Chops for Vegetarians

For those who think it's a waste, that's like saying why go to a bar with friends if you don't drink? Sometimes it's about the friends. I bet the last time I went to Chops I could have eaten just the sides and been full. But I had lamb :)

sometimes not even the friends can save it. for me its any Mexican restaurant or Olive Garden. I will bow out and NOT go no matter who I would be spending time with. I am usually the only one who dissents and I feel no ill will if I am outvoted, but I choose to not set foot in either establishment. I won't be the one who has to eat before or after.

Lol thanks, didn't realize my question would generate so many opinions! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nicki, if you had said in your original post that you were getting the meal for free and that you were going because others want to go, the responses would have been different. :)

Nicki, if you had said in your original post that you were getting the meal for free and that you were going because others want to go, the responses would have been different. :)
Didnt realize I needed to specify [emoji854]

Didnt realize I needed to specify [emoji854]

It is a prerequisite on here to give the full story at the beginning to save any misunderstanding and get only positive feedback.

It is a prerequisite on here to give the full story at the beginning to save any misunderstanding and get only positive feedback.

With the understanding that this will not stop judgemental and often critical comments unrelated to the core subject. ;)

Does anyone know what the vegetarian options are at chops?

Sooo you're going to a steakhouse and paying an up charge for salad you can get in the MDR?

Let me fix that.

"It is a good idea, in any communication, but particularly in a written message, to give the full story and and thus avoid misunderstanding."

We’re vegetarian and had a great dinner at Chops. We got soup, salad and sides. Best meal of the cruise!! Only bad thing was that the head waiter personally came to our table to find out why we weren’t indulging in the pork belly or any steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’re vegetarian and had a great dinner at Chops. We got soup, salad and sides. Best meal of the cruise!! Only bad thing was that the head waiter personally came to our table to find out why we weren’t indulging in the pork belly or any steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s funny. I’m guessing he wasn’t interested in a philosophical or health discussion.

I would happily swap my vegetables for their Rib eye on the bone.

Good point - since they charge for an additional entree this might be a good option if you have some kind of two for one offer or are on one of the packages like First Night. I wouldn't pay $40 for just the sides but if net was $15 it might be a good deal.

The Mushroom Soup is to die for. The crispy goat cheese salad is also very good. The side choices are veg: tots, baked potato, asparagus, spinach, Mac and cheese etc..

A lot of if not most soups, including mushroom, are made with stocks made from chicken or beef and dairy products.

bosco

A lot of if not most soups, including mushroom, are made with stocks made from chicken or beef and dairy products.

bosco

They told me the mushroom was vegetarian on my last cruise. It is definitely not vegan though.

I'm not a vegetarian but my favorite dinner in the MDR recently was the vegetable korma. I would stop by Chops ahead of time and see what they can do for you. If you like Indian food that could help to get you an actual entree.