Favorite food onboard?

MamaToMany

Brussels sprouts in Cagneys (never had such perfect brussels sprouts, almost sweet)

Fries & coleslaw in the buffet (unbelievably difficult to get good fries in Ireland & not too much dressing on the ncl coleslaw)

amelia3171, I think your Brussels sprouts comment killed the thread! [emoji13]

Observation from our last cruise with NCL:

1. Gent requesting sliced meat ( ie turkey, roast beef) be placed on a bun he cut and prepared with condiments. Quiet brilliant and fresher than coldcuts. Great lunch snack.

Somewhat on topic, I hope :)

I do at times on every cruise at the carving station.

• 3 months later...
On 8/16/2018 at 4:08 PM, basicprincess24 said:

I love the chocolate lava cake! We order it multiple times throughout the cruise

Lava cake used to be on the menu every night in the MDR but now seems to be limited evenings.  Anyone see it multiple nights recently?

1 hour ago, Mike_DeA said:

Lava cake used to be on the menu every night in the MDR but now seems to be limited evenings.  Anyone see it multiple nights recently?

yes. We were on the 10-day Jade cruise (which turned into a 3 day only cruise after a mechanical failure), and in those 3 days we had the Warm Chocolate Lava cake twice. It was delicious - but the trick to enjoy it 100% is to have a bite of all three ingredients at the same time (cake, gelato and strawberry compote). By themselves they are not good. It has to be a combination!

1 hour ago, Mike_DeA said:

They definitely had it in the MDRs multiple nights on the Escape in October. My SO had it at least three times!

Edited by JamieLogical

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

yes. We were on the 10-day Jade cruise (which turned into a 3 day only cruise after a mechanical failure), and in those 3 days we had the Warm Chocolate Lava cake twice. It was delicious - but the trick to enjoy it 100% is to have a bite of all three ingredients at the same time (cake, gelato and strawberry compote). By themselves they are not good. It has to be a combination!

38 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

They definitely had it in the MDRs multiple nights on the Escape in October. My SO had it at least three times!

Thanks. I don't eat in the MDR often if solo, so I just must have picked the wrong nights.  I've learned to check the dessert menu at the hostess station before committing to an MDR for the evening.

Itchy&Scratchy - I'm fine with the gelato or the cake alone, but not the strawberry...

6 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

Itchy&Scratchy - I'm fine with the gelato or the cake alone, but not the strawberry...

it didn't work separately for either of us (4 of us). Gelato is not sweet, the cake is semi sweet but not good by itself, but the strawberry compote make the combination an explosion of taste!

Haven Breakfast:  Tahitian French toast with berries and mascarpone.  Also their almond and chocolate flavored croissants

Ocean Blue calamari and their grilled lobster dinner

La Cucina shrimp ravioli with lobster sauce and Tiramisu

The salad bar at Moderno and their grilled pineapple because it is a nice change from all the meat

Nachos and fish tacos at Margaritavile

And the room service pizza because sometimes that just fits what you are looking for late at night when you don't want to leave the room  : )

Of course there are soooo many more things that are yummy!!!