Why is so much info needed to log in to Cruise Planner?

Can anyone provide a reason why it is necessary to enter your last name, booking number, sailing date, and name of the ship when logging in to the Cruise Planner. Wouldn't just providing the booking number be sufficient as this is unique and I would think linked to the other information? I realize in the grand scheme of things this is not a major issue, but I was just curious.

Can anyone provide a reason why it is necessary to enter your last name, booking number, sailing date, and name of the ship when logging in to the Cruise Planner. Wouldn't just providing the booking number be sufficient as this is unique and I would think linked to the other information? I realize in the grand scheme of things this is not a major issue, but I was just curious.

Because the IT demons that control the website at RCI love to torment us. :evilsmile::eek:

For security.

If all they required was the booking #, I could guess booking #'s and screw with peoples bookings, or cancel them. I could write a script that would cycle through all booking number combinations and cancel everyone's cruise.

Security.

It stops malicious users from typing in a series of numbers and getting into reservations.

Can anyone provide a reason why it is necessary to enter your last name, booking number, sailing date, and name of the ship when logging in to the Cruise Planner.

No need for any of that if you link over from your RCI login dashboard.

What I find really annoying is when I'm already logged in, bring up the reservation and I click on Make a Payment and I have to re-enter all of that information. I bookmarked the back door so I've been using that.

It's driving me crazy! I am at final payment and I want to pay! I do NOT want to pay over the phone but I will have to. GRRRR. I can get into the Cruise Planner but I cannot see a link from there to make payment.

It's driving me crazy! I am at final payment and I want to pay! I do NOT want to pay over the phone but I will have to. GRRRR. I can get into the Cruise Planner but I cannot see a link from there to make payment.

How did you book your cruise ? With a travel agent? Then you can't make payments online.

How did you book your cruise ? With a travel agent? Then you can't make payments online.

We have 2 upcoming cruises booked through a TA. Went on the login site today and for the first time ever there is a make a payment link. May be new now that Celebrity is linked, or may be a IT snafu, or could be a dead link as I did not click on it.

I had this happen and filled it in a few times and then it stopped when I went to cruise planner. I think this is a glitch and you might want to call and report it so they fix it. There is a number they give for an IT problem, maybe press 5 - listen to the choices. I click Cruise Planner and then it loads, so I don't think you should have to do all that to get to it.

When I click on Shore Excursions, one of our ports is missing. I am waiting to see if it shows up down the road. I called about not have a "countdown to cruise" and got an e-mail that our cruise is too far out, so I suspect 100 days is when I might see it.

They have dumbed down the site.

Merion Mom, no, I booked direct online. I'm going to have to ring them because I don't want to be late paying. So irritating.

I book direct with RCI also...and I don't mind spending the time on the phone with them to make my final payment...I don't trust the website with such an important task ;)

I book direct with RCI also...and I don't mind spending the time on the phone with them to make my final payment...I don't trust the website with such an important task ;)

Pay a few days early , get a guess copy if it shows 0$ balance then you are good. I used to make final payments on the phone but these days I do it online

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Security. If it were just a booking number, then people would enter random numbers and start messing with other people's reservation.

Pay a few days early , get a guess copy if it shows 0$ balance then you are good. I used to make final payments on the phone but these days I do it online

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do pay early...Easier to make sure and receive an instant confirmation (usually when I'm still on the phone) than to try and correct a mistake later. JMHO

I do not have to do that when I log in . I just go to the Royal Caribbean site click on sign in once I sign in it takes me to my page and there's Cruise planner link. I click the link it takes me straight to the cruise planner

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app