Up to 30% off drinks packages 4th July sale

Hey guys

As per the title I have been checking prices over several weeks in preparation and hopes of a 4th July sale. I have checked this morning to see a 30% off drinks packages sale on selected sailings splashed all over the UK Royal Caribbean website. I checked and found my sailing is included so looked at prices to find they are exactly the same as they have been over the past few weeks.

Am I missing something or is Royal playing a game?

I have been checking prices for cruises from NCL and RCI and YES Royal plays the most games. They really play games with prices, and with sales it's just insane. The sales are so crazy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hey guys

As per the title I have been checking prices over several weeks in preparation and hopes of a 4th July sale. I have checked this morning to see a 30% off drinks packages sale on selected sailings splashed all over the UK Royal Caribbean website. I checked and found my sailing is included so looked at prices to find they are exactly the same as they have been over the past few weeks.

Am I missing something or is Royal playing a game?

It's the Royal math. Pay no attention to any percent off figures they tout. Just look at the bottom line.

It's the Royal math. Pay no attention to any percent off figures they tout. Just look at the bottom line.
That is exactly right. Very good advice and how I book another on Royal Caribbean from the cruise fare to onboard stuff.

I might suggest to our high school principal that they consider a new course offering... RCI mathematics 101. The problem is you could never find a teacher with enough of a mastery of it to actually teach the course.

I might suggest to our high school principal that they consider a new course offering... RCI mathematics 101. The problem is you could never find a teacher with enough of a mastery of it to actually teach the course.
Oh that's funny! Good one and unfortunately true. I love Royal Caribbean but I just realize it's more expensive. It's also less transparent in terms of fares and sales or non sales.

Edited by JAMESCC

I bought drink packages a couple weeks ago and the refreshment package price dropped $8/day with the "sale." We only got that package for my husband, but when I bought it, it was $26/day, so I'm going to call and refund it then repurchase at the lower price and save myself the $32+ 18% gratuity charge.

They have the most screwed up pricing methods I've ever seen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I bought drink packages a couple weeks ago and the refreshment package price dropped $8/day with the "sale." We only got that package for my husband, but when I bought it, it was $26/day, so I'm going to call and refund it then repurchase at the lower price and save myself the $32+ 18% gratuity charge.

They have the most screwed up pricing methods I've ever seen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I called this morning. Drink package purchased last week was $48/pp. Mine only went down $3 but it's still $25 each. PITA - they cancel and then you buy it at the new rate. Of course the "cancellation" takes days to hit your CC, while the buy hits immediately. Just give me OBC and we're good!

is $9.99 pp soda package a normal price, or do I have to buy it today to get this pricing?

I've seen it for $8.50 per day. However, whenever you buy, if you see a lower price, you can cancel and re-order.

I was thinking $9.99 IS the lower price.

Not in my experience, though I have heard of the $8.50 price bring raised.

Do you know if the $9.99 price is before or after gratuities are added?

I did find a change for one of my shore excursions for a September cruise with the "4th of July Sale". The price increased from $96 to $100. Not much of a sale Beverage packages and internet were the same.

I purchased the the Voom Surf/Stream one device during the 4th of July sale for my B2B on Freedom for September. It had been pricing at $14.99 per day I got it for $12.99 per day...a small savings but worth it for the two weeks.

I'm on the Freedom in September and they are advertising buy one, get one 50% off the deluxe beverage package. Final price is $42 each because they take off 25% from each person. With their math, that means the original price is $56/day????? Does that seem legit? I have not sailed RC in many years so don't know their typical package prices.

I'm on the Freedom in September and they are advertising buy one, get one 50% off the deluxe beverage package. Final price is $42 each because they take off 25% from each person. With their math, that means the original price is $56/day????? Does that seem legit? I have not sailed RC in many years so don't know their typical package prices.

You don't know what is legit or not because Royal makes up these numbers. Forget the BS percentages that Royal touts, just look at the bottom line.

You don't know what is legit or not because Royal makes up these numbers. Forget the BS percentages that Royal touts, just look at the bottom line.

Yes that is what I'll be doing. The price is cheaper than when I sailed Carnival so will be buying and then keeping an eye if it goes down further.

is $9.99 pp soda package a normal price, or do I have to buy it today to get this pricing?

I've seen it for $8.50 per day. However, whenever you buy, if you see a lower price, you can cancel and re-order.

I believe that the price of the soda package is $8.50 now, as it has been for some time, but is going up to $9.99 in 2019.

That is what you are seeing.

I assume that since I'm traveling next Friday that none of these sales would apply to my sailing? I was going to wait for the Voom to go down, but decided to just buy today at $14.99. I do have the Deluxe Drink Package, and if I pair it together, I would be able to save a whole dollar per day, but that's not worth it to cancel and rebook for $7...