Least favorite food on NCL???

cruiseagona

I know this is repeating, but it bears repeating:

The scrambled eggs on thebuffet are clearly to be avoided; and the hamburger and hotdog rolls crumble,most likely because of having been frozen (I choose to use the bread offered instead).

I definitely agree with this. Can't have scrambled eggs onboard because I think they use the powdered stuff (even in the dining room) and the texture isn't right!

They are not powered, they are made from real eggs. The eggs are sometimes a little loose, running etc.. because they are sitting on top of a steamer. If you really want eggs go to the omelet station and ask for 2-3 eggs cooked how you like

Ditto the Scambled Eggs anywhere on board.

Buffet Mac and Cheese

Cornets appetizer in LeBistro

The frozen rubbery Calamari at LaCucina

Green Tea cake at Teppanyaki

Chicken Wings at O'Sheehans (i'll never understand the love fest for these breaded gross wings!)

They are not powered, they are made from real eggs. The eggs are sometimes a little loose, running etc.. because they are sitting on top of a steamer. If you really want eggs go to the omelet station and ask for 2-3 eggs cooked how you like

This. They are definitely real eggs, they just can't sit very long and hold their texture very well. They are just fine if you get them right after they bring them out. Well, sometimes. Sometimes they simply undercook them and they are snotty. I just get mine at the omelet station.

This. They are definitely real eggs, they just can't sit very long and hold their texture very well. They are just fine if you get them right after they bring them out. Well, sometimes. Sometimes they simply undercook them and they are snotty. I just get mine at the omelet station.

I've been lucky enough once to get them as they were bringing them out, they were perfect. After 10-15 of steam......

I avoid buffet cakes on most lines. They always look much better than they taste. They're just not worth the calories.

I avoid the buffet scrambled eggs on all lines. When I eat buffet eggs, they come from the omelet maker. There is one exception. I did like the buffet eggs benedict on the Breakaway.

The sandwiches on the buffet always look so appealing to me. Then, I take a bite and realize it has mayo (aka the most disgusting substance known to mankind) on it. It fools me every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lamb medallions at Le Bistro. They use to have some lovely lamb chops. Not any more.

A Le Bistro menu posted this May shows medallions of veal but roast rack of lamb. So does a menu posted in June.

Green tea cake at Teppanyaki (I couldn't even take more than one bite), the lamb at LeBistro( they put some kind of olive stuff on it and even when you ask them to leave it off you can still taste it),any meat served on BBQ night in the buffet except for the minute steaks. Everything was so chewy it was inedible (this was on the Jade).

Another vote for that green desert (all of it, not just the cake) at Teppanyaki. Just awful tasting.

But the one that disappoints the most is actually a bit unfair. My favorite desert on any cruise is Carnival's Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 scoops ice cream, please). NCL has something similar (not sure what it's called) but it doesn't even come close to being as good as the one on CCL. So, whenever I used to get it I'd be so disappointed...