Explain the cabin availability on this ship and sailing date please?

Jimbo

No regular balcony cabins for 2 passengers, but lots and I means lots of cabins that hold 3 or 4 passengers.

This is around spring break time too where you think lot's of multi passenger cabins would be sold.

Can anyone explain it? Group cruise of somekind or something else? Just can't put my finger on it what is happening on this sailing?

But why no balcony cabins for 2?

Ship: Serenade of the Seas

Sale Date:March 4, 2019

Jimbo:)

Have you tried calling or speaking with a TA?

TA....but no answer yet. Didn't want to call RCCL myself.........figuring either they wouldn't know or I would get 4 different answers.

It’s an 11 night cruise which is too long for spring break crowd. It also is going to the southern route (Aruba, Bonaire, curaçao, castries, St. John). Also, just because the room will accommodate 3 or 4, doesn’t mean they won’t book 2 into it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TA....but no answer yet. Didn't want to call RCCL myself.........figuring either they wouldn't know or I would get 4 different answers.

Your TA isn’t going to be able to tell you anything different. Your right about not getting a correct answer from Royal, their phone reps won’t know and will just make something up.

The only thing that I can offer is that it’s an 11 night cruise so despite it being in the spring break time period you are not apt to find that many kids on board. They will be on the 7 nights or less cruises.

It’s an 11 night cruise which is too long for spring break crowd. It also is going to the southern route (Aruba, Bonaire, curaçao, castries, St. John). Also, just because the room will accommodate 3 or 4, doesn’t mean they won’t book 2 into it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand that have booked cabins before that hold more then 2 people for my wife and I before but you can also get the rccl reps that say our system won't let us book 2 persons in a 3 person cabin. Been down that road before and it's a hassle.

Saw this sailing and I'm debating switching to it from our 12 night Anthem cruise., once I see it priced out I can decide.......but right now can't get a true price on it. I all ready know I'm going to have to pay teh extra $100 per person change fee.

Losing a day on the cruise isn't that big of deal we would just go to Fort Lauderdale 2 days early, have some Southwest airline credit too that we will lose that should cover at least one of the round trip tickets needed from PHL to FLL

By taking this cruise too, we will be out of the cold longer from the northeast cruise leaving from Bayonne.........we can drive to that port though.

No website is allowing two people to book a balcony cabin on this cruise.

Just call RC and see if they will let you book it over the phone.

(or you could book a Junior Suite; that is available for two)

April 15th cruise is the same way..........

I need to know numbers before deciding to switch from Anthem to Serenade and I booked though a travel agency.........., so I can't just call myself.

I can't believe every single balcony cabin for 2 people on this cruise is booked. Must be some kind of computer glitch blocking them.

I'm paying $3000 total with $ 525 OBC for Anthem.

I need to know numbers before deciding to switch from Anthem to Serenade and I booked though a travel agency.........., so I can't just call myself.

I can't believe every single balcony cabin for 2 people on this cruise is booked. Must be some kind of computer glitch blocking them.

So just do the Anthem cruise.

So just do the Anthem cruise.

Yeah we have a fall back, my wife and I like the Radiance Class ships though...........and don't have to prebook everything and deal with the extra 1500 passengers.

What do you know about Bonaire, Serenade goes there, we have never been there before.......Kind of sick of San Juan and St. Maarten, where Anthem goes.......

We have done Quantum.

Yeah we have a fall back, my wife and I like the Radiance Class ships though...........and don't have to prebook everything and deal with the extra 1500 passengers.

What do you know about Bonaire, Serenade goes there, we have never been there before.......Kind of sick of San Juan and St. Maarten, where Anthem goes.......

We have done Quantum.

Loooooooooove Bonaire. I assume that you snorkel? Off-the-charts fabulous snorkeling in Bonaire. (if you dive, even better)

http://www.woodwindbonaire.com

We have done Quantum.

FWIW, you only "have to" book 3 shows on the Anthem. The other 9 nights, just go to the theater and plunk yourselves down.

Most of the Balcony cabins on her hold 3-4 Passengers, there isn't even many of those left. With that Royal trying to fill them with only 3/4 which is common lately on Serenade. I've done/doing 200+ nites on Serenade last 6yrs. Lot of repeaters, this southern route only done 3 times in 2019 and prices have been cheaper then past yrs. Choice is book 3 or 4, then maybe able change later or have couple no-shows and get taxes back. Or wait for cancellations of 2pass cabins then book..

Edited by ONECRUISER

I can't believe every single balcony cabin for 2 people on this cruise is booked. Must be some kind of computer glitch blocking them.:)

This is not a glitch - it's a strategy RCI is using to maximize capacity, seems to be a new thing - some other sailings on other ships are that way.

This is not a glitch - it's a strategy RCI is using to maximize capacity, seems to be a new thing - some other sailings on other ships are that way.

If it's a strategy, and it appears to be working as designed, then it must also be a glitch, the RCI website has never worked as designed!!;););)

I just did a mock booking on an online TA site for cabin 8154 (6D) for $3603 (plus $25 booking fee). This was the only 2 person balcony that was available.

I just did a mock booking on an online TA site for cabin 8154 (6D) for $3603 (plus $25 booking fee). This was the only 2 person balcony that was available.

Gone in a flash, don't see it now. If those prices are correct, prices would have to come down to around $2500 with our Diamond Plus discount to make the switch from Anthem to Serenade.

Does it really make $$$ sense though to hold all those cabin's back that hold 3 or 4 persons when this is a 11 day cruise that won't get the spring breaker's or even families when the March 4th date might be early for spring breaks at public schools.

Jimbo

Loooooooooove Bonaire. I assume that you snorkel? Off-the-charts fabulous snorkeling in Bonaire. (if you dive, even better)

www.woodwindbonaire.com

That sounds like that would be fun, snorkeling, no diving.

FWIW, you only "have to" book 3 shows on the Anthem. The other 9 nights, just go to the theater and plunk yourselves down.

What are the 3 shows to reserve ahead.........and for the first time we have anytime dining, how does that work on this ship, can we just show up and request a table for 2.

We will be booking some of the pay Restaurants too, but that is hard to do to not knowing the show times, etc.

I remember on Quantum we had to reserve dinner each night in what ever dining room you wanted to eat at? A real pain!

Edited by Jimbo

What do you know about Bonaire

Bonaire's Luc (Lac) Bay is a paradise if you like floating or walking through shallow water for about a mile. I so long to go back there.... Now, the beach itself is nothing to write home about, but we spent the entire 5 hours in water and never wanted to get out.

Bonaire's Klein Bonaire is an uninhabited island with no amenities, but perfect snorkeling.

Gone in a flash, don't see it now. If those prices are correct, prices would have to come down to around $2500 with our Diamond Plus discount to make the switch from Anthem to Serenade.

Does it really make $$$ sense though to hold all those cabin's back that hold 3 or 4 persons when this is a 11 day cruise that won't get the spring breaker's or even families when the March 4th date might be early for spring breaks at public schools.

Jimbo

8154 (6D) is currently available, plus, some TAs have group space of GTY cabins that are available.

Steve

That sounds like that would be fun, snorkeling, no diving.

What are the 3 shows to reserve ahead.........and for the first time we have anytime dining, how does that work on this ship, can we just show up and request a table for 2.

We will be booking some of the pay Restaurants too, but that is hard to do to not knowing the show times, etc.

I remember on Quantum we had to reserve dinner each night in what ever dining room you wanted to eat at? A real pain!

We Will Rock You

The Gift

Spectra’s Cabaret