Holland America web site

hbrote

Screenshots of the website;

t6_2gN

Vh5M8A

https://pix.sfly.com/Vh5M8A

https://pix.sfly.com/t6_2gN

I got this site tonight also. It appears to be a big improvement over the current site. I really enjoyed the interactive itinerary. I also noticed that prices were lower than on the current site. When I tried to login to verify prices, I was redirected to the current site's index.

Perhaps the new site will roll out soon. From my short interaction with it, I am looking forward to it.

As for wonky sites: I had tried to post this response on this site once and received an error message. Apparently when I hit Submit Reply, my response disappeared completely and it looked like I wasn't posting anything at all. Guess it went to the abyss of 1s and 0s.

I got this site tonight also. It appears to be a big improvement over the current site. I really enjoyed the interactive itinerary. I also noticed that prices were lower than on the current site. When I tried to login to verify prices, I was redirected to the current site's index.

Perhaps the new site will roll out soon. From my short interaction with it, I am looking forward to it.

As for wonky sites: I had tried to post this response on this site once and received an error message. Apparently when I hit Submit Reply, my response disappeared completely and it looked like I wasn't posting anything at all. Guess it went to the abyss of 1s and 0s.

The interactive itinerary has one downside, as long as there are no excursions listed, the port will not appear in the listing, only in the map.

HAL's site is terrible.

Every time we look -- something new is happening/changing.

HAL needs to get their act together.

KK and to all!!!!

THIS IS FIRST HAND INFORMATION.

I just got off the Maasdam yesterday from South America.

As of 2 days ago I could access through Navagation app on board HALS website to ck my account see my past cruises check up coming cruise, you know same old same thing we have had.

Went to site again and got an update to NEW SITE.

Hummmm.... looked at cruises tried to login account access denied. Tried again same thing! Went to front desk on Ship!! QUOTE WHAT THE HELL DID THE IT PEOPLE DO!!! They had know idea of the new site!

Bottom line I had to create a new password to get into the new site! They took forever to help.

Okay done BUT NOW IT SHOWS A GENERIC MY ACCOUNT AND MY BOOKINGS ONLY. Does not show any past sailings nor your Mariner status!

Thank god I had the old website saved on my phone.

Front Desk on ship said this is all new to him the manager and could not help since it was late Friday.

Denise:)

I was just on the Rotterdam with my laptop and I logged into the HAL website (which is free, you don't use your internet minutes). I got the new site a few days ago. Totally different site. When I got home, I tried http://www.hollandamerica.com and still got the new site. I am using Chrome. I went into settings and cleared my browser history and re-entered the HAL site and I got the usual old site.

The new site is "interesting" but needs a lot of work. You cannot check your Mariner status, only a list of FAQ's about the Mariner society. Also, I couldn't find a way to sign out. There is no logout button on the main page. If you drill down into your next cruise, you must sign in, and you can sign out from that, but you can't logout of the main site.

AARGH!!! I'm 10 days out and just got my room assignment so I logged in to print out my docs and/or check in. IT JUST KEEPS GIVING ME A 404 ERROR!!!! So annoying. :mad:

I also can't see my Mariner status. :(

No problem here, logged in and saw everything, current and past history.
Then you are probably still on the old site. If the header is blue-on-white like this

e5nrt3.jpg

you are on the old site.

If it is white-on-blue like this

29lcy6c.jpg

then you are on the new.

If you really are on the new and can see " current and past history" please explain how to do it. :D:D

Currently, HAL is running both the new and the old website next to each other, just to add to the confusion.

I can see both versions in Chrome and IE7.

I do not think this is a wise decision, to let both websites exist next to each other, they even managed to create price differences in the same cruise on the two different websites.

To put my opinion into all of this about the new website. No, at this time I don't care for the setup, I personally don't need the graphics that currently exist when you are searching for a cruise. I did not have any issues when checking on our upcoming cruise journeys. The cruise history was obtainable as well as some other items. I did sent Feedback to the tech staff. Having worked IT for 40 years or more, I fully understand the the New website product is still being constructed and I know when ready to go it will have all on it that we all are use to seeing. It dosn't matter which Search Engine you are using, if HAL is testing the new website that is what will be available and when not trying out the New site the soon to be Old website will be up. A suggestion that when the new site is up and you receive a 404 Error (or an error code) use the option (given) to go Home Page.

We will have a new Holland America Line page sooner or later and will get accustomed to it.

• 3 months later...

This weekend we started looking out for a new cruise.But we are having difficulties even in chrome te reach their booking and see the real prices

everytime we try we cannot enter although we have all the updates on windows 10.

we use Chrome as everybody here suggested and still we do have problems

We enter into their offers and then we can only see their offers all the others are somehow blocked.

What to do now or waiting and get a TA.

For the most part, the new website is now working for me. I haven’t found a way to view the list of ports at a glance, yet, though. Not sure if it’s because I haven’t located it or because they just don’t have it anymore. I don’t want to scroll to each port one by one then back again. I have better things to do with my time.

Hopeless ! I use an iPad and smartphone. Can't access the UK site any more on my iPad. Web-chatted and was told clear my cache and try again. Did that still doesn't work. Can sign into my account but cannot display cruises and prices. They suggested call Southampton when I said I was UK based. I did and they said they were getting lots of calls saying the same thing and I should use a laptop or PC. I asked if these issues are in for a fix they didn't know but thought it unlikely. I was made to feel it was my fault for trying to use a tablet.

I've now booked Cunard QM2 for my next trip and feel very disappointed HAL have decided not to invest in a new gen website that's better than the old one.

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it ! :(

. . . I haven’t found a way to view the list of ports at a glance, yet, though. Not sure if it’s because I haven’t located it or because they just don’t have it anymore. I don’t want to scroll to each port one by one then back again. . . .

In the Itinerary, click "List View" (Map View is the default). It should list the first couple of days, and then a "Read More" tab under those, click "Read More" and it should give you all the ports listed in a simpler format. Hope that helps! :)

For the most part, the new website is now working for me. I haven’t found a way to view the list of ports at a glance, yet, though. Not sure if it’s because I haven’t located it or because they just don’t have it anymore. I don’t want to scroll to each port one by one then back again. I have better things to do with my time.

Should be a list view in upper left. But there is still a lot of scrolling.

All those unnecessary graphics eat up bandwidth.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What a joke...we leave in 14 days to Europe and I still can't access my itinerary! The docs don't even have flights on 2 passengers but Holland America says don't worry since our website isn't correct!!

Needless to say I'm very concerned! :mad: