pleased . The staff for breakfast were junior to those at dinner but were more than capable of handling the task. PG is definitely a major perk left for Neptune suites since many former perks are now available to 4 and 5 star mariners. Smooth sailing.:)

Our Pinnacle breakfasts on Zaandam Antarctica cruise were wonderful! Usually there were no more than 3 or 4 tables where people were seated so our service from the 3 servers was excellent. Each server would check on us for refills etc. - they did not seem to have assigned tables which was fine with us because service seemed to be quicker.

With some exceptions, we have almost all cruises had wonderful breakfast service in Pinnacle. My DH found it very relaxing and enjoyed it. I found it too long and would have been fine with a quick omelette in Lido and some fruit but he got pleasure from it thus, I did, too.

Had to laugh at some of the comments because they mirrored my recent experience on the NA. Pinnacle breakfasts were excruciating. Never again.

I am very sorry to hear this! There are so few perks with a Neptune Suite, and I was really looking forward to it.

Frank,

That's great that you and Loren get good service, but it shouldn't be dependent on the staff knowing you. Anyone who books a Neptune is paying for prime real estate, and good service for an included perk should be a given.

Roz

I am very sorry to hear this! There are so few perks with a Neptune Suite, and I was really looking forward to it.

As Roz says, it is inconsistent and your experience may very well mirror Frank's. I "say" never again, but you know the old saying: never say never. Staff changes regularly and some managers are better than others. This team was definitely not one of the better ones.

Frank,

That's great that you and Loren get good service, but it shouldn't be dependent on the staff knowing you. Anyone who books a Neptune is paying for prime real estate, and good service for an included perk should be a given.

Roz

Agree Roz and the staff should know you anyways (especially on the smaller ships) in a day or two.

Service should be good across the fleet - impeccable in fact. Other than one cruise, our service has been good to excellent and the food enjoyable.

I am hoping that is the case on the P'dam as we have sea days while we cross the pond. On turnaround day, we're changing rooms so I hope the PG is worth the change ;)

Actually, I think that we have been lucky to have great PG managers on our cruises. A Manager that doesn't care about their passengers or more importantly their staff really shows in the service. I've read about a few of the less than stellar Managers and hope we never experience it.

Actually, I think that we have been lucky to have great PG managers on our cruises. A Manager that doesn't care about their passengers or more importantly their staff really shows in the service. I've read about a few of the less than stellar Managers and hope we never experience it.

I tend to agree with this theory. I believe everything flows down. HAL certainly is behind the curve when it comes to Suite benefits. This is surprising since trends on other cruise lines are quite the opposite.

I tend to agree with this theory. I believe everything flows down. HAL certainly is behind the curve when it comes to Suite benefits. This is surprising since trends on other cruise lines are quite the opposite.

Since Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam have fewer suites than the R class ships I think they aren't going after the suite market. Perhaps they are willing to give that market to Celebrity, NCL., MSC, etc. My guess is that HAL's current mindset is that those that want the extra perks can sail Seabourn. IMO not a good mindset as suite passengers will start looking at other lines.

Edited by frankc98376

Had to laugh at some of the comments because they mirrored my recent experience on the NA. Pinnacle breakfasts were excruciating. Never again.
We had a similar experience w/ the Elite Breakfast on the Celebrity Infinity. No one would wait on us, so we started to troop out. Since we were pretty deep into the long narrow room, it was quite a spectacle. We almost made it to the door, and were stopped. After that, we got much better service for the rest of the cruise. And that afternoon, we got a phone call asking us if we were satisfied.

We had a similar experience w/ the Elite Breakfast on the Celebrity Infinity. No one would wait on us, so we started to troop out. Since we were pretty deep into the long narrow room, it was quite a spectacle. We almost made it to the door, and were stopped. After that, we got much better service for the rest of the cruise. And that afternoon, we got a phone call asking us if we were satisfied.

We enjoy the Elite Breakfast on Celebrity very much.

As much as Carnival Corporation encourages the use of "best practices" across their fleets, I don't understand why a Senior V-P in Miami in charge of product delivery across the fleet does not mandate someone from Seattle spend some time on a Carnival ship that has a Steakhouse. Carnival's Steakhouses have, at least for me, provided far superior cuisine and service than any that I have received in any PG. One notable exception to this statement was my experience in the PG on the Prinsendam. Service was professional, pleasant, and efficient. Food was well prepared and properly served. And, the Manager was accommodating!

Well it seems that the Prinsendam is the place to be!

It certainly was good when we have sailed her previously. (But, a lot of things are on that ship in our experience ;) ). Hoping it is the same in May.

This upcoming cruise will mark 100 days on this ship and it's for a good reason ;)

I'm sorry. The cruse with the poor Pinnacle breakfast was the Westerdam TA, Rome to Ft. Lauderdale November, 2017. The dinners in the Pinnacle were very good as was the service. The breakfast was good as well. It was the depletion of the "basics" that was amateurish.

I passed bagels when I wnt to the Lido for a coffee refill that morning. Also I believe that the baking of basics, bread, rolls it done on board using frozen dough which comes from the company's on shore food facilities.

We were on this cruise as well. In a Signature Suite so no Pinnacle breakfast for us. However, there were bagels all over the ship for the entire sailing, so PG not having them available is strange. We had excellent service in the dining room during breakfast and lunch (not so much at dinner time, unfortunately), and enjoyed our 2 PG dinners. Can't wait to sail on Westerdam again!