Water no longer available for pre-purchase!!

FLCruise7

WOW double WOW...

$23.50 for a 12 pack. Glad I got it when I did. Looks like its back to stopping at a 7-11 for a 24 pack for $4.99. Did that for years and put a luggage tag on it.

framer

I agree! Just saw the new price - wow! They will ruin sales and make more work for themselves delivering cases of water with luggage tags!

I would say FB, calls and emails.

That no longer seems to matter. They could care less about our views on the changes and increase in the beverage package. They could care less when those of us were upset that we purchased one plan and they gave us another. I voiced this more than once on FB and they ignored it.

They also didn't care about the BOGO.

I think we are fighting a losing battle!!!

I don’t imagine the executives responsible for unwanted personal experiences like ***** are taking a substantial decrease in salary. Increasing the charge for water 4 or 5 times instead. Look for many other increases in small but important items. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That no longer seems to matter. They could care less about our views on the changes and increase in the beverage package. They could care less when those of us were upset that we purchased one plan and they gave us another. I voiced this more than once on FB and they ignored it.

They also didn't care about the BOGO.

I think we are fighting a losing battle!!!

You are right. They are probably buying that water at $1-$2 for the pack and now selling it for $23. I buy 40 packs for $3.50 here. On some itineraries it is easy to buy water and bring it onboard. On my next cruise - I will have to see how easy it is to buy water in London and hull it back to my hotel and then to the Princess transfer.

I don't drink alcohol, coffee or tea. Sometimes a soft drink but rarely. So water is my drink of choice. I drink water in the dining room that they serve but on tours, I do want to bring a couple of bottles of water.

I wish new cruisers understood how good Princess was at one time. They had an opportunity to take the high road or low road and they went with the low road.

My guess for this appalling increase: Princess beancounters decided they were losing revenue with these 12 packs. Fewer people buying single bottles at approx $2 ea and more buying 12 packs ... may as well up the pack price to be closer to single bottlle prices.

Greed and more greed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I used to drink water out of the tap and asked a variety of people if it was safe. All said yes. But while coming down the Amazon about 5 years ago on the Pacific Princess the water turned brown and then to mud. I asked the hotel manager if he would drink that and he said “probably not”. That is when I started drinking the bottled water.

Do not despair of change. Carnival is a publicly traded company and many of us are stockholders. Princess is owned by Carnival. If enough dissatisfaction expressed management will be changed or they will change decisions: The advantages of capitalism. It really doesn’t take much to change the management team. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. The reasonable ($6.90) water package was one thing we really liked about Princess. Really a money grab and will make us rethink cruising with them. I know it is silly, and I can bring our own water--I don't mind refilling bottles-- it's just the priciple of the thing.

We do enjoy many other cruise lines, so one of the reasons why we cruise Princess is now gone, if this change is not just some kind of glitch.

Wow. The reasonable ($6.90) water package was one thing we really liked about Princess. Really a money grab and will make us rethink cruising with them. I know it is silly, and I can bring our own water--I don't mind refilling bottles-- it's just the priciple of the thing.

While one thing may be silly, everyone has a tipping point that is reached when

enough silly things pile up.

Here are the email addresses to email if you are not happy with this.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

jswartz@princesscruises.com

If you are a stock holder, I encourage you to also include that information in your email.

Yes, as a stock holder I am appalled by this latest ill conceived idea at Princess and have sent email to both addresses expressing my horror and disgust at the price gouging tactic.

I did order water for our upcoming British Isles cruise, at the old $6.90 price, but will never order any for future cruises at the inflated prices. Ultimately it will be Princess' loss both in revenue and reputation.

What next? Insert your cruise card in a slot to use the toilet at $2./flush?

Darcy

Other good ideas.

Pay toilets - $ 3

Pay TP - $ 7.50 +tip per roll

MUTS - $5. $ 8 gets you popcorn

Shopping show $ 9. Entry - this is a good idea

Buffet Coffee - they give you 50 cents, if you drink it.

I asked last night if they would start charging "per the flush" and then I thought...Geezzz, shouldn't be giving them any ideas... :D

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do the "per the flush" charge - think of the problems if people start "saving up" before flushing!! LOL

Indeed. However, I was pretty certain that they wouldn't raise their price for bottled water from $6.90 for a 12 pack to $23.46 for a 12 pack. Surprise!! :D

I can't help but wonder what happens next..........Stay tuned! :cool:

It’s not just *****; remember, Princess has the ‘magic pipe’ fine to pay too. There have been some stunning examples of poor management lately. But as egregious as the water price increase is, it pales in comparison to some of the revenue enhancing tactics Princess could use. At least we’re still stacking OBCs. The outcry if that practice ended would be deafening.

While NCL doesn't allow any beverages to be brought onboard, they offer lots of free perks for Oceanview and above. I always get the free beverage package for just the taxes and gratuity. On my last NCL 10 day cruise I paid $182.00 CAD for it. On this one the Beverage Package is $86 per person PER DAY! I pick my cruises for the itinerary and this is my first on Princess, I sure hope it's worth it.

It’s not just *****; remember, Princess has the ‘magic pipe’ fine to pay too. There have been some stunning examples of poor management lately. But as egregious as the water price increase is, it pales in comparison to some of the revenue enhancing tactics Princess could use. At least we’re still stacking OBCs. The outcry if that practice ended would be deafening.

Don't give them any ideas!!

You more than anyone must notice all the changes. Wonder how it will be when you start next winter's sailings.

My guess for this appalling increase: Princess beancounters decided they were losing revenue with these 12 packs. Fewer people buying single bottles at approx $2 ea and more buying 12 packs ... may as well up the pack price to be closer to single bottlle prices.

Greed and more greed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Probably, but why jack up the price to be three times what it used to cost? I can see an increase but not as high as what they did all at once.