What do you do about Noisy neighbours.

Just one time booking a cabin that had a connecting door (last JS on late booking) was enough to be sure we don't do it again.

Family next door with very loud and active young boys. They were loud all the time. And even worse, kept trying to open the connecting door to our cabin. :mad:

Finally had it and yelled through the door "we are not letting you in...so cut it out!!" That ended the door rattling at least.

But never again booking one of those..plus you might lose a couch in favor of a chair to make room for that connecting door.

We also had a neighbor repeatedly trying to open the connecting door. Several loud bangs on the door put an end to that.

We have just got of Independence of the seas.

It was only a short 3 night cruise so I thought we would try a guarantee balcony cabin. We were allocated a deck 9 mid-ships cabin. Thought we had done alright. It had a connecting door.

On first night at 7pm we were getting ready for dinner when they were trying out the bed. She was very vocal. We turned the telly up.

They came back at 2.15am that night and had a big row. Lots of shouting, and swearing.

We were woke up at 07.30 with the sound of them making up, time for the telly again.

It did get quieter after that but is has certainly put me off getting an adjoining cabin.

Should I have done something and what would you have done.

Ian

I

Have never had a connecting cabin ever since a friend told me she & her husband had to tape a blanket over the connecting door in their room to deaden the noise. We have had however, very noisy upstairs neighbors but only one time. It sounded like they had kids and at all hours those kids seemed to be jumping off the beds. UGH! Finally my husband had had enough, got up on a chair and pounded on the ceiling while they were jumping...never heard another sound the rest of the cruise!

Call me perverse, but after a 2:15am wake up, I would feel like playing "It's a Small World" REALLY loud on my mini bluetooth speaker, and putting it next to the bottom of the door, then leaving for late breakfast. Or, maybe something by ABBA. :D:D

But, in reality, I just always wear foam earplugs to bed.

Or the "Wash Your Hands" song.

We also had a neighbor repeatedly trying to open the connecting door. Several loud bangs on the door put an end to that.

It makes you wonder if their brains were supplied from a cereal box doesn't it? :eek::o;p

We had a connecting cabin on our last cruise.

NO issues. No noise.

It was OK enough, we booked the same cabin for the next two cruises.

One time, I had a connecting door in a hotel that had some sound issues. Like the OP, the couple next door were having a VERY good time.

Not sure you needed to be so rude - especially as the OP didnt mention 'fighting'. :rolleyes:

Keyboard warriors again.....

Yes, the OP did. "A big row" is slang for an argument, usually heated.

They came back at 2.15am that night and had a big row. Lots of shouting, and swearing.

We were awakened about 2am by the people in the cabin next door having a huge argument, lots of yelling, foul language and crying. At the point where it sounded like something or someone:o hit the wall, we called security who came up about about 10 min after our call and knocked on their door. We heard them ask if everything was ok and the husband replied yes. Everything was quiet after that and for the rest of the cruise.

I was just getting back to sleep when the phone rang. It was security calling to see if everything was ok. :rolleyes:

By the way, we did not have a connecting room:')

Sherri:)

We had the same thing happen at a hotel....Party going on next door early AM, after long days' flight, I am trying to be a good neighbor, but enough was enough, called front desk, security came up, heard them tell them to quiet down, in no uncertain terms. Now, I am trying to fall back asleep, almost there, when bam bam bam on our door. hearing "security" got up, opened door, and now I'm being told it was taken care of, if any more disturbance, call down again....:mad:

We were repeatedly woken by neighbours having long, loud discussions in the early hours of the morning. We banged on the wall a couple of times....it made no difference. Every morning when we went to breakfast, we would hear loud snoring coming from the room. I figured if I couldn't sleep uninterrupted, why should they, so I called them & said "isn't it annoying when you are asleep and some inconsiderate a hole wakes you up?" No more noise after that.

I wonder if some people, who don't get out much think its a closet? I think once many years ago I was stuck in a hotel, I think the 5th different hotel in 5 days and got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and forget door was which and ran into the door. I heard movement on the other side, but security never came.

It was only a short 3 night cruise so I thought we would try a guarantee balcony cabin. We were allocated a deck 9 mid-ships cabin. Thought we had done alright. It had a connecting door.

On first night at 7pm we were getting ready for dinner when they were trying out the bed. She was very vocal. We turned the telly up.

We were woke up at 07.30 with the sound of them making up, time for the telly again.

It did get quieter after that but is has certainly put me off getting an adjoining cabin.

Ian

I

Fortunately we never had the experience .I cannot state here what I would do until the situation were to arise.

Towels? Security? See, that first night I'd look over at the DW and, in my most seductive voice possible, say "Think we can top them?" :confused: :')

This is straight out of Sex and the City ... only it was a couple they could see copulating out their window. But still a nice thought.

Ian

I

I would have put a post it note on their door informing them of everything I heard. The way I look at it, they should know.

Just one time booking a cabin that had a connecting door (last JS on late booking) was enough to be sure we don't do it again.

Family next door with very loud and active young boys. They were loud all the time. And even worse, kept trying to open the connecting door to our cabin. :mad:

Finally had it and yelled through the door "we are not letting you in...so cut it out!!" That ended the door rattling at least.

But never again booking one of those..plus you might lose a couch in favor of a chair to make room for that connecting door.

Good for you. Another case of kids following the lead of their rude and inconsiderate parents. We always stay away from connecting staterooms on ships and hotel rooms.

Edited by davekathy

I would have called GS and had them notify the inconsiderate neighbors. We also would never book a connecting cabin or hotel room.

We have never before had connecting rooms on a ship but on our next cruise we booked connecting rooms on purpose. Our son and granddaughter(5 year old) will be on the same cruise, these rooms will be good for us as we will open the doors to the cabins and also the divider on the balcony.

We have never before had connecting rooms on a ship but on our next cruise we booked connecting rooms on purpose. Our son and granddaughter(5 year old) will be on the same cruise, these rooms will be good for us as we will open the doors to the cabins and also the divider on the balcony.

Stanger's vs family not even the same concerns when it comes to connecting staterooms.