Escape pizza

markrph

Another poster said it's thin and chewy and the cheese tastes fake. This is VERY accurate. Especially the pizza that is just sitting out at the buffet. I thought it looked like good pizza, but the taste was so far off I was surprised it was as bad as it was. If they will make you a fresh pizza, it might be pretty decent, but I can't speak to that. I'd also agree that Carnival kills it with the pizza. It's awesome. Carnival is the best when it comes to that type of food, though. Royal's is pretty subpar just like NCL.

And there we see why asking for food opinions on Cruise Critic is pointless.

So far, we have learned that NCL pizza is horrible, barely edible and at the same time pretty good and the absolute best pizza you can get on a cruise ship. :)

I quite like it, for what it’s worth. I’ve tasted far better and far worse.

It is the absolute best pizza you can get on a cruise ship.

Absolutely not.

Better than Carnival (but the bar isn't set very high), but vastly inferior to Princess.

And there we see why asking for food opinions on Cruise Critic is pointless.

So far, we have learned that NCL pizza is horrible, barely edible and at the same time pretty good and the absolute best pizza you can get on a cruise ship. :)

I quite like it, for what it’s worth. I’ve tasted far better and far worse.

Fair enough, Tony’s frozen pizza is worse... :)

I know food is very subjective.. but I just gotta say.. Anyone that thinks NCL offers "Good" pizza must not have ever had NYC pizza before.

My thoughts too, and I live in the South....

I thought it was OK on the Escape but not “good”. The Getaway pizza was awful though. You think it would be the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL does most food very consistently across the fleet but pizza isn't one of them. We've had great pizza on the Star that was almost like wood fired. Next time we were on the Star a few years later it was completely different. Spirit pizza on-board not very good but on GSC was decent enough.

Gem not too inspiring in buffet but room service not bad. They don't seem to have sausage pizza ever though.

POA in buffet was very good - fresh out of oven right by serving counter.

Princess really is the gold standard for pizza at sea. NCL. Celebrity, HAL, Cunard verge on the inedible. All of them though

are better than Royal Caribbean which is worthy of nothing less than a shower of bottles!