Carrying bottled water off the ship in port

ladybub101

You can bring any sized water bottle off the ship in any Caribbean port. I've brought the large VIFP free water with me several times, esp if going to a beach or beach resort for the day. I'll bring a smaller bottle from the 12 pack I ordered for the cabin on more active tours.

You can bring any sized water bottle off the ship in any Caribbean port. I've brought the large VIFP free water with me several times, esp if going to a beach or beach resort for the day. I'll bring a smaller bottle from the 12 pack I ordered for the cabin on more active tours.

Do you know if the container needs to be sealed? We plan to take a 3L hydration back-pack with at HMC and Grand Turk in addition to 4 bottles of water.

Do you know if the container needs to be sealed? We plan to take a 3L hydration back-pack with at HMC and Grand Turk in addition to 4 bottles of water.
I always take my hydration pack,there is no one there that checks what you are taking off the ship.

I usually go up to the lido deck and fill the pack up with ice to keep it cool longer.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Forums mobile app

I always take my hydration pack,there is no one there that checks what you are taking off the ship.

I usually go up to the lido deck and fill the pack up with ice to keep it cool longer.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Forums mobile app

Thanks:) We plan to mostly fill it with ice and top with water.

We bring a small soft side cooler to take water off ship, no one cares. Coming back on is when they check and care.

They might not let you bring bottle back ON after your time ashore. Take a bottle...there are drinks on land, if you need them!
You are allowed to bring unopened Carnival water back on the ship. For any other opened bottle, they'll probably make you drink it or toss it before getting back on the ship.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

You are allowed to bring unopened Carnival water back on the ship. For any other opened bottle, they'll probably make you drink it or toss it before getting back on the ship.

This is one of those hit or miss things. We usually have a partially consumed bottle and have always brought them on (but of course we are prepared to throw it away if asked).

This is one of those hit or miss things. We usually have a partially consumed bottle and have always brought them on (but of course we are prepared to throw it away if asked).

I don't ever remember being asked to dump water before reboarding a ship.

From Carnival's website, the beverage policy for Ports of Call is:

"A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard as well as Carnival branded bottled water previously purchased onboard. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person."

Like at all of Carnival's policies, YMMV and this may or may not be enforced, but you could be required to dispose of any bottles other than unopened Carnival water or liquor to be held until debarkation.