Can I find out how many Elites on upcoming cruise?

IME, no. I've asked before and they've said no. If you know the FCC, you could email him/her and maybe they'd tell you but I don't think they even get the numbers until the day of sailing or the night before. I know some of them but would feel awkward asking for a favor. Your roll call might be a very small indication. Sorry, guess that's not much help.

You could always do a load yourself if the wait time is too long. Just a thought. We had free laundry last cruise, but I only sent the sturdy stuff. I did a load of lycra and such just to be on the safe side.

To answer your question though, I don't think they will tell you in advance. After boarding, the CC host will give numbers, but that doesn't help you plan.

I am now having flashbacks to a looong thread from a couple or so years ago by an Elite member who packed so few clothes for a 29 day Pacific cruise that even the slightest delay in returning their daily laundry meant they were completely stuck for something to wear.

Don't be that person.

Plan on 72 hours. That seems to be the new norm. Be happy if it comes back sooner. It could take longer. Passengers who are paying for laundry and those in full suites get priority.

What I’ve wound up doing is sending out pants and tops; then, I do one load of my underwear and hang it up to dry overnight.

Plan on 72 hours. That seems to be the new norm. Be happy if it comes back sooner. It could take longer. Passengers who are paying for laundry and those in full suites get priority.

What I’ve wound up doing is sending out pants and tops; then, I do one load of my underwear and hang it up to dry overnight.

Hi Pam,

I can’t stop laughing. I can picture my underwear hanging all over the cabin to dry. :o LOL

Tony

I still say...

Buy token

Load machine

Use token

Head to bar for ONE drink

Head to laundry room

Buy token

Load dryer

Use token

Head to bar for ONE more drink

Head back to laundry room

Pickup clothing

Return to stateroom and drop clothing

Head back to bar for three more drinks.

Don’t lose these directions as you might screw up the amounts of drinks.

1. Not all ship self laundry take a token. Some take your cruise card.

2. Sometimes (manytimes?) when you go to the self laundry the machines are in use so you wait or come back later.

3. Even if the machine has stopped, it is full of some pax's clothes which may remain there for hours until the pax finally returns to claim them. Lot of this goes on.

3a. Pax have been known to remove clothing left after the machine cycle is done by piling them up on something. This can lead to an altercation.

4. Elite laundry has been taking 3 days turn around. Plan ahead and don't cut it too short. We don't want to smell you because you misjudged.

It has been my experience longer cruises (14+ days) and TAs tend to have a lot of elite aboard. Our last TA had almost 800 elite aboard. We like to go to the Captain's Circle Party to see who the three most traveled are and how many of each category are aboard.

Plan on 72 hours. That seems to be the new norm. Be happy if it comes back sooner. It could take longer. Passengers who are paying for laundry and those in full suites get priority./quote]

I generally get mine returned within 36 hours (e,g. Tuesday AM to Wednesday PM)

I agree with Pam, plan on 3 days. If it's less that's a plus.

If you are taking a longer cruise, a Trans Atlantic, Circle the Pacific, 28 day South Pacific, or other, plan on lots on lots of Elites. If it is a week long cruise, like Alaska or Mexico, then not too many Elites.

Another option. On longer cruises, I have purchased at a discount store an inexpensive package of underwear which I discarded along the way left me no dirty underwear to launder or pack. It worked for me.

I can't remember which ship but thought I would die laughing...

Just happened to pass by Guest Services when I heard an irate ( I am guessing Elite) slamming his fists on the desk and demanding his underwear!! LMAO!!!

Couldn't believe my ears.

I would imagine most of you have done or heard about bringing old or inexpensive undies & socks and just tossing them after using them once.

I have add lost & damaged items on Princess as well as at our cleaners at home...I have been compensated for both.

On Princess the item was less than 100usd so they handled it on the ship.......

EDit..just read a few posts above, so see someone else does what I do.....

but I have another experience to relate......Recently on embarkation day someone in a Caribe Cabin had a line extending diagonally across their balcony with all their unmentionables hanging there drying.....In all my years of cruising I had never seen that.

Edited by land lover

Color me skeptical because we do not think the too typical 72 hour laundry turn-around times has anything to do with the number of Elites. What we think is that Princess is doing their best to discourage passengers from using their free laundry perks. Consider that HAL gives unlimited free laundry to their 4 and 5 Star Mariners. We have been on long HAL cruises where 75% + of the passengers were eligible for free laundry and the normal turn around was by the end of the next day. In fact, the HAL Officer in charge of the laundry operation told us this is the company policy.

So now we get to Princess where the laundry turn around time used to be 1-2 days. Suddenly we see letters in our cabin (on nearly every cruise) saying that it will take at least 72 hours for laundry turn around. For us this means we actually send out more loads of smaller batches which I suspect is defeating the purpose of Princess's policy.

Hank

Color me skeptical because we do not think the too typical 72 hour laundry turn-around times has anything to do with the number of Elites. What we think is that Princess is doing their best to discourage passengers from using their free laundry perks. Consider that HAL gives unlimited free laundry to their 4 and 5 Star Mariners. We have been on long HAL cruises where 75% + of the passengers were eligible for free laundry and the normal turn around was by the end of the next day. In fact, the HAL Officer in charge of the laundry operation told us this is the company policy.

So now we get to Princess where the laundry turn around time used to be 1-2 days. Suddenly we see letters in our cabin (on nearly every cruise) saying that it will take at least 72 hours for laundry turn around. For us this means we actually send out more loads of smaller batches which I suspect is defeating the purpose of Princess's policy.

Hank

Interesting opinion....but I think it might have to do more with the availability of the room steward, than some conspiracy by Princess. Even in Aft suites we have had the steward ask us how quickly we need it back....as they have stated they do not want to make a special trip for just one cabin to the laundry pick up area.

Sounds like for HAL, laundry is a priority obviously for Princess it is not....

I still say...

Buy token

Load machine

Use token

Head to bar for ONE drink

Head to laundry room

Buy token

Load dryer

Use token

Head to bar for ONE more drink

Head back to laundry room

Pickup clothing

Return to stateroom and drop clothing

Head back to bar for three more drinks.

Don’t lose these directions as you might screw up the amounts of drinks.

made me laugh! Needed it!

I'm not elite! So, if you pay for laundry services, would the wait be less?

I think that question would have to be addressed with your cabin attendant once you board the ship....with paid laundry, u have an option to pay more and have it expedited.

Prior to being elite which was awhile ago our paid laundry came back often the same day, without expedite....but what is happening today? I would ask the ship personnel...and request a refund if you believe you have not received it back when promised, if it inconvenienced you.