Laundry

mcrcruiser

We have a 15 night Hawaii cruise booked & wish to pack light .Thus ,sending out our laundry .

We are Ruby with Princess & no free laundry .

What is the laundry charge per bag & does Princess ever leave any laundry specials in the state rooms

TIA

Laundry is charged by the piece, not the bag.

Stuff-a-bag-specials are extremely rare; hopefully if someone saw one recently on a Hawaii cruise they will chime in--but don't count on it.

All Princess ships have passenger launderetttes. $3 per load to wash or dry.

Princess has laundermats on each deck and I use them. You use your room card to get tokens in the laundermat itself. Costs about $4-5 per load to wash if you don't bring your own soap, etc. About $3 per load to dry. Has been awhile so prices are approximate.

Pooh

Plan on using the self service laundry unless you have a very small amount of clothes to wash - it would cost a lot to send out all of your dirty clothes. I would not plan on there being many opportunities for laundry "deals"

We have a 15 night Hawaii cruise booked & wish to pack light .Thus ,sending out our laundry .

What is the laundry charge per bag & does Princess ever leave any laundry specials in the state rooms

TIA

I have never seen bag prices. If Princess has had them in the past they were very rare. If you send out laundry you fill out a laundry slip and pay by the item. Different items have different prices. A bag of standard laundry with socks, underwear, PJ's, T's, shorts, pants, etc. will probably be around $40. Same day service has additional cost.

This past winter in the Caribbean we sent out laundry 8 times for a total cost of $292, or around $37 each time. Dress & formal wear costs are higher.

Self laundry is $3 wash, $3 dry plus soap and dryer sheets. Irons are free. You can bring your own soap & sheets.

It is a "per item" charge. I have heard talk, here on Cruise Critic of intermittent deals priced "per bag," but they are, apparently, quite rare--I've never seen it about a dozen Princess cruises (including two Los Angeles-Hawaii round trips).

In May on our 12-day AK cruise we sent out about 4 or 5 days worth of underwear, socks, shirts (casual and dress), sweaters, and the tab was $51. There was also a reasonable turnaround--about 30 hours.

There are, of course, laundries available for passenger use. I can tell you that they will be packed the first sea day after leaving the islands. No surprise, there,

Plan on using the self service laundry unless you have a very small amount of clothes to wash - it would cost a lot to send out all of your dirty clothes. I would not plan on there being many opportunities for laundry "deals"

In April, 2018 it was $3 to wash, $3 to dry, $1.50 to purchase products (or bring your own).

No, we have never hit a laundry "deal" on Princess, as we have on other ships. Even then, it was $30 for a bag that held about half a load. We were in a suite, so sent laundry on our April cruise--the cost for one bag was $65--comped in the suite. Honestly, with all the stuff I've read about them being hard on the clothing, I wish they'd just comp us a limited number of laundry tokens.

In April' date=' 2018 it was $3 to wash, $3 to dry, $1.50 to purchase products (or bring your own).

No, we have never hit a laundry "deal" on Princess, as we have on other ships. Even then, it was $30 for a bag that held about half a load. We were in a suite, so sent laundry on our April cruise--the cost for one bag was $65--comped in the suite. Honestly, with all the stuff I've read about them being hard on the clothing, I wish they'd just comp us a limited number of laundry tokens.[/quote']

In 35 cruises I have had them ruin only 1 item - and they reimbursed me for that item and took my word on the cost of the item.

In 35 cruises I have had them ruin only 1 item - and they reimbursed me for that item and took my word on the cost of the item.

That's good to hear. On our April cruise, we did send the "normal" laundry, but I also washed a load of delicates, items containing lycra, etc. No problem with the things I sent.

Thanks Every one for the heads up .:D

Guess we were use to sending our laundry out by the bag on other cruise lines . Personally we are surprised that Princess does not have a laundry by the bag price ;as does Holland ,Celebrity ,Royal Caribbean .Seems to us they do quite well .

Yes that above cruise lines do not have laundry rooms on their ships ;however ,for a luxury cruise you think that Princess would rethink it

Yes that above cruise lines do not have laundry rooms on their ships ;however ,for a luxury cruise you think that Princess would rethink it

You mean rethink it and eliminate the laundry rooms so they can be like the other cruise lines?

I specifically chose Princess because it has laundry facilities. And I've used them on every cruise we've been on. Bring the EZ Wash sheets (or like product), which take no room at all in your suitcase. Get to the laundry room when it first opens (I go 10 minutes before opening -- it likely will be open and you will be the first one there). That way you don't have to wait to get a washing machine. Get the laundry over with about 1/2 way through the cruise (30 minutes to wash so go back to your cabin and take a shower, then I do two cycles for drying). And you are done for the rest of the cruise! Bada bing!

Thanks Every one for the heads up .:D

Guess we were use to sending our laundry out by the bag on other cruise lines . Personally we are surprised that Princess does not have a laundry by the bag price ;as does Holland ,Celebrity ,Royal Caribbean .Seems to us they do quite well .

Princess is not a luxury line

Princess is not a luxury line

That was my thought. Princess is very much a mid-range cruise line IMHO. That's not a good or bad thing--it just relates to the amenities and costs. It's a "get what you pay for" situation. Princess doesn't charge luxury prices either.

The only time we have seen the "fill a bag" was on the Coral, during the Panama Canal Cruises. Both of those were 10/11 days and never seen it offered on cruises shorter than that. Here is a scan of the laundry prices as of last Fall.

If it's not clear enough, you can click on the picture name & it will take you to the orignal to where you can zoom all the way in.

36229474754_f257e53c36_b.jpgXI by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

TIA

Photo below was taken very early in the morning on the Regal Princess

25665002668_797b4df34f_k.jpg

When you reach Elite on Princess you get free laundry. Until then use the laundry rooms

Howard

The elite laundry is free. There are now so many of us with that status we often receive a card at the beginning of the cruise a card that states the free laundry service may take 3 days or so. I would assume this is why the laundry special by the bag has been done away with on many cruises. On some cruises lately over half the ship is elite especially on longer or unusual itineraries. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums