MUTS screen on Quest

Azamarajunkie

Indeed. I just wish all here could at least stay polite and not go on the attack. It’s always been a friendly and open board here and I believe you achieve much more that way. To be frank, those who aren’t that way show themselves up.

Phil

Hear, hear !

Indeed. I just wish all here could at least stay polite and not go on the attack. It’s always been a friendly and open board here and I believe you achieve much more that way. To be frank, those who aren’t that way show themselves up.

Phil

Indeed they do.

I am not against a couple movies a cruise -even 4 as it seems it might be better than some of the shows. Personally i have not watch one since mt Princess days. But others enjoy it. I did notice it is now above the bar vs on the stage. So my question is this screen bigger and better.

also anything better than the small screen is Spirits for sports

Some one will enjoy this more than others.

I once did a Christmas Princess Caribbean cruise when all day long the big screen would be used to run Princess cruise adverts. After listening to the same advert playing continuously on a loop I eventually complained and managed to get the sound turned off. Never done another Princess cruise since.

Have only seen the screen out once in 5 past cruises with AZ ......overnight in Mumbai and the movie was slumdog millionaire. For me the MUTS would be a total turn off even though i am a football fanatic. Once established, it ‘could’ become the norm. Not for us. David

OK obviously going to be displaying my ignorance here but to me a mut(t) is a canine of uncertain linage - googled MUTS and found it is a DNA mismatch repair protein. Neither of which would enhance my enjoyment of the pool area, or permit the screening of sporting events. :o

Thank you for asking! I had no clue either [emoji12]. Not something I look for on a cruise. But it doesn’t matter if others enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Phil

Phil, we now have three pages of complaints on this thread when we have no idea yet how or when or for what this screen is going to be used. Too many here seem unable to wait and see how things play out before expressing outrage. You would think Azamara had said hip hop videos were going to be shown 24 hours a day on the pool deck. All because a picture of a temporary screen appeared, with no explanation, on a captain's web page. I don't understand why a few here continue to leap to negative conclusions before knowing the facts.

The same thing happened on the drinks menu thread, to the point where someone said something like "this is not a cruise line for me" before Bonnie was given the chance to clear the air.

Frankly, Phil, I am disappointed that you, often a voice of reason here, are not more of a moderating influence during these over-the-top kerfufles.

Steve

You shared information as you knew it, the full situation was shaped by the knowledge of others as should be the case. Some folks reacted some over reacted - that’s inevitable. For many reasons there is some mistrust about the direction Azamara is traveling in some very valid some very much less so. Some do not read everything before reacting - that is something hopefully people can think about.

I think interpreting what I think is Phil’s point which is well made is there has been a trend in some quarters to resort to some nasty responses even personal attacks on recent Azamara threads. Fortunately the moderators are alert and the most vicious attacks have been removed.

I think if we get scared off from posting and saying how we see changes because of the actions of a few these boards will be poorer for it.

So to paraphrase a song Keep on posting....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by uktog

Steve

You shared information as you knew it, the full situation was shaped by the knowledge of others as should be the case. Some folks reacted some over reacted - that’s inevitable. For many reasons there is some mistrust about the direction Azamara is traveling in some very valid some very much less so. Some do not read everything before reacting - that is something hopefully people can think about.

I think interpreting what I think is Phil’s point which is well made is there has been a trend in some quarters to resort to some nasty responses even personal attacks on recent Azamara threads. Fortunately the moderators are alert and the most vicious attacks have been removed.

I think if we get scared off from posting and saying how we see changes because of the actions of a few these boards will be poorer for it.

So to paraphrase a song Keep on posting....

Thanks Ann:D

I did ask the Question of Jose on FB whether it was permanent but haven’t yet had a response, however the responses on this thread have clearly reassured me otherwise. Don’t worry, I’ll ‘keep on posting’:D

Whilst I agree that some comments can be over the top, here is a link to a prime example of why being vocal has benefits............AZ do read these comments.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=6526

The posters on this board no doubt influenced this particular idea, so if there is a debate to be had, we should continue to express our opinions to help influence the outcomes. David

The use of the outdoor movie screen is at the discretion of our Cruise Directors, according to what they’ve scheduled; typically used at night, and of course dependent on the weather, cruising conditions, etc. They are not permanent and really used rather seldom.

Whilst I agree that some comments can be over the top, here is a link to a prime example of why being vocal has benefits............AZ do read these comments.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=6526

The posters on this board no doubt influenced this particular idea, so if there is a debate to be had, we should continue to express our opinions to help influence the outcomes. David

Completely agree with you - I remember that campaign very well.

Think we should all continue being vocal when we consider it necessary but have found some recent posts verging on abusive. Made me feel uncomfortable. Just my opinion.

The use of the outdoor movie screen is at the discretion of our Cruise Directors, according to what they’ve scheduled; typically used at night, and of course dependent on the weather, cruising conditions, etc. They are not permanent and really used rather seldom.

Thanks Bonnie, it’s good to know that the use of the screens is up to the CD, not a company wide policy(which is what I think some people were possibly thinking).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Bonnie for the confirmation of Oddjobs and Phils responses to my original post. Your considered responses are always greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and thank God. You would loose me as a customer if it became a permanent "feature".

DON

Maybe Captain Jose is going to put the screen up only if Portugal do well in The World Cup? [emoji1]

Well if they put it up to show the England games, it won't be up for too long [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

OK OK I know fans from here haven't been bothering the passport office too much lately......at least England is there (briefly)

PS I’ve told my DH I will buy him a cruise if England win the World Cup

Edited by uktog

Well if they put it up to show the England games, it won't be up for too long [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

OK OK I know fans from here haven't been bothering the passport office too much lately......at least England is there (briefly)

PS I’ve told my DH I will buy him a cruise if England win the World Cup

Ann,

Your generosity knows no bounds! ( suspect your cash will be safe)

Ann,

Your generosity knows no bounds! ( suspect your cash will be safe)

Ah but there was no specification of duration, location or vessel. Silly boy didn’t check the details of the verbal offer. I can crack this for £1 for 30mins at a park near here :)