Upgrade Fairy

cruisejunkie

We just received an upgrade from balcony to mini suite for our Hawaii cruise March 2019. Lucky ducks.
I received one too, however I declined. I was booked in mini-suite E731 (covered balcony) and they wanted to "upgrade" me me to a mid-ship mini on Dolphin. There's no way I'd give up the huge covered balcony!

I am sailing the LA to Hawaii in February of 2019. We are a party of 3 cabins. We want to be close together. Two of us are in extended balcony cabins the 3rd in an inside across the hall. The 2 in balcony cabins received an upgrade, 1 floor up aft to center. Leaving the 3rd behind. The reservations are linked. Why would they do this?? We declined the upgrade. Fortunately we called in time to get our original room back as the email they sent said we were not guaranteed our original room. Had they moved us to a suite, I might have accepted. But they should have moved all 3 cabins not just 2. Not pleased. This is our first cruise with Princess

Wondering if the OP originally booked a guarantee or specific cabin assignment. Seems very odd to be given a free upgrade a full year in advance given Princess' propensity to offer upsells first. And how so many guarantees (if that's what the OP booked) are not being assigned until well past final payment, with or without upsell or upgrade.

Wondering if the OP originally booked a guarantee or specific cabin assignment. Seems very odd to be given a free upgrade a full year in advance given Princess' propensity to offer upsells first. And how so many guarantees (if that's what the OP booked) are not being assigned until well past final payment, with or without upsell or upgrade.

But as I mentioned above, we also received an upgrade. We booked specific cabins. We have never sailed Princess before but are seasoned cruisers with other lines so somewhat familiar with upgrades. We, both upgraded cabins, thought it was quite odd to be giving our upgrades almost a year in advance.

But as I mentioned above, we also received an upgrade. We booked specific cabins. We have never sailed Princess before but are seasoned cruisers with other lines so somewhat familiar with upgrades. We, both upgraded cabins, thought it was quite odd to be giving our upgrades almost a year in advance.

One possible explanation might be a group that is purchasing a large number of cabins and wanted them located together....so Princess needed to clear a block of cabins. We did have this happen once, but much closer to sailing date.

I am sailing the LA to Hawaii in February of 2019. We are a party of 3 cabins. We want to be close together. Two of us are in extended balcony cabins the 3rd in an inside across the hall. The 2 in balcony cabins received an upgrade, 1 floor up aft to center. Leaving the 3rd behind. The reservations are linked. Why would they do this??

Linking of bookings is for one reason only, assigning people to the same table at traditional dinner seating.

If you want to be sure your cabins remain where they are, call your TA(or Princess if your booking is directly with them) and ask to have all three bookings marked "will not accept upgrades."

One more thing, when I first received the upgrade I didnt want, I typed in Princess Deck Plan. I didnt notice that it was Coral Princess and not Emerald Princess. Based on the Coral Princess deck plan the upgrade they had given me WAS a mini suite. But on Emerald Princess just a room on the Aloha deck. Could be original comment was based on looking at the wrong deck plan like I did.