Tax Free Spree - Website Glitch?

Alegeeter

Excited to see today that NCL brought back the Tax Free Spree. However, when I go to price out my cruise, which is eligible for the promotion, it;s still only offering me OBC with taxes. Has it worked for anyone else yet?

Excited to see today that NCL brought back the Tax Free Spree. However, when I go to price out my cruise, which is eligible for the promotion, it;s still only offering me OBC with taxes. Has it worked for anyone else yet?

I think you pay the tax and then they refund you the amount (?)

I think you pay the tax and then they refund you the amount (?)

I experienced it also it says pricing error.

Last fall I used this perk and it worked without doing a refund amount.

Looks like I either wait for the site to get fixed or call. This gets me close to a $500 savings. Upgrade

I checked out a few of the cruises marked Tax Free and when you look at the pricing breakdown there is no tax or port fees being charged. The ones I looked at didn't have OBC.

What type of room are you looking at? It has to be oceanview or better and does not include OX, BX, or MX.

I would not even bother right now I was on the phone for 45 min and they will not honor the promotion until the web site gets fixed they are being flooded with calls.

Thanks for the info. Just called my travel agent and re booked my cruise for next January using this promo and saved $250. I lost $150 in OBC, but still a net change of $100.

I would much rather pay less up front and have less OBC.

I would not even bother right now I was on the phone for 45 min and they will not honor the promotion until the web site gets fixed they are being flooded with calls.

Thanks for that info. I'll wait a little until it's all sorted out.

It appears not for all ships/sailings

If you go to the NCL booking website and select Specials , Then select Tax Free , you will see only the sailings to which it applies based on your other Selections (Date, Length , Itinerary , Port, etc.)

The tax's are excluded from the Total Price if your sailing is included in this Sale.

I understand the terms and conditions. I am not booking a Sailaway Category and the sailing I am interested in is eligible for the promotion (evidenced by the blue icon with orange star which indicates Tax Free). Please trust that I covered all my bases before coming to Cruise Critic to ask if others were experiencing the same issue.

Yulp, concur with other poster's findings - they jacked up the prices and listed "qualifying" sailings for the tax free "promo" - basically, flattening out the sub-category prices within the tiers (OV & Balconies, etc.)

Not getting an accurate price on the mock bookings that I tried - not in a hurry or to listen to "music on hold" for 45 minutes to 1 hour + just to ask. Even if I manually remove the port taxes & charges, etc. - not seeing any true discounts or savings vis-a-vis prices last week or even yesterday or Sunday.

Let the buyers beware, as always - we still have CruiseNext certificates within the extended family's "resource pool" to share and apply to hold them, if we wish to do it.

I've noticed they jacked up SOME of the prices to make up for the tax/fees loss. As usual not really a sale.

I check on a daily basis for price drops so I know for sure they raised some of the prices.

They sure did! I noticed my Nov. 26 12 nt. S. Caribbean is in the tax fee promo. I booked a BB balcony thru my TA for 1164.30 pp. with taxes of $452 total. Not sure what my TA price would be to rebook, but NCL wants $1469, so there is $600 total difference right there. I would also lose $200 OBC from NCL. Just not worth it.

I think is for certain cruises. I was looking at the 19 day transatlantic on the Getaway next year and the tax free option is not available for that one, the promotion is just for certain cruises, i hope i am wrong and it is a glitch.:rolleyes:

I think is for certain cruises. I was looking at the 19 day transatlantic on the Getaway next year and the tax free option is not available for that one, the promotion is just for certain cruises, i hope i am wrong and it is a glitch.:rolleyes:

That sailing is not included, see this page for the list:

http://partners.ncl.com/destroot/norwegian/files/download/pieces/50611/terms/TAXDAY.html

Thanks for the info. Just called my travel agent and re booked my cruise for next January using this promo and saved $250. I lost $150 in OBC, but still a net change of $100.

I would much rather pay less up front and have less OBC.

Same here...gave up $140 OBC and still saved $250...

I booked a Jan 2020 Encore sailing when they 1st came out. The price of our infinity balcony cabin did not change with the Tax free sale so we just saved $325 on the cabin. I assumed the Encore would not be included or the price would be adjusted upward. Thanks NCL:D