Edge

JellyBean07

Yes, it is because of the spiral ramp in Eden designed with the Fibonacci sequence in mind. It does give the aft of the ship a bit of a lopsided look, though most of us will be inside looking out. :D

Here is a video that may help explain it:

https://search.aol.com/aol/video;_ylt=A2KIbMs5_ldbr5wAYlVpCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTB0N2Noc21lBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNwaXZz?q=celebrity+edge+eden&s_it=searchtabs&v_t=comsearch-txtlnkusaolp00000051#id=6&vid=1daea59020044554b30e8b212d58319d&action=view

enhance

OK, I‘ll give it a go, and some ship designer will nail me, but......I served in the US Navy, and I‘ve seen writeups on ship superstructure and their affects on drag (making it harder to drive through the water) and it’s impact on helocpoters trying to approach and land on the ship, by distrusting the airflow around the ship.

Designers try to reduce the wind-drag caused by the ship‘s superstructure as it ’flows‘ through the air. One major issue is airpockects and ’vortices‘ which is air/wind that is interputed by the superstrucutre being driven through the air. These vortices increase drag and require more engine power to overcome. So they try to make ship superstrucutres a bit ’aeordynamic‘, which is really really tough when you want to have max number of cabins and decks.

If the aft superstrucutre is straight up from the stern, it will set up a major airpocket behind it, increasing drag and forming vorticies. If the aft superstrucuter is slanted towards the bow (front) as it goes up, the wind from the fornt of the ship will not form as large of a airpocket and will not cause as much disturbance as it flows, decreasing vortices.

I’m sure there are many other reasons, but that is one of them that I‘m a bit aware of. OK......blow it out of the water!!

Den

• Like 1