Keeping valuables safe at beach

klb1978

Wondering what you recommend to keep valuables safe when at the beach? We have a family cruise coming up in one month and the kids all love swimming in the ocean. I don’t want to worry about our valuables being safe back at the chairs as we swim. Thanks!

I use the waterproof bag that hangs around my neck. It fits my galaxy phone, cash and cards. It is tight. I don't recommend it if you are going to be constantly taking out the phone. (the bag will tear down the sides) It also says you can submerge the bag-I have dunked it fully underwater for a second or two and the phone stayed dry but I just don't trust the completely waterproof claim.

Wondering what you recommend to keep valuables safe when at the beach? We have a family cruise coming up in one month and the kids all love swimming in the ocean. I don’t want to worry about our valuables being safe back at the chairs as we swim. Thanks!

Enough people have recommended this locking bag that we just ordered one. Seems like a great solution. We ordered the large which some have said holds 2 towels, snorkel gear and more.

http://www.kyssbags.com

We have a Kyss bag and I absolutely love it. Yes, someone could cut thru the bag with a knife but I don't think that's likely. I just loop the chain thru the chair or a nearby tree and lock the zipper. I have the large size and it holds plenty.

Agreed that it's unlikely a thief would take the time to cut through a bag rather than just scooping up any loose bags they can find. Glad you love it--we are looking forward to receiving ours. They say on the website that lead time is 3-5 weeks..

Enough people have recommended this locking bag that we just ordered one. Seems like a great solution. We ordered the large which some have said holds 2 towels, snorkel gear and more.

http://www.kyssbags.com

Probably better off leaving stuff under a towel rather than that thing telling everyone here's my stuff

I only take the sea pass and a credit card off the ship, maybe a few dollars for taxi's if we are on out own, a photo copy of our passports and that is it. The rest of our valuables we keep in the safe in the room.

I'll buck the trend and say I don't really do much. I only bring my cell phone, a credit card or two, a bit of cash, and maybe my kindle. They're usually in a makeup bag and at the bottom of my beach bag. But i live in Florida and go to the beach often and don't really see these beaches as any different.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'll buck the trend and say I don't really do much. I only bring my cell phone, a credit card or two, a bit of cash, and maybe my kindle. They're usually in a makeup bag and at the bottom of my beach bag. But i live in Florida and go to the beach often and don't really see these beaches as any different.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We also live in FL and this is what I do as well. I guess I was trying to think of a way we could just all lock up any phones and such and not worry. We are traveling with four families total.

What "valuables" are you bringing? No one will bother your tee shirt or flip flops....cash, credit cards and ship's key can all get wet! A velcro pocket on dad's swim trunks will be just fine!

Yes to above and I agree it is ok to get rest. Only other thing we will bring is a phone or camera for pictures and videos

Agreed that it's unlikely a thief would take the time to cut through a bag rather than just scooping up any loose bags they can find. Glad you love it--we are looking forward to receiving ours. They say on the website that lead time is 3-5 weeks..

I have looked at these too. I’m just concerned as our cruise is in four weeks. Also I’m doubtful my husband will agree to the cost ;p

All that Kyss bag will do is give you a false sense of security allowing you to be distracted and not even noticing that someone cut the cable or the bag. I would rather invest in a water proof case such as otter box for my phone. Everything else can get wet. I usually take some ziplock bags from home for my money and cards. I have a swimsuit with a built in water tight pocket that I put that stuff in. There is no reason to be taking an iPad or kindle to the beach if you know that you are going to be in the water most of the day. The only thing that Kyss bag is good for is to hog a lounge chair on board the ship. You can probably chain two lounges together with one bag.

What "valuables" are you bringing? No one will bother your tee shirt or flip flops....cash, credit cards and ship's key can all get wet! A velcro pocket on dad's swim trunks will be just fine!

The ONLY THING I've ever had stolen at a beach was my flip-flops. A really hot day and I had to hot-foot-it back to my car barefooted. I know someone took them because the sand was so hot. The bad part was that they were $55 Reef flip-flops.

My favorite method is to just hide them in the sand. I usually have a ziplock baggy for my cell phone to keep it dry. I just put credit card and cash in with the phone and burry it about 1" deep in the sand. Out of sight, out of mind. If they want my clothes or towel, they can have them because they must really need them more than me.

My favorite method is to just hide them in the sand. I usually have a ziplock baggy for my cell phone to keep it dry. I just put credit card and cash in with the phone and burry it about 1" deep in the sand. Out of sight, out of mind. If they want my clothes or towel, they can have them because they must really need them more than me.

That's actually a good idea, but not for me....I'd probably forget and leave it all buried!😀