What do you do about Noisy neighbours.

Towels? Security? See, that first night I'd look over at the DW and, in my most seductive voice possible, say "Think we can top them?" :confused: :')

You just won BEST Reply on this thread! ;p

:eek:Haha - made me look! I was so excited about getting a "hump" ;p(I wish I could say this pun was intended but it was just a lucky accident) balcony for my next cruise that I didn't think to make sure that it wasn't a connecting room. Whewww - it's not!!:D

We have had noisy neighbors on various travels. If it’s a fight or something that seems like I don’t need to get involved in, I will call security. But our first action is typically to knock on their door, ask them to quiet down, “we appreciate you having fun, but maybe you don’t realize how thin the walls are”. For years we had the excuse of young kids that needed to sleep, now it’s just us. This approach has been pretty effective for us. And now with older kids we appreciate someone directly asking them to turn down their music. They do, and it’s much quicker than calling security

But a fight, no thanks. Not getting near that.

Young kids being loud. Parents need a little encouragement to handle that. But crying babies?? That’s tough for everyone.

As for the other, how long can that really last? But not getting near that either

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cindivan

Well now everyone has me worried for my 2BR GS that has a connecting 2 BR GS.

We always travel and sleep with white noise machines. I’m hoping that will drown out any noise...? I’d hate to spend all this money and have our trip ruined. Ugh.

We were awakened about 2am by the people in the cabin next door having a huge argument, lots of yelling, foul language and crying. At the point where it sounded like something or someone:o hit the wall, we called security who came up about about 10 min after our call and knocked on their door. We heard them ask if everything was ok and the husband replied yes. Everything was quiet after that and for the rest of the cruise.

I was just getting back to sleep when the phone rang. It was security calling to see if everything was ok. :rolleyes:

By the way, we did not have a connecting room:')

Sherri:)

Absolutely the same situation for us on Majesty interior, not connecting. I was worried the woman was going to be murdered, seriously! Same results, but then I was worried about retaliation! Hopefully will never happen again. Most cruises we hear nothing at all. The only pet peeve I have is when someone leaves their balcony light on perpetually. I like to sit in darkness listening to the ocean and watching the stars.

We cruise 8 weeks a year, albeit not in a room with connecting doors, and we have only once had a noisy neighbor. Most people are aware that people are around them and act appropriately. One the one cruise where it was a problem it was only a problem two nights, the first and second. On the first night we gave them the benefit of the doubt...first night of a cruise maybe they were overly excited and perhaps overly intoxicated, so we let it be. But after the second night a call, then another, and another finally ended it for the rest of the cruise. Cruises are everyone's vacation/get away and everyone should enjoy it to the max, but when someone's actions affect many around them you have to step up and do something about it. If it happens again just call Guest Services and keep calling them until you get the results you want. Proper manners, proper behavior isn't what it use to be!

Agreed!

Good for you. Another case of kids following the lead of their rude and inconsiderate parents. We always stay away from connecting staterooms on ships and hotel rooms.

Thanks...and agree of course. So where has consideration and manners gone nowadays? Yikes.

We have never before had connecting rooms on a ship but on our next cruise we booked connecting rooms on purpose. Our son and granddaughter(5 year old) will be on the same cruise, these rooms will be good for us as we will open the doors to the cabins and also the divider on the balcony.

That is a great feature for your situation, and of course why RCI came up with the set up. But perhaps too many of them installed, since those cabins are the last to be booked and many try to avoid them.

I noticed there are far fewer GS connecting cabins on newer Harmony versus Oasis.

Last year we had neighbors who had a loud party on their balcony at 2 a.m. it was seriously loud and we couldn’t sleep. Plus they were smoking. We ended up calling security after 30 minutes. Security came into our room to witness the smoking on their balcony. People wouldn’t answer the door. Eventually security went into their room and we could. hear them talking in their balcony about smoking not being allowed (plus the noise).

We have just got of Independence of the seas.

It was only a short 3 night cruise so I thought we would try a guarantee balcony cabin. We were allocated a deck 9 mid-ships cabin. Thought we had done alright. It had a connecting door.

On first night at 7pm we were getting ready for dinner when they were trying out the bed. She was very vocal. We turned the telly up.

They came back at 2.15am that night and had a big row. Lots of shouting, and swearing.

We were woke up at 07.30 with the sound of them making up, time for the telly again.

It did get quieter after that but is has certainly put me off getting an adjoining cabin.

Should I have done something and what would you have done.

Ian

I

Last year we had neighbors who had a loud party on their balcony at 2 a.m. it was seriously loud and we couldn’t sleep. Plus they were smoking. We ended up calling security after 30 minutes. Security came into our room to witness the smoking on their balcony. People wouldn’t answer the door. Eventually security went into their room and we could. hear them talking in their balcony about smoking not being allowed (plus the noise).

Nice. I wish all ships had security that did that. :)

before midnight I don't think you should do anything unless it seems someones in danger, but making love on vacation is what vacay is all about!! Put your music on or tv up you shouldn't be able to hear through that. However at 2:30 am if there extremely loud for long time and it seems that its escalated a phone call should be made. But remember your on a group public cruise with thousands of other people who are on vacation too and everyone is having fun so lighten up and if the noise is extremely loud after midnight then call for help! What else is there to do????

before midnight I don't think you should do anything unless it seems someones in danger, but making love on vacation is what vacay is all about!! Put your music on or tv up you shouldn't be able to hear through that. However at 2:30 am if there extremely loud for long time and it seems that its escalated a phone call should be made. But remember your on a group public cruise with thousands of other people who are on vacation too and everyone is having fun so lighten up and if the noise is extremely loud after midnight then call for help! What else is there to do????

Thanks for the laugh.:rolleyes:

I take the same posture in hotels.

But will complain about loud noise after 10PM on weeknights, as many people in the hotel do have to work in the morning.

On weekends, I give people to midnight to get quiet.

I also always travel with ear plugs. :D