Alaska Live, July 17th - 27th. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Love the facility’s lock on the door. Talk about keeping the wildlife out or is that to keep your family out? Privacy please is an understatement. Beautiful pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post.

Carla

I loved that video!! Following along your trip is wonderful...we cruised on Millennium at the end of June and had some DIY touring on the Kenai...didn't have the time to go to Denali...wonderful to see it now with your reporting! Thank you for taking the time to share.

How did you make the video? What software did you use to bring together the photos and the video clips? Also...how did you add the soundtrack? I don't need a detailed description...would just like a clue for the tools. Thanks!

Question of the day asked by someone on our bus.....

Can you seen the northern lights right now?

Good lord, it’s the land of the midnight sun. I so wanted to give the Captain Obvious answer and I didn’t.

Good lord, it’s the land of the midnight sun. I so wanted to give the Captain Obvious answer and I didn’t.

[emoji44][emoji44][emoji44]

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lol- last month it was still light out at midnight and 4am... not sure how we’d see the northern lights??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh oh. I guess I’m one of those who thought we could see the northern lights. In fact I thought I read that hotels have a sign up where they will call your room if the northern lights are visible. No??? There is no dark sky at all? I think I’m going to learn a lot in August when we are there!

Oh oh. I guess I’m one of those who thought we could see the northern lights. In fact I thought I read that hotels have a sign up where they will call your room if the northern lights are visible. No??? There is no dark sky at all? I think I’m going to learn a lot in August when we are there!

The best time to see the Northern Lights is mid to late September to April. Of course the farther north that you are, the better your chances of seeing them.

We lived in Southeast Alaska and only saw them once. We only lived there for a couple of years when my husband was in the service.

Andrew, thanks for the trip report. What an amazing time that you have had already! Your video is so great, beautiful and peaceful!

We did a few days in Anchorage on our own last year after the cruise. We went to the animal sanctuary only it was a very wet, rainy and cold day for us. I think you will have a nicer day. The grizzlies there are awesome. Check out their claws!

Safe travels and looking forward to the rest of your trip!

BTW, you will have the perfect spot to see Hubbard Glacier from your room and balcony. Order room service and you don’t even have to change out of your PJ’s![emoji846]

It should be sunny today when we are at the reserve. We are going to follow your plan regarding the glacier.

Thanks for the great review - looking forward to the rest of it! I will probably never get the chance to cruise/tour Alaska, so I live vicariously through reviews like yours.

I’m happy to have you along.

Really great video Andrew. The definition of wilderness.

Bob

We landed on the glacier for 20 minutes and I didn’t even know where to start with those pictures.

Love the facility’s lock on the door. Talk about keeping the wildlife out or is that to keep your family out? Privacy please is an understatement. Beautiful pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post.

Carla

There is no blowing that door off with that locking mechanism. YW for the photo sharing. I love to bring you all along.

I loved that video!! Following along your trip is wonderful...we cruised on Millennium at the end of June and had some DIY touring on the Kenai...didn't have the time to go to Denali...wonderful to see it now with your reporting! Thank you for taking the time to share.

How did you make the video? What software did you use to bring together the photos and the video clips? Also...how did you add the soundtrack? I don't need a detailed description...would just like a clue for the tools. Thanks!

I used iMovies on my iPad. The songs I found a few months ago and got them on iTunes. Though iMovies you are able to bring them both together. I typically start looking for music etc a month before the live review starts.

Safe travels to the port Andrew and family! Looking forward to the Royal suite scope [emoji3]

It should happen or at least a few pic here.

At this time of year you can get a midnight call too see the sun still up. In the winter you can a call for the northern lights.

We are on the road just now. We were to start at 8:30 but were an hour later because Christine our driver had to change a flat on the bus. She is Alaska Strong, and had a bit of help from another female bus driver. The women are tough up here.

I might add we were not allowed to help. Having worked and lived on a farm my entire life I wanted to get in and help but I sat back.

First leg of the trip.

b3ac88f373a17c5d4008d9d2c66001b9.png

Breakfast from today. Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with bacon.

76ce7b1691ae156cc65449ca1aee6312.jpg

Owens response to me eating all the food.

16235148523b853d743e436abdeea1af.jpg

Grandma got a reindeer sausage.

14f25b6ecf00151b958ce5a615a1c925.jpg

She said she really likes the sausage. Now she’s going for the tip. Total Sausage Party movie quote not to mention the scene where they cut the sausage up.

89c4eabe250dd8af6c6fc5d5adf14a76.jpg

Tell us all about the train transfer or the buses for your ride to the port and show us....pretty please!;p

Our trip to the port is on the same bus that we have been on every day with the the same driver and guide. We have a lunch stop in Anchorage and then another drive to Seward from Anchorage. We should to be the port around 5pm.

I think the people that fly in the day of can either take a bus or the train down to the ship. I have also read of others renting a car one way.

Alaska has a a big military presence. Saw some of your good men and women on the road today.

cd8fb50d398ed563cddff1c84153e4d7.jpg

f00058e07087513babd7119b7ca68595.jpg

And for those curious this is the price of fuel. It leaves Alaska in raw form heads to the lower 49 where it gets processed and shipped back up here.

82f16600e0b8062947454722b64b2ecd.jpg

That price is cheaper then what we are paying here in Central CA. But we pay a high gas tax here.

Edited to add: Were you around the Palmer area when you saw the military vehicles? I know there is a base somewhere around there.

That price is cheaper then what we are paying here in Central CA. But we pay a high gas tax here.

Edited to add: Were you around the Palmer area when you saw the military vehicles? I know there is a base somewhere around there.

Pretty much where we saw the military.

Side note we were just inducted into The Order of the Alaska Walrus by our tour guide.

Proof to come later.

Edited by A&L_Ont