Cape Liberty Tips

My 4 year old and I will be cruising on AOS August 3rd. Husband is out of town for work that week. I only have two hands so I'm thinking ahead....

I'm Diamond so it's not my first time at the rodeo for boarding but I haven't sailed out of Cape Liberty for years. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of what to expect when I get to the port (driving ourselves there from PA) and any tips that would make life easier as far as luggage and parking at the beginning and end of the trip.

In Baltimore they take the luggage right from our trunk, I park and I know we can walk into the terminal with all we need for a few hours. How is luggage handled at CL? What about when we get off the ship? Will I have an issue getting my daughter and the luggage to the car or will there be porters there to help for some cash? I'm debating on leaving the stroller at home because it's one more "thing" I only have two hands for.

Anything else I should know about this port? :cool: Cash only for parking? Best times to arrive? Etc...

They will help you. Pull up to the curb first and unload your car keeping your stroller with you. Go park your car in the garage. You pay when you leave but keep your ticket in your purse. There are machines for cash and machines for credit cards right outside the garage

Since they opened the new terminal at Cape Liberty, parking and luggage handling is a breeze. Just stop in front of the terminal, porters will help you off-load your bags, then you drive into the parking garage and walk to check-in. Traffic does back up, though, so you’re better off arriving either early or late. Check-in is fast and painless.

There are lots of porters at the pier when you disembark, and it’s easy to get one to help you. When you use a porter, they get you through Customs very quickly.

They do take credit cards at the garage.

You won't get your Seapass card at check in - it will be in your cabin.

Is this a procedure specific to Adventure? I've never received the seapass card in the cabin before. Always at the pier. It's not needed to get on the ship initially? How do you make a purchase on the ship if you don't have it yet? I don't really expect to be buying anything right away but just curious now...

You won't get your Seapass card at check in - it will be in your cabin.

Sorry, I just realized AOS wasn't very specific when talking about Cape Liberty now that Anthem and Adventure both go out of this port for a few months. We will be sailing on Adventure this trip. :) Although I'm a seasoned cruiser I have yet to go on a mega ship. Not gonna lie, I'm intimidated. ;)

Depending on the length of your cruise, if you're staying in town the night before, consider doing a Park n Ride package that includes a shuttle to and from port. It's very easy. I went on the Anthem in November, and chose this option to limit having to handle luggage myself (unexpected gall bladder surgery 4 days before).

Is this a procedure specific to Adventure? I've never received the seapass card in the cabin before. Always at the pier. It's not needed to get on the ship initially? How do you make a purchase on the ship if you don't have it yet? I don't really expect to be buying anything right away but just curious now...

Quantum class and Harmony...other ships in the fleet seem to be heading in this direction too. Sorry...not a fan of this new change but then again not a fan of many new "improvements".

You use your SetSail Pass until you have access to your cabin..envelope will be on your cabin door holding one SeaPass the other will be on the bed in your cabin with other info.

Sorry, I just realized AOS wasn't very specific when talking about Cape Liberty now that Anthem and Adventure both go out of this port for a few months. ;)

Doesn't matter - both ships use that procedure.

Quantum class and Harmony...other ships in the fleet seem to be heading in this direction too. Sorry...not a fan of this new change but then again not a fan of many new "improvements".

You use your SetSail Pass until you have access to your cabin..envelope will be on your cabin door holding one SeaPass the other will be on the bed in your cabin with other info.

Thanks so much! That's a new procedure for me with this ship. Not sure how I feel about it either but we'll roll with it and see.

• 1 month later...

As mentioned the pay stations are outside the garage so take your ticket with you. We always write down our parking space area or number, or take a photo on our phone. After a long cruise it might be helpful to find your car if your memory is a bit foggy (for whatever reason!).

My 4 year old and I will be cruising on AOS August 3rd. Husband is out of town for work that week. I only have two hands so I'm thinking ahead....

I'm Diamond so it's not my first time at the rodeo for boarding but I haven't sailed out of Cape Liberty for years. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of what to expect when I get to the port (driving ourselves there from PA) and any tips that would make life easier as far as luggage and parking at the beginning and end of the trip.

In Baltimore they take the luggage right from our trunk, I park and I know we can walk into the terminal with all we need for a few hours. How is luggage handled at CL? What about when we get off the ship? Will I have an issue getting my daughter and the luggage to the car or will there be porters there to help for some cash? I'm debating on leaving the stroller at home because it's one more "thing" I only have two hands for.

Anything else I should know about this port? :cool: Cash only for parking? Best times to arrive? Etc...

It was horrific enough for us getting bullied by union cabbies wearing safety smocks, telling me I can't use Uber. I was tired on morning arrival, barely ate, and nearly got into a scuffle with the idiot who tried telling me what I couldn't do.

IF I'd ever sail from Liberty again? I'd get there at six am.

Getting in for departure took us nearly three hours on a cab. Good for you to be driving your own vehicle off the top. It's a terrible port arriving and getting out, IMO. We'll never sail from Cape Liberty again.

If you are flying in, have your driver stop to pick up your 2 bottles of wine for the cruise. There's a place at the next turn off into the port that has a large shopping center with a Wine Warehouse. I'm willing to bet you could call ahead and have your wine ready for pick up when you arrive. Here's a google map of where it is located:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cape+Liberty+Cruise+Port,+Port+Terminal+Boulevard,+Bayonne,+NJ/Wine+Warehouse,+Lefante+Way,+Bayonne,+NJ/@40.6685994,-74.0994442,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c25036a072a74d:0xf88fd20c29c0071f!2m2!1d-74.0725745!2d40.6648735!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c251dd19473501:0x96f1a161548579de!2m2!1d-74.1047576!2d40.6666106!3e0

$20 per day seems high to some but the parking at the garage at Cape Liberty CP in Beautiful and Gorgeous Bayonne is advisable. Do not use the off site parking lot as it has questionable practices. Arrive in beautiful Bayonne by 10:30 am and there should be few to no cars backed up in front of the terminal dropping luggage.

$20 per day seems high to some but the parking at the garage at Cape Liberty CP in Beautiful and Gorgeous Bayonne is advisable. Do not use the off site parking lot as it has questionable practices. Arrive in beautiful Bayonne by 10:30 am and there should be few to no cars backed up in front of the terminal dropping luggage.

It's $22 in Miami.

It's a heck of a lot cheaper than Manhattan. ;) :D

I am driving from PA, how does road construction affect getting to the port. Are there detours and road closures? Driving to the Port next month.

If you get off the NJ Turnpike at 14A, just follow the signs. They are not really large, as you have to look for them -- picture of a ship. Just put the final address in your GPS -- 4 Port Terminal Blvd, Bayonne, NJ 07002 in case you miss a turn on your way. You will be redirected.