Water no longer available for pre-purchase!!

FLCruise7

Naw, I think the "can I catch my 6:30 an flight" still beats it

I forgot about that one. I really think the best one of all time will be “Do You Have To Dress Up” in the Dining Room...:D:D:D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

I wonder if they are trying to discourage buying bottled water for the environmental impact. It's easy to bring a reusable bottle and use the ship water which is perfectly safe and tastes just fine.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

That’s what I do, though last time travelling with my grandma who has mobility issues, it does become quite an inconvenience to have to make your way up to the buffet for water all the time (though my folks also wanted hot water in their thermal bottle so we’d have had to do that even with a bottled water package). After a while I just told my folks to stay put while I did all the water runs (running up the stairs is much quicker than waiting for the lift), but for some who don’t have more mobile people helping them out it could be rather inconvenient.

I'm going on my first cruise in July. This may seem like a silly question, but why the need to purchase bottled water? Is tap water bad tasting, or worse?

As others have said the convenience of bottled water is for excursions but I also like to have it when I work out. It's much easier to grab a pre-chilled bottled water than to go to the buffet, fill up my water bottle with ice and water, and head to the gym (but if I really were a fitness buff, I'd realize that is extra exercise and embrace it!)

Glad I bought my water last Sat. It was still $6.90.

Maybe Princess should come up with reasonable pricing at the max people are willing to pay before they say no. We never use all 12 bottle. I certainly wouldn't pay $23 for a 12 pack. But I might pay $10 for a 6 pack but I can't see going over that. It's all about how much I'm willing to pay to not have to drag it on the ship myself. Seems like they should have some focus groups or marketing research or something like that.

Bummer...I should have bought the bottled package after the last time it was removed and then reinstated. All the cut backs and money grabbing has really annoyed me. Must need money to fund Ocean Medallion.

We’ll be bringing our own cases of water on board now. Have never done that before. I think I read on this board that you can just put a luggage tag on it and it would be delivered like luggage?

Other good ideas.

Pay toilets - $ 3

Pay TP - $ 7.50 +tip per roll

MUTS - $5. $ 8 gets you popcorn

Shopping show $ 9. Entry - this is a good idea

Buffet Coffee - they give you 50 cents, if you drink it.

OMG - love the buffet coffee cost. I'd say $1 would be reasonable!:)

They have taken it off the choices and are "working on a new package" to take its place.

Checking my June cruise, they’ve quickly added a “new package”...the same 12 pack of 500 ml bottles with a price increase from $6.90 to $23.46!!! :mad:

Bottled Water Package $23.46 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

As promised, a new package!

They did not say a new package would be be better for passengers than the old one.

As promised, a new package!

They did not say a new package would be be better for passengers than the old one.

True and it’s amazing how quickly they can add a new package when more than tripling the price.

It’s been a couple of months since canceling BOGO$1 happy hours & we’re still waiting for the replacement they said they’re creating.

After the last ' disappearing bottled water' thread, tried to book water package for our Australia 2019 cruise...wasn't in Personaliser! Was helped out on a thread here..Water package not available for Cruises out of Australia.

So convenient at original price...

Just checked my personalizer and see my water packages I purchased for upcoming cruise are still there saying paid.

Will buy mine in port in the future!

Can still order more of the same but says:

Bottled Water Package CA$29.33 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

For pre-purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer

Item-0526 Form

about a month ago, when I first saw a "water package disappeared" thread, I went in and bought 2 -12 packs as soon as it came back. Unbelievable that the price has now almost quadrupled!!!

so, glad I have the water for our upcoming cruise, but sorry to see this option basically go away.....

Checking my June cruise, they’ve quickly added a “new package”...the same 12 pack of 500 ml bottles with a price increase from $6.90 to $23.46!!! :mad:

Bottled Water Package $23.46 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

There used to be a lots of posts here about what a bargain a cruise was, compared to a land vacation.

Princess seems intent on making this no longer true.

Well done, Princess!

Someone started a thread about theft on Princess - it should have included the HUGE increase in the cost of water!

I was taken back with the previous water fiasco, and once it re-appeared after the computer glitch [upgrade to the web site as I was told] I ordered water for our upcoming British Isles cruise at the $6.90 price. Princess is certainly watering down the quality of their product and in the end, it will be their loss. Whoever makes these decisions has no ability to meet the basic needs its cruise clients.

I hope the water is in the cabin next week, if not, I'll post a rant or two, and then head to guest relations to ruin a few peoples day. The cruise contract says it's OK to change itinerary, but not eliminate my water purchase!

Everything is about revenue, but this price increase is beyond reason, too.

Darcy