Upgrade Fairy

Tonight checked out our British Isle Cruise for this Thursday out of Amsterdam and saw we where upgraded from interior to ocean view:D. Reprinted our set sail with the new room number and doing the happy dance.

Edited by fmcsk

Tonight checked out our British Isle Cruise for this Thursday out of Amsterdam and saw we where upgraded from interior to ocean view:D. Reprinted our set sail with the new room number and doing the happy dance.

Had you booked an interior or an interior guarantee category?

And you're not on your way....enjoy...what a great itinerary.

So if you get an upgrade they don’t contact you in anyway you just have to notice it in your docs? Surprised they wouldn’t call or email to let people know. I’m taking my first cruise with RC this fall so still learning how they do things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So if you get an upgrade they don’t contact you in anyway you just have to notice it in your docs? Surprised they wouldn’t call or email to let people know. I’m taking my first cruise with RC this fall so still learning how they do things.

You may learn they are inconsistent! In my case, I think a family had an emergency and a bunch of rooms opened up just a couple of days before the cruise, we weren't told till we arrived at the pier.

We've had a few upgrades and every time we found out via seeing that our documents had changed - no email or phone call.

We've had a few upgrades and every time we found out via seeing that our documents had changed - no email or phone call.

I'm told the UPSELL fairy calls. (Not me yet anyway)

Am also one that does not get any notification on upgrades, but I don't expect to since my profile is pegged as "automatic upgrade".

Was simply a wonderful surprise to see my cabin numbers had changed on checking to print luggage tags just before sail date. ;)

Congrats OP!! :D:cool:

Am also one that does not get any notification on upgrades, but I don't expect to since my profile is pegged as "automatic upgrade".

Was simply a wonderful surprise to see my cabin numbers had changed on checking to print luggage tags just before sail date. ;)

Congrats OP!! :D:cool:

I miss the days when you could check that on the website. I set mine to do not upgrade on Jewel last spring because I wanted to keep my corner aft D1. Wouldn't you know it almost everyone in our roll call got an upgrade. Oh, well, had a great cruise anyway. I've asked to be set back to auto upgrade, but you can only trust it happened.

Surprised they wouldn’t call or email to let people know. I’m taking my first cruise with RC this fall so still learning how they do things.

Welcome to RCI, where, thankfully, the ship board experience is much better than their shore side performance.

I always had to call and get the documents reissued. The only thing that changed automatically was the set sail pass.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought you could only get a free upgrade if you were Diamond Plus or Pinnacle?

That's a relatively recent change. Used to be lower levels could get free upgrades too, but that was back in the day before the bean counters completely took over the management.

Same here. Always spotted upgrade on paperwork/computer or at Pier, never notice even when used Travel Agent...

How awesome for you. Enjoy every minute! :cool:

This was our first upgrade after 24 Royal cruises and a wronderfull suprise. We are Diamond Plus and was surprised that we Finally got an unexpected upgrade. Thanks for all the well wisher:)