MUTS screen on Quest

Azamarajunkie

Eric, don't you think it is my duty to support the England Captain?[emoji1]

Wondering if there is an on board venue that is particularly ideal for post game analysis.

And knowing a bit about Spurs fans, do you still cheer for Arsenal’s Welbeck?[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I HATE MUTS!!!!!! One reason among others that I do not cruise on Princess as I used to do is that I am subjected to incessant noise and images from the big screen and also that I don't want to subjected to movies that never should have been made. I can't imagine that Azamara is seriously thinking of adding that "feature". Please say that it isn't true.

DON

Wondering if there is an on board venue that is particularly ideal for post game analysis.

And knowing a bit about Spurs fans, do you still cheer for Arsenal’s Welbeck?[emoji3]

Nordski, you are assuming that he is good enough to be included in our World Cup team😄

On Viking they have headsets so it doesn't disturb the ambience for anyone else -- does Azamara have this with the new screen?

Great idea as I am one of those that usually doesn't want anything to do with sports while on vacation! Okay, okay - I'll admit that during the White Nights on our Quest cruise in January, my husband & I were "watching" the Philadelphia Eagles in a very tense playoff game on our phone over the Internet; Eagles won! As a side note, Azamara didn't broadcast any of the US football playoff games, but now they're putting up a big screen for soccer?!

Generally, I want to see & hear the sites & sounds from the exotic places we're visiting - not crowds cheering for a team!

As far as headphones go, I know Azamara has those light-up ones where you can choose what you want to listen to (it was funny watching a crowd with red- or blue-LED headsets during that Quest trip; they were "competing" with each other and singing out loud, but no one else could hear the music, LOL).

My vote is to put the screen in the Spirits lounge. Let those that want to see the game(s) view it there without bothering the rest of the passengers. JMHO.

Oh god no, really? That would be a game changer for me, in the extremely negative. I just moved on to Azamara from Princess because i utterly loathe the fact that you can’t get any peace around the pool. I hope it’s a short term thing, but when is the World Cup from and to....we go on Quest in December. Eek.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm a soon to be first time Azamara cruiser who is platinum on Princess. I am obviously in the minority here but I love MUTS. We don't have a lot of time to catch movies at the theater and it's cool to bundle up and watch them under the stars when we're on vacation. If they show a movie we don't want to see, we just don't go that night. If they didn't show MUTS, we would never spend any time around the pool at night. Do people do that on Azamara? Obviously, I'm okay without MUTS or I wouldn't have booked on Azamara. I'm just surprised people feel so strongly about it. I'm not expecting MUTS but I will be ecstatic if they have it on Journey for our Cuba Intensive in November.

I do hate it when they show sports on the big screen and I'm not a big fan of it during the day when the sun is out and people are being loud so it is hard to see or hear the movie. It's just unnecessary noise during the day.

Ok, I think this has got out of hand. When I first read Azamarajunkie's post I thought that this was a permanent structure, but on reviewing the photo from Azamara Quest's Twitter picture I see that it is the large inflatable one that Odd spoke of. I saw it on Journey last year and it replaces the smaller screen they put up at the other end by the stage on the Pool Deck.

They put this up only one evening that I can remember when there was the option for those who didn't attend the Azamazing Evening to have something to do on the ship (which they've done for a while with that smaller screen). So I would say "don't panic". It might be used a little more when the World Cup is on and for the occasional other sporting fixture in the evening when people are at dinner and not using the pool deck, but it's not the permanent structure I thought it was. It takes time to put up and take down.

Phil

Oh god no, really? That would be a game changer for me, in the extremely negative. I just moved on to Azamara from Princess because i utterly loathe the fact that you can’t get any peace around the pool. I hope it’s a short term thing, but when is the World Cup from and to....we go on Quest in December. Eek.

I'll be on Quest In couple of weeks for three weeks whilst the World Cup is on. This will be a good acid test. I'll be sure to feed back here.

Phil

I'll be on Quest In couple of weeks for three weeks whilst the World Cup is on. This will be a good acid test. I'll be sure to feed back here.

Phil

Great Phil, enjoy is the first instruction, obviously :). Also let us know please. I really can’t imagine Azamara putting up a MUTS screen full time, really can’t envisage it at all. Hence my initial shock. However, if they did, it might be enough to make me cancel like one of the other commentators on here.

Great Phil, enjoy is the first instruction, obviously :). Also let us know please. I really can’t imagine Azamara putting up a MUTS screen full time, really can’t envisage it at all. Hence my initial shock. However, if they did, it might be enough to make me cancel like one of the other commentators on here.

Having seen it before I am not worried about it now. More of a worry is if I can get an included Long Island Iced Tea. Lol

Phil

Having seen it before I am not worried about it now. More of a worry is if I can get an included Long Island Iced Tea. Lol

Phil

Thanks Phil for your reassurance, I too was worried that AZ had put it up permanently, look forward to your report.

Out of interest I got the ingredients of a Long Island Iced Tea out of our drinks cupboard at home and was amazed at the number of bottles! I was equally amazed that we had them all at home. Now definitely need to try one;p;p

Now I am thinking iced teas to ease the game pains!

It’s inevitable Azamara will have games coverage in June/July on Journey as the cruises were marketed as World Cup Cruises.

Most of the games are after 1700 so it’s not going to impact day time enjoyment.

And in my view better use a screen on the pool deck than try something in Spirits as that reduces bar capacity and has a greater impact on non sports fans at night

I am one of those who would probably enjoy watching a World Cup game on the big screen.

Have been on board previously when a big soccer tournament was on and games were shown on the TVs in Spirits. While there was an enthusiastic crowd watching, obviously many guests were not interested and I felt it impacted on their evening in a detrimental way.

If there are day time games would be totally opposed to them being shown on the pool deck when people are sunbathing but hopefully guests wouldn't be inconvenienced if the pool deck is utilised at night

If there are day time games would be totally opposed to them being shown on the pool deck when people are sunbathing but hopefully guests wouldn't be inconvenienced if the pool deck is utilised at night

It can't be used during the day because it blocks the Pool Bar area.

Phil

Out of interest I got the ingredients of a Long Island Iced Tea out of our drinks cupboard at home and was amazed at the number of bottles! I was equally amazed that we had them all at home. Now definitely need to try one;p;p

Made by certain bartenders they are dangerous! All the major white spirits in a glass with a splash of coke to make it look like Iced Tea. Like that really waters it down!;)

Phil

What is the World Cup - soccer I presume? Or maybe Hockey? And what months is it held? I'm also worried about having to listen to professional football games in November, the month I'm scheduled to cruise. I can honestly say, I have never heard or seen five minutes of a football game and I don't ever care to.

As I said in an earlier post, I have no issues at all with it being shown in an enclosed area such as a bar or theater, however I enjoy the open deck in the evening and at night and don't think it should be held there where one can't be outside and escape having to hear it.

I'm feeling a tiny bit anxious not knowing....and I know none of us can know that ahead of time, but I wish I knew before my final payment comes up the first week of July.

Just to remind everybody: The MUTS screen shown in the picture is inflatable and only used on special occassions, e.g during an Azamazing Evening for the passsengers staying on board. I have never seen it being used for sports.

Soccer World Cup is usually shown on two screens in Spirits Bar.

What is the World Cup - soccer I presume? Or maybe Hockey? And what months is it held? I'm also worried about having to listen to professional football games in November, the month I'm scheduled to cruise. I can honestly say, I have never heard or seen five minutes of a football game and I don't ever care to.

As I said in an earlier post, I have no issues at all with it being shown in an enclosed area such as a bar or theater, however I enjoy the open deck in the evening and at night and don't think it should be held there where one can't be outside and escape having to hear it.

I'm feeling a tiny bit anxious not knowing....and I know none of us can know that ahead of time, but I wish I knew before my final payment comes up the first week of July.

Hopefully oddjob16 has put your mind at rest Zoey. But as further reassurance you can also get out on deck on deck 5