What length of cruise do like to do ?

Love 3, 4 and 5 nighters. Just wish we could get someplace in the short period. We almost never cruise for less than 14 nights at a time and frequently make the cruise last 30 or more days with the B2B2B... process.

I guess that means we love all lengths of cruises.

I love cruises that are around 10-24 days, but no longer. I probably might try a longer cruise, money aside, but my DH would probably not do that. For our 50th next year he is, for me, doing a 24 day, TA cruise. But that will probably be the longest cruise I could get him on.

Pooh

10 days is about right. Been on 15 days a couple times. Felt that was too long for me, but then again have lots of commitments at home (work and family). Maybe when I retire we will start going on longer trips, but for now the cruises we have enjoyed the most are the 10 days cruises out of Vancouver down the California coast. No plane trips and the perfect, relaxing time away.

Hi All,

Just wondering what length of cruise do you prefer ?

For us it's round 14 days, would loved to go longer but have family commitments.

Also would do a 3 or 4 day cruise ?

Yes 75 day pacific circle cruise is on the bucket list:D.

Cheers Don

My preferences - nothing shorter than 7 nights.... haven't really reached a maximum number yet (longest to date - 24 nights)

Yes, I've done 4 night cruises (not 3 nights, though). Only because we wanted a weekend away once, and once I wanted to cruise an a specific ship that only dones 3 & 4 night cruises.

Hi All,

For us it's round 14 days, would loved to go longer but have family commitments.

Also would do a 3 or 4 day cruise ?

Yes 75 day pacific circle cruise is on the bucket list:D.

Cheers Don

I don’t, and will never take 3-4 day cruises. (n)

I like taking 25-30 day cruises. (y) For me, that’s enough time to get relaxed. Enjoy the cruise, ocean, and shore excursions. Although 14 day cruises is the usual norm. :)

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I love a 10 day. 7 days just feels a little too short. We haven't done anything longer than a 10 day but I'm sure I could cope with it! We like to cruise on megaships (except not for our upcoming Princess one, obviously) so 7 days feels like to little to experience everything on board.

We have a 5 day and a 3 day this year so we'll see how that goes. The 3 day we plan to stay on board one of the port days, as we booked it mainly to experience the refurbished Independence of the Seas.

First cruise I booked was 53 nights( in 2011) a few months later booked a 2 nighter to take before the big one to make sure I would actually like cruising! Turns out I did , and since then they have ranged from 3 nights up to 19 nights. I prefer the ones with more than 10 nights but even the short ones I’ve relaxed on as well.

Like most folks I’d rather be cruising than not !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Won't do anything less than 14 nights, as that's where military and shareholder benefits max out. ;)

Last year I did a 40 night B2B2B that was just a little too much... so will look for 14 to 30. :D

Been cruising since 1982 and never cruised for less than 7 days. Being in the Midwest, I don't cruise for less than 14 days and has to be one cruise, not combined 7 day cruises, as I don't go to the Caribbean. Those cruises were fine years ago, but crowds, number of ships in port, not fun anymore.

10 days minimum, 7 days seems way too short. Now would not even consider 7 unless sailing out of home port (SF) and didn't need to fly anywhere. 15 days about right but have done several longer

Am willing to do a world cruise as an experiment if someone wants to pay for me?

We generally look at cruises of 28+ days and are very happy with 60-70. The one exception is in the Caribbean where we still like to cruise once a year (between Thanksgiving and Christmas) for 14-21 days.

Hank

My first cruise was a 4 day Baja cruise on the old Viking Seranade. Just when we started to get the feel of a cruise, it was over.:( It's not for me.

We like 10 and 15 day cruises best. We also like the shareholder benefit rate at 14 days too!

Not sure that I'd like more than 15 days though. I get a little antsy at the end..

My preference is for 28 day cruises; either one cruise or a combination of back to back shorter cruises.

Since we have to fly to the embarkation ports, we don't want the expense and hassle of air travel for a short cruise. Since the post office says they will only allow a 30 day vacation hold on our mail, we haven't done any cruise longer than 28 days. A 14 day cruise would be the minimum we would prefer for the reason of the military and shareholder benefits but will take a shorter cruise if it is tied to a land tour like some of the Alaskan and New England/Canada cruise tours.

Like others, there is a 10-15 day window for us. Having to fly to port, it is just not worth it to do short cruises unless B2B. Work schedules pose a problem with longer cruises. Once we are both fully retired longer cruises can happen. Hopefully soon:cool::cool: :cool:clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

49 nights is our longest and we loved it. We have a 48 night starting next month and 49 starting next February

Our longest so far was 23 days to Norway,Iceland and TA to Brooklyn. We are booked for 49 days next February also.

Perhaps we are on the same cruise that leaves Feb 2,2019? Retired now and excited. Only 301 more days:)

Longer is better!

Howard

we've done 3,4,5,7 & 10

the 10 day southern Caribbean was our favorite, the 10 day Panama - not so much

so far, we've only flown once - to Alaska - which was 7 days since we didn't add land.

That was our first 'big' cruise - and now looking back, I don't think we would fly anywhere for less than 10+ days

5 day used to work good for us as we could drive to the port the day of, but maybe no longer on Princess and they don't seem to be offering them at this time out of PE

At least 10 days. Our first cruise was 10 days and it hooked me. Most recent was 14 days and longest (absolutely loved it!) was 28 days - Hawaii/South Pacific. We did a couple of 4 day cruises when I was working as that was all we could fit in and a 7 day but that was a southbound after a 6 day Alaska land tour. The next cruises we have booked are way too far out (late 2019) and are 12 days followed by 14 days. We definitely need to book something before that and are considering B2B California Coastal and Mexico cruises.

We've been cruising for 11 years and generally like 9-14 days, (albeit a 7 day Cunard crossing is always preferable to flying !).

Longest cruise to date has been 23 days b2b with RCL - Aus/NZ/Vanuatu etc., over Christmas & New Years 2010. The 14 day Aus/NZ was great, but the second 9 day leg was completely different & overrun by children. Lesson learned - don't cruise in school holidays !

Have now taken the plunge & booked 47 days by way of b2b on Sapphire Princess next Feb/March, from Singapore to Bali/Malaysia & then from Singapore to Southampton. We're just a little daunted, but looking forward to it !