Cheese Plate MDR

briehon

After perusing some MDR menus, I noticed that a cheese plate is on every dessert menu. Anyone order this as an app? Think I could? Also, anyone ever order it? How is it, what’s on it, got a pic?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I usually get it as a dessert, but I know people get it as a appetizer. Fancy cheeses, some fruit, a couple little slices of bread. The components vary. If you google it, there are a bunch of pics and it shows you how it can vary.

The buffet also has cheese. On some ships (Miracle) you can almost replicate the MDR cheese plate. Blue cheese is at the pizza station.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love the cheese plate for dessert or appetizer! Some people here have suggested that portions are small, but I think it is plenty for two people if you are ordering it as part of a multi course meal.

I love the idea of getting it "to go" and having it later in your cabin. If you ask for this will they package it specially for you?

We love the cheese plate for dessert or appetizer! Some people here have suggested that portions are small, but I think it is plenty for two people if you are ordering it as part of a multi course meal.

I love the idea of getting it "to go" and having it later in your cabin. If you ask for this will they package it specially for you?

It doesn't really need to be packaged... just ask for it to go and they will give you the plate along with the plastic cloche that it comes out of the kitchen with, along with a silverware roll.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

We always order two cheese plates for our party of four to share as an additional appetizer. The cheeses offered are brie, swiss, gouda, blue cheese and one more that I can't remember, maybe a cheddar??

Our family always bring a few small disposable containers to put cookies in from the dessert display at lunch on the Lido and anything else we want to keep fresh or refrigerate.

We always order two cheese plates for our party of four to share as an additional appetizer. The cheeses offered are brie, swiss, gouda, blue cheese and one more that I can't remember, maybe a cheddar??

Port Salut is the other, and it's the best. So good.