EZ Air seating

rhsjr

Our cruise isn't until Feb. 2019 and we have selected Princess EZ Air (for now). Of course we can't officially get seats until Dec final payment, but we can suggest seats to American now. Problem, the Princess seat selection is all singles yet if I look at the American site, seats are available all over. Is this normal for EZ Air?

I dont understand why you would book e z air. I like to have more control over seat selection, type of aircraft and type of Premium economy seats . Many have said it is somtimes less expensive but I wonder by how much.

Are you able to look at your actual reservation on the American website? Have you tried to select seats there? The only time I have ever had problems getting a seat is when it's a code share. If the website doesn't work, call American.

First it is $121 /pp cheaper than regular ticket. Second, American site has dashes and wouldn't allow me to select. On the phone with AA right now to see if I can get them to select.

I dont understand why you would book e z air. I like to have more control over seat selection, type of aircraft and type of Premium economy seats . Many have said it is somtimes less expensive but I wonder by how much.

You have control over everything you've mentioned. You select your actual flights, seats, whether you want economy, premium economy, business, etc. You can input your frequent flyer number and get the same perks as you would booking direct. You should also be able to use miles to upgrade if desired, it really depends on the airline. Sometimes the fares are the same, sometimes a little less, and sometimes thousands less than booking direct. I always check EZAir against direct booking fares and the last several times EZAir has been much lower.

First, you can choose premium economy using EZ Air. As to price savings, I have currently booked thru them for about 40% less than I could get with the lowest rates directly thru the airline. You can request that Princess book your seat at any point after you pay for it, but that removes the "flexible" feature. You do get the booking at the flexible rate, but you can't further reduce the rate after that. Once Princess has paid the airline for the seat, you can book your seats directly thru the airline based on their seat availability.

Also, in the event that something happens with your cruise, Princess has a history of caring for people who purchased both the cruise and EZ Air, but not giving the same deal to those who booked just the cruise. On our first Princess cruise, embarkation was delayed by 24 hours due to weather. Obviously, we were already at the port after a brief delay at the airport. When it was determined that the ship would not be arriving at the port on the scheduled day, Princess arranged and paid for hotel rooms and transportation to the hotel for those who had booked what they called "the total package" of EZ Air, transfers, and the cruise. Those who had not booked the whole deal were left to fend for themselves. Obviously, trip insurance would have covered the hotel, but it was great to not need to scurry and make our own arrangements!

While I was not on the cruise that was unable to dock at LeHavre recently, it seems that Princess took the same stance there.

To OP--what we discovered is that some airlines require Princess to pay for the ticket before we were allowed to choose seats thru the airline. That is normally at the 45 day point unless you go thru the process of asking them to do it sooner.

Our flight LAX to Brisbane, one way, $500 or pp cheaper than the airline site. Complete control over which flight, category and seats. I do comparison shop and sometimes EZ Air is less expensive, sometimes not, and sometimes an airline or flight I want is not a part of EZ Air, but when it has what I want, there are savings.

Reality..... you never have "control" over your flight or seats, the airline does and if partner shared, the partners will even debate about control themselves.

Now with some international flights charging to reserve economy seats prior to 48 hours before the flight, it has become even more unpredictable.

You have to have your air paid in full and "ticketed" through Princess for some airlines before you can be assigned a seat. With AA, I've never had a problem requesting a seat without having the air paid in full but I know it's not reserved - just requested. Once the airfare is paid in full and I've asked Princess to "ticket" the flight, then I go back to AA and make sure my requested seats are showing as assigned. Princess will automatically ticket your seat 45 days prior to the first flight but I often do it much farther ahead of that if I'm sure the price won't go down.

we beeked thru EZAir for our LA - Hawaii cruise in january. We've paid nothing, since i booked using tw of our FCCs. Don't have to pay until 10/31, Princess gave me our AA booking code, i went onto my AA account, accessed the reservation and have seats and tickets for our nonstop seats - roundtrip. price thru EZAir was the same as thru AA site, less the $300 credit that Princess was offering when we booked the cruise. Mike in CT,

Our flight LAX to Brisbane, one way, $500 or pp cheaper than the airline site. Complete control over which flight, category and seats. I do comparison shop and sometimes EZ Air is less expensive, sometimes not, and sometimes an airline or flight I want is not a part of EZ Air, but when it has what I want, there are savings.

We found the same thing. We saved 500 pp on RT tickets from LAX to Sydney by not using easy air. We are flying Fiji Airways.

I dont understand why you would book e z air. I like to have more control over seat selection, type of aircraft and type of Premium economy seats . Many have said it is sometimes less expensive but I wonder by how much.

It is better for international flights than for domestic flights, especially for one way across the ocean.

When we did a TA followed by a flight back to the USA the lowest one way coach class ticket we could find with an airline was over $2000. We could have booked a round trip with an airline and thrown away the return trip for about $1400. The EZAir price ended up being about $500.

Here's a real-life price comparison for you. We're booked from Burlington, VT to Prague in August. eZAir one-way fare $251 each...Delta website fare $2,288 each!

Is the airfare locked in till time of payment?
Yes...

I saved $5000 by using EZ Air for my Business class seats. That is why I used EZ Air.

First' date=' you can choose premium economy using EZ Air. As to price savings, I have currently booked thru them for about 40% less than I could get with the lowest rates directly thru the airline. You can request that Princess book your seat at any point after you pay for it, but that removes the "flexible" feature. You do get the booking at the flexible rate, but you can't further reduce the rate after that. Once Princess has paid the airline for the seat, you can book your seats directly thru the airline based on their seat availability.

Also, in the event that something happens with your cruise, Princess has a history of caring for people who purchased both the cruise and EZ Air, but not giving the same deal to those who booked just the cruise. On our first Princess cruise, embarkation was delayed by 24 hours due to weather. Obviously, we were already at the port after a brief delay at the airport. When it was determined that the ship would not be arriving at the port on the scheduled day, Princess arranged and paid for hotel rooms and transportation to the hotel for those who had booked what they called "the total package" of EZ Air, transfers, and the cruise. Those who had not booked the whole deal were left to fend for themselves. Obviously, trip insurance would have covered the hotel, but it was great to not need to scurry and make our own arrangements!

While I was not on the cruise that was unable to dock at LeHavre recently, it seems that Princess took the same stance there.

To OP--what we discovered is that some airlines require Princess to pay for the ticket before we were allowed to choose seats thru the airline. That is normally at the 45 day point unless you go thru the process of asking them to do it sooner.[/quote']

Just wanted to add that recently booked EZAir for Europe and got a great deal for a flexible ticket. Realizing that we wanted an upgraded extra legroom seat and that the ticket price would never go lower - we actually paid the airfare a month ago and had picked the seats we wanted. We still haven't paid for the cruise itself as it is not due until end of July. Just another way to ensure that we get what we wanted.

If flying overseas, I can fly business class on EZAir- what would be around $5500-7500pp(yikes!) if booked on the airline site, would cost around $1500-1600 with EZAir. So that is why I will book my upcoming 2019 European Baltic/TA cruise with EZAir!!!!! This is just an example. I have recently used EZAir (usually book myself with SW) to fly from Denver to FLL as SW's non-stop flights to FLL are at horrible times. The price was about the same, but with luggage will be a tad more, but at least I get a reasonable non-stop flight time. So it just all depends. I always check out flights on own and EZAir and compare prices, having control, etc. before making final decision.

Pooh

Yes it is. That’s one of the advantages of EZ Air & you don’t pay for the airfare until you make final payment for the cruise.

Another advantage is if you find a lower fare that you can rebook for the lower fare.

Tom😎

Theoretically the flexible fare can be increased if the price to Princess from the airline goes up.

But in practice, it is more likely that a price increase from the airline will result in EZAir changing to different flights that can keep your original pricing. You would be notified of the changed itinerary and may hate it or be OK with it.

Theoretically the flexible fare can be increased if the price to Princess from the airline goes up.

But in practice, it is more likely that a price increase from the airline will result in EZAir changing to different flights that can keep your original pricing. You would be notified of the changed itinerary and may hate it or be OK with it.

This is no longer the case. This was my first concern when I used it and my TA said it changed awhile ago.

It was when it first came out but Princess has since changed this. It now says: Flexible Air rates are not subject to change prior to the receipt of final payment on the cruise and air booking. Flexible Air flights which are confirmed on a booking remain at the same rate, with the exception of a change in taxes or fees or a schedule change resulting in the cancellation or re-booking of flights.

You are locked into the price on Princess's website. If the flight is cancelled - you will be notified and will need to work with the airline or Princes to find new flights.

Nope. Not any more. Changed years ago.

I have always booked my own air for my family of 5. If I were to book EZ Air for a direct flight (CA to London), would I be able to get (and confirm) our 5 seats together? It sounds more complicated to me than doing it myself through the airline. Anyone who has done EZ Air for an international flight for 5 or more people?

Our EZair flights are under $250 per person to fly from North Carolina to London and back home from New York. On our own, I can't get flights for under $1,800 per person unless I do a hacker fare with two stops on the way to London--with over 20 hours of travel time versus 10 hours with one stop through Princess.