What broadway play?

George C

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

And now for the kicker...........our itinerary is changing and we will be back in NY a full day early........(due to weather)

So.....I get to see another Broadway show on Saturday night!.......going to see "Come From Away"..........

Sorry you are losing a day of your cruise, but “Come from Away” is just fabulous.

What weather is impacting your cruise? 

On April 15, 2019 at 5:32 PM, markeb said:

Ours were rear mezzanine. $199 each plus fees. A year ago...

The one challenge with Hamilton, at least in NYC, is that it seems most of the seats are premium seats, so you can easily get up to $600+ per ticket; we elected not to do that...

My daughter who is a teacher went to a matinee two weeks ago with her class.Tickets were $10 each for mezzanine seats.

She previously saw the show 3 times. She went to high school with the first actor who portrayed Hamilton when the show opened.

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My daughter who is a teacher went to a matinee two weeks ago with her class.Tickets were $10 each for mezzanine seats.

She previously saw the show 3 times. She went to high school with the first actor who portrayed Hamilton when the show opened.

I think I read they set some number of tickets aside for school groups. Very cool. 

The original Hamilton was Lin-Manuel Miranda, the playwright, Pulitzer, Tony, Grammy, and Emmy award winner. (If he can get an Oscar, he’ll one-up the EGOT). Nice guy to have as a classmate!

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Agree completely! And very original. 

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Agree completely! And very original. 

I had a very good friend who died on 911 and only for a quirk of fate I was not in the World Trade Center with him on that day.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

And not just the actor of course, but as markeb said above,  Lin Manuel-Miranda is also the genius who created Hamilton and wrote the music and lyrics.  And if your daughter went to Hunter, she's no slouch in the brains department either.  :classic_smile:

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks, I am at Sea right now but wanted to say I saw BEAUTIFUL on April 9th before my cruise.......FANTASTIC😃

And now for the kicker...........our itinerary is changing and we will be back in NY a full day early........(due to weather)

So.....I get to see another Broadway show on Saturday night!.......going to see "Come From Away"..........

George.......we are arriving in NYC at 3:00pm........so I should make that 8:00 show with plenty of time😃!!!!

You will love Come From Away! There is no intermission. 

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks, I am at Sea right now but wanted to say I saw BEAUTIFUL on April 9th before my cruise.......FANTASTIC😃

George.......we are arriving in NYC at 3:00pm........so I should make that 8:00 show with plenty of time😃!!!!

Lois! 

I’ve been looking for you. Did you get an email from me? My email has been acting crazy lately and can’t tell if something was sent.😡

12 hours ago, iheartbda said:

Lois! 

I’ve been looking for you. Did you get an email from me? My email has been acting crazy lately and can’t tell if something was sent.😡

Hi, I am at sea......that email you have? I have not checked it.......so nope....

Hope you are doing well😃

19 hours ago, George C said:

Just read it is 100 mins , so about 9:45 , I take it you will use ship as hotel. 

Hi, yes, you are correct😃

On 4/16/2019 at 11:19 PM, Turtles06 said:

Sorry you are losing a day of your cruise, but “Come from Away” is just fabulous.

What weather is impacting your cruise? 

Well, weather is beautiful here in Bermuda......but when we sail north, the Capt can see a system that can be rough. He wants to get us ahead of it, instead of into it.......if that makes sense....better to leave early. 

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Well, weather is beautiful here in Bermuda......but when we sail north, the Capt can see a system that can be rough. He wants to get us ahead of it, instead of into it.......if that makes sense....better to leave early. 

Safe travels!   On our return from Bermuda to NY some years ago on the NCL Gem, we sailed into a nor'Easter, after first taking a detour to rescue six folks who were stranded on a sailboat that had lost all its power.  That was an incredible experience, as was the wild ride back to NY later that day and night.

Looking to buy Come From Away tickets for October.... it is coming up at $150per ticket for the matinee on Sunday!! Is this a normal price or is there a discount site I can use!

We don't pay that much in England for the theatre!!!

I also checked out Hamilton but that was over $350 each!!   I got tickets in London for £75!

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Looking to buy Come From Away tickets for October.... it is coming up at $150per ticket for the matinee on Sunday!! Is this a normal price or is there a discount site I can use!

We don't pay that much in England for the theatre!!!

I also checked out Hamilton but that was over $350 each!!   I got tickets in London for £75!

Broadway theatre is more expensive than the West End.  As George said above, you can try TKTS on the day of the show, but you never know in advance what shows you can get.  If there were a show I really wanted to see, I’d get the tickets in advance. Come From Away is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.

I have been telling my friends (I’m in America) to fly to London to see Hamilton. We had fabulous seats there for a fraction of what they would cost in NY, if you could even get them. 

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks......Come From Away was fantastic. Got a very long standing o........

Loved it.

Listening to the soundtrack right now. Actually just left DFW watching “the prettiest planes” take off and land  

Still one of my favorite shows.