How is Luminae for Suite / Non-Suite Connecting rooms handled?

GottaRequalify

Looking at doing a cruise on the Millennium. The Royal Suite (6137 & 6138) connects to Concierge Class Rooms (6135 & 6136).

If we book both together, how are the suite benefits handled for the non suites guests (our children aged 18 & 16).

I know non suite guests have to pay to eat in Luminae, but is this a problem for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner? Would we have to do reservations for each meal? What about if we wanted to eat in Blu would the Concierge Room guests be able to do that?

Any other problems that people see by having two in our party in a suite and two not in a suite? Michael's Club issues?

Looking at doing a cruise on the Millennium. The Royal Suite (6137 & 6138) connects to Concierge Class Rooms (6135 & 6136).

If we book both together, how are the suite benefits handled for the non suites guests (our children aged 18 & 16).

I know non suite guests have to pay to eat in Luminae, but is this a problem for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner? Would we have to do reservations for each meal? What about if we wanted to eat in Blu would the Concierge Room guests be able to do that?

Any other problems that people see by having two in our party in a suite and two not in a suite? Michael's Club issues?

The concierge cabin will not be able to dine in Luminae except for a fee. You will have to let them know in advance. Blu they will not be able to dine in. Michaels Club maybe. It all depends on who the host is on your sailing.

If I were you, I would book 2 Sky Suite cabins if you are going to splurge on a Royal Suite. This way you can all dine together and go to Michaels Club. You will be able to sit together in the Theater on Chic Nights for the preferred seating as well.

The concierge cabin will not be able to dine in Luminae except for a fee. You will have to let them know in advance. Blu they will not be able to dine in. Michaels Club maybe. It all depends on who the host is on your sailing.

If I were you, I would book 2 Sky Suite cabins if you are going to splurge on a Royal Suite. This way you can all dine together and go to Michaels Club. You will be able to sit together in the Theater on Chic Nights for the preferred seating as well.

Great advice! Love it!

Sorry, but you don’t know that for sure. Mum and dad are in a Royal Suite, teenage children are in the Concierge cabin next door. The teenagers may be able to dine in Luminae with mum and dad without a fee. They’ll probably be able to get into Michael's if they want to. Fortunately there is still some autonomy and common sense on the ships.

I certainly wouldn’t go messing around with my reservation and giving up a Royal Suite and going to a Sky Suite and giving the kids an equivalent cabin. Doesn’t make sense to me. Instead I’d be asking the question nicely of the MCC when you board.

Just my opinion.

Phil

The problem is that only children 12 and under can eat free in Luminae if they aren’t in a suite. Also if you are in a Royal Suite you have unlimited speciality dining. Why don’t you move the children into the Royal Suite? There would be room. My husband and I had my daughter and grandson in a Celebrity Suite and my daughter in a Royal Suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If the young adults are reasonably “adult”, why not get them a close by Sky Suite. That way you won’t be paying extra for Luminae and you won’t have to beg to get them into Michaels Club. On most sailing, they will also get a beverage package and other perks. They still won’t get unlimited Specialty Dining as that only comes with the RS, SS, Penthouse or Reflection Suite

So what if I am just friends with the people in the connecting Concierge room? Should they get into Luminae and Michaels also? Or what if they are my niece and nephew instead of my children? Does that make a difference? Should that make a difference? On my upcoming cruise I have the CC room right next to a suite. If I am paying the same $$ for the CC cabin as the people are for their kids why should they get the perks and I don't? Because they're related and I'm not?

If I buddy up to those folks can I follow them into these venues?

How far do we stretch the perks??

I'm sorry, but it is just not fair for people in connecting cabins to get the same perks as those paying for the suites regardless of whether they are your children, your friends, or your relatives. I don't think the fact that the cabins are connecting is relevant at all. My opinion.

I have no experience here, and don't disagree with any of the "unlikely to no" answers, but why on earth would they have a Concierge Class room connecting to a Royal Suite other than to allow family to stay adjacent and share benefits on the same reservation? If not, why the connecting door? (Unless it's been there long before the current suite program. But it still seems bizarre.)

So what if I am just friends with the people in the connecting Concierge room? Should they get into Luminae and Michaels also? Or what if they are my niece and nephew instead of my children? Does that make a difference? Should that make a difference? On my upcoming cruise I have the CC room right next to a suite. If I am paying the same $$ for the CC cabin as the people are for their kids why should they get the perks and I don't? Because they're related and I'm not?

I'm sorry, but it is just not fair for people in connecting cabins to get the same perks as those paying for the suites regardless of whether they are your children, your friends, or your relatives. I don't think the fact that the cabins are connecting is relevant at all. My opinion.

100% agree with this.

I do not recall where I read it, but recently I saw a comment on a cruise line site. When they were describing a high end suite, they stated that you could make it a two bedroom suite by booking the adjacent cabin. I would assume the two bedroom suite would include all the benefits.

Since four people can book in a Royal Suite and receive all the same benefits, an adjacent booking would be a win-win. Celebrity would make more money and the family would be more comfortable while paying more for the privilege.

I believe Celebrity does this sometimes, but I do not know how they handle the benefits.

I know non suite guests have to pay to eat in Luminae, but is this a problem for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner?

Thanks for all the replies. As stated in my original post, I know a standard Concierge class room has to pay to eat in Luminae, I was never against this option. I worked out that the Dining Package per person was US$336 for the cruise, so would be willing to pay that to get them to eat with us where ever we go.

Looking at all the additional costs per person:

Internet US$199

Standard Beverage Package - US$364

Dining - $336

Even if we get standard Beverage Package as our benefit and paid for internet, we never said we didn't want to pay to go to Luminae, just how easily would it be handled.

According to this thread (https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2621738) the cost is $30, $20 & $10 for Dinner, Lunch & Breakfast

I have no experience here, and don't disagree with any of the "unlikely to no" answers, but why on earth would they have a Concierge Class room connecting to a Royal Suite other than to allow family to stay adjacent and share benefits on the same reservation? If not, why the connecting door? (Unless it's been there long before the current suite program. But it still seems bizarre.)

I agree with you - I don't understand why the rooms are connecting and then you get this problem arising. All I can think of is that the Milli is an old ship, built well before Luminae and the other benefits came about.

I do not recall where I read it, but recently I saw a comment on a cruise line site. When they were describing a high end suite, they stated that you could make it a two bedroom suite by booking the adjacent cabin. I would assume the two bedroom suite would include all the benefits.

This is a great Idea, I will give them a call and ask the question if they can make a two bedroom Royal Suite.

I am talking about 4 people on the same reservation, with the connecting door open. With a single account setup to take charges from both rooms.

Not someone I just met in the corridor and asked if I could be their buddy!

I also never said that with the price difference between a CC room and a suite that the benefits wouldn't be paid for, just how easy is it going to be?

The only additional benefits I am looking for advice on are the zero cost ones, such as getting into Luminae together (but paying for eating), being seated together by the butler on the formal nights and getting into Michael's Lounge.

I agree with you - I don't understand why the rooms are connecting and then you get this problem arising. All I can think of is that the Milli is an old ship, built well before Luminae and the other benefits came about.

Every M and S class ship in the fleet were built before Luminae was added.

In fact the M class ships were built in 2000 - 2004 !!!

The suite benefits have grown substantially since the ships were built.

A friend of mine used to sail in the PH on the Millennium and had to pay for Diet Coke !!!

Was refraining from commenting, hoping someone with firsthand experience could answer OP’s question, but since that hasn’t yet happened will give my educated guess. I would be shocked if Celebrity did not readily accommodate the OP’s children dining with them in Luminae. Celebrity strives to please suite guests, especially top suites, and what the OP is desiring is 100% reasonable. Should be a simple solution that takes no more than a few minutes conversation with the Michael’s concierge to work out after boarding.

The problem is that only children 12 and under can eat free in Luminae if they aren’t in a suite. Also if you are in a Royal Suite you have unlimited speciality dining. Why don’t you move the children into the Royal Suite? There would be room. My husband and I had my daughter and grandson in a Celebrity Suite and my daughter in a Royal Suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two bathrooms!

I am not and will never put my 6+foot son and daughter into the same fold out sofa.

Did I mention the two bathrooms, so my teenage daughter can spend time getting ready. Do you know how long it takes for teenage daughters to look natural? And while it might be different in 18 months time, at the moment, there is no way we would put the two of them in the same room without an Umpire near by, Siblings fight.

Most important - two bathrooms

Just in case it didn’t occur to you, if you get two cabins, you’ll have two bathrooms! [emoji23]

Two bathrooms!

I am not and will never put my 6+foot son and daughter into the same fold out sofa.

Did I mention the two bathrooms, so my teenage daughter can spend time getting ready. Do you know how long it takes for teenage daughters to look natural? And while it might be different in 18 months time, at the moment, there is no way we would put the two of them in the same room without an Umpire near by, Siblings fight.

Most important - two bathrooms

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with Gonzo70. I believe this will be a non-issue on the ship.

We have been in Luminae where there were families with 2-3 teenage children dining with their parents. I have no Idea if they were all in the same cabin, 2 suites or a suite and a non-Suite. I suspect no one else in Luminae knew or cared. Talk to the MCC or Suite Manager when you board and I’m sure thst something can be worked out.

If the young adults are reasonably “adult”, why not get them a close by Sky Suite. That way you won’t be paying extra for Luminae and you won’t have to beg to get them into Michaels Club. On most sailing, they will also get a beverage package and other perks. They still won’t get unlimited Specialty Dining as that only comes with the RS, SS, Penthouse or Reflection Suite

The cost difference between 4 of us in the Penthouse Suite and booking a Royal suite + CC room is very small. By the time you add 2 internet packages and dining, it may even be more expensive to get two rooms vs the Penthouse. The problem is my wife doesn't see the benefit of paying all that money for a Penthouse and someone has to sleep on a roll-a-way for two weeks. The Penthouse + connecting Sky Suite is just a little too much for us.

Plus there is a small chance that the 18 year old may decide not to cruise with the family. She would have just finished her first year at University / College, so may want to earn money, spend time with friends, rather than do an all expenses paid trip to Asia for two weeks. So then we are left with a 16 year old in a room by himself, which if isn't connecting will be empty as he spends all his time with us.

The cost difference between 4 of us in the Penthouse Suite and booking a Royal suite + CC room is very small. By the time you add 2 internet packages and dining, it may even be more expensive to get two rooms vs the Penthouse. The problem is my wife doesn't see the benefit of paying all that money for a Penthouse and someone has to sleep on a roll-a-way for two weeks. The Penthouse + connecting Sky Suite is just a little too much for us.

Plus there is a small chance that the 18 year old may decide not to cruise with the family. She would have just finished her first year at University / College, so may want to earn money, spend time with friends, rather than do an all expenses paid trip to Asia for two weeks. So then we are left with a 16 year old in a room by himself, which if isn't connecting will be empty as he spends all his time with us.

We did a 15 day cruise on the Infinity in a Penthouse Suite. There were 3 of us and my 48 yr old brother slept on the pull out couch. They brough in a rollaway but he preferred the sofa sleeper. If it is within your budget, I would definitely splurge for the Penthouse. I doubt you would regret it. The suite has 2 bathrooms as well as the jacuzzi on the fantastic balcony. You also will have a butlers pantry with a microwave and fullsize stocked fridge. All concerns about dining and Michaels club are resolved and you will enjoy the pampering the top suite provides.

I hav:pe been in the penthouse and other suites and have paid a weekly fee for my mom in a regular cabin to join me in Luminae. It's very reasonable, covers all meals, but no refunds when we eat in specialty restaurants.

This is a great Idea, I will give them a call and ask the question if they can make a two bedroom Royal Suite.

I rang them, and while super helpful, gave the same general advice as here.

They don't / won't call the two rooms one suite. Once booked, they would e-mail the ship to get permission for the guests sleeping in the CC room to eat in Luminae with the Royal Suite guests, she didn't think they would refuse, but said no guarantee. If the answer came back No, because Celebrity still have refundable deposits, I could cancel the booking up to 151 days before the cruise with no loss.

I worked out that if we ate Breakfast and Lunch each day in Luminae ($30 * 14 * 2) + Unlimited Internet ($199 * 2) + A meal in a speciality Restaurant for 7 nights ($40 * 7 * 2) and Luminae for every other night ($30 * 7 * 2) the Royal Suite + CC Room is $60 more expensive than just getting the Penthouse, and not worry about where we are eating.