Alaska Live, July 17th - 27th. Just the tip of the iceberg.

About to start our 4.5 hour bus tour of Denali, a 4.5 hour tour. Will the minnow be tossed?

933accee6c0d4113b2135f142df0cc12.jpg

Established in 1917. It was 2 million acres then and now is now approx 6 million acres.

I have to admit cell coverage has been good up here. I will be losing you guys soon so until then take care. I will post as I can.

First thing we did this morning was break a law, or I think we did.

21da9b5aa48217768840d7922fa21d8a.jpg

c33bc33d87bdb8460db0d2500f9f108b.jpg

f90b079539f64d536a4ab259c393f157.jpg

I got my parka ready for the ride.

I have my rain gear, long johns, boots and ear muffs ready too! Of coarse with the sunny 90 degree weather in So Cal I look rather strange..... So I am also wearing my flip flops.

Celebrating our 25th next year :)

CT

Same here! Ordering and trying on base layers and fleece feels weird when it's 90 (feels like 99) degrees outside. :cool:

I’m very disappointed to see everyone jammed into the bus like sardines with no middle isle access. Looks very claustrophobic and if you are in the middle you can see anything! How did you feel about that?

Edited by BonnieJB

I’m very disappointed to see everyone jammed into the bus like sardines with no middle isle access. Looks very claustrophobic and if you are in the middle you can see anything! How did you feel about that?

I'm guessing that's an optical illusion - there HAS to be a center aisle, otherwise you can't get to the seats in back. Unless they're making everyone climb over the seats to get there. :o:confused:

I was just there on a Princess cruise. Yes, it's an optical illusion, but the buses that they use in the Denali park are school buses. We were fortunate to be on a newer bus that has school bus dimensions but more modern seats and air circulation.

It's because the roads in Denali are small, and they don't do a lot of roadwork in order to preserve the animals not getting used to humans.

Steve

Thanks for the good word. It’s always nice to hear from the readers.

Anyone else want to comment it’s always welcome. Sometimes I feel like a lone palm on an island during a live review.

:cool:Always following with pleasure. And, warm greetings from the Holy Land:D

We turned the buss around in the originally attended direction and stopped on the side of the road to discover that it was actually.... a large moose.

That being said we were lucky to spot it doing 65 mph down the highway.

I had no idea moose were that fast.

Just an FYI, I just read in the Alaska forum that there is a flood warning for Mendenhall Lake and they have closed access to the lake. Flooding is supposed to peak tonight. Nugget Trail is already underwater but other trails and the Visitors Center are still open. Here is a link to the thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56572228#post56572228

The FB link in the thread is to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center and has a video of the flooding.

Not sure what you have planned for Juneau but figured you might want a heads up.

Following along too! Fantastic review and love your family! Thanks for taking the time to fill us in!

YW.

I’m here. Been here since the start. Enjoying this “Turf n Surf” review.

I need some turf in my diet.

I got my parka ready for the ride.

I have my rain gear, long johns, boots and ear muffs ready too! Of coarse with the sunny 90 degree weather in So Cal I look rather strange..... So I am also wearing my flip flops.

Celebrating our 25th next year :)

CT

Congrats on your anniversary. I’m putting my flip flops on tomorrow.

Did you upgrade from the "natural history" tour to the "wilderness" tour, to go farther into Denali?

LOL. No way I was getting up at 4am however out Tour was something spectacular.

Alaska is on our bucket list so this is great prep. Have a great time. Wonderful review as always! And it's 108 here so I feel a little cooler already....

Go have to do it.

Same here! Ordering and trying on base layers and fleece feels weird when it's 90 (feels like 99) degrees outside. :cool:

They are saying this is the hottest week of the year, and most likely all year.

As others said Bonnie, it is an optical illusion. Yes it is a bit smaller than a highway coach but it is very comfortable. It was all good with everyone on our bus.

Fun review! Thanks for letting us journey with you! Will be doing Land/Cruise adventure next year in May! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will love it.

Finally - someone else who hates raisins as much as I do.

High five to you.

Thank you for the review - We are booked on this trip a year from now! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Let’s hope wifi lasts.

[emoji41]Always following with pleasure. And, warm greetings from the Holy Land[emoji3]

We met some people from Israel on our tour and they are very happy with the weather hear. They said it is exceptionally hot back home.

Alaska has been on my bucket list for quite sometime. I feel like 2020 will be my year. Time to get the deposit money ready.

Do it.

So Andrew have you kissed or chased any moose today? [emoji16][emoji6]

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pucker up. You can pick the end you want.

7f0d6df2c3c0317823f6b73ab6d56e98.jpg

I barely slept on our June cruise, and I never saw “night” [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only true dark I’ve seen is the inside of the eyelids.

I had no idea moose were that fast.

And nasty too if they want to be.

That lunch looks delicious!! [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was amazing.

YW.

I need some turf in my diet.

Congrats on your anniversary. I’m putting my flip flops on tomorrow.

LOL. No way I was getting up at 4am however out Tour was something spectacular.

Go have to do it.

They are saying this is the hottest week of the year, and most likely all year.

As others said Bonnie, it is an optical illusion. Yes it is a bit smaller than a highway coach but it is very comfortable. It was all good with everyone on our bus.

You will love it.

High five to you.

Thank you everyone. Glad to hear there is a middle isle. We have been on a couple of excursions where they filled in the isle with jump seats. Glad that isn’t the case.

Just got caught up, and excited to join the others in following! I’ve been waiting for your Alaska trip since your last live review, when you mentioned it. [emoji846] We went two years ago, and hope to return in a few. We loved southbound on Radiance. Y’all have a wonderful trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums