B2B on two different ships

PH8

If someone cruises B2B on two different RCCL ships,yet same port..will RCCL transfer the luggage for you?

Or do you have to lug it yourself?

Thanks!

Not considered a B2B (consecutive) cruise. Been called Side by Side (SBS) a lot on CC. Anyway no. It's all on you.

Checkout the roll call for the Symphony of the seas transatlantic. There is a post by someone setting up a RCL luggage transfer. It has been a while but I think it was Internetwhizz setting something up with RCL. There are a dozen or so getting off the Symphony and getting back on the Mariner on NOV.9th and she was getting RCL to take and move everyones luggage from one ship to the other.

If someone cruises B2B on two different RCCL ships,yet same port..will RCCL transfer the luggage for you?

Or do you have to lug it yourself?

Thanks!

They didn’t do it for us, a few years ago. In fact that was when Royal Caribbean was leaving out of both terminals in Port Canaveral and the RCCL agent told me just to simply walk my luggage from one terminal to the other terminal for the second cruise. Obviously not possible.

We used offsite parking for those two cruises. We got off the first cruise, got on the shuttle for the parking lot, put a few things in and out of a suitcase that was in the car, then got back on the shuttle at the parking lot and went to the terminal for the second cruise. Worked out fine.

Let us know how it works out.

M

Thanks.......guess it is not the norm.......was just wondering...

and for the record,I did a search for SBS(as I was told that is the term used here on CC) and nothing pulled up.

I still say it is a b2b........if one is cruising back to back......but whatever.Whatever you call it,I guess the answer is no.........I did email the concierge to ask....waiting to hear what he says.

They didn’t do it for us, a few years ago. In fact that was when Royal Caribbean was leaving out of both terminals in Port Canaveral and the RCCL agent told me just to simply walk my luggage from one terminal to the other terminal for the second cruise. Obviously not possible.

We used offsite parking for those two cruises. We got off the first cruise, got on the shuttle for the parking lot, put a few things in and out of a suitcase that was in the car, then got back on the shuttle at the parking lot and went to the terminal for the second cruise. Worked out fine.

Let us know how it works out.

M

Same here, no longer offered like years ago. Daughter was in Suite and did Side-by-Side last Winter. Was No-Go, Royal had her do it herself getting to ship right next to her first. No biggie...

At port everglades in FLL I was able to get the concierge to arrange for transportation on a shuttle between pier 29 and pier 18.

I had to take my luggage off the ship and put it in the shuttle bus.

Saved a taxi ride.

Have done this numerous times.

We have done this twice so far and we had to take care of our luggage and ride over to the next terminal ourselves. The last time, the taxi driver was peeved when we got into the cab as it would be such a short ride. I just told the driver...Look we will give you $15 as if we are going to the airport. I figured we needed to get to our next cruise terminal and the driver was not out of a trip to the airport. An expensive 5 min ride ….no biggie...just part of us wanting to keep the zen from the 1st cruise and carry it over to the 2nd one :D

We have done this twice so far and we had to take care of our luggage and ride over to the next terminal ourselves. The last time, the taxi driver was peeved when we got into the cab as it would be such a short ride. I just told the driver...Look we will give you $15 as if we are going to the airport. I figured we needed to get to our next cruise terminal and the driver was not out of a trip to the airport. An expensive 5 min ride ….no biggie...just part of us wanting to keep the zen from the 1st cruise and carry it over to the 2nd one :D

Taxi driver should have been thrilled with that deal - our last trip to FLL from the port cost under $7.00.

Sailing Feb 16 to 23 on MSC Seaside then boarding Symphony for 23rd sailing. Royals new terminal should be open, and it looks too far from terminal g to walk to. I guess a taxi is our only hope.

Yeah, we made a taxi drivers day when we got off the MSC Seaside and had to go across the highway to the Empress of the Seas docked by the RCI office building. He did it, but bitched all the way so we would give him more.

I told him just leave the "flag down"(so to speak) and do it for $30 cash in his pocket. It was worth just to not deal with the luggage.

Earlier this year we did a SBSBS on three different cruise lines. But, if it's not the same one does it revert back to b2b2b? :D

Anyway, we schlepped our luggage to all three. No. 2 was basically the other end of the terminal building, while #3 was a 10 minute walk.

This was in Tampa where we went from Terminal 2 to 3 to 6.

For the record,I did a search for SBS(as I was told that is the term used here on CC) and nothing pulled up.

I still say it is a b2b........if one is cruising back to back......but whatever. Whatever you call it,I guess the answer is no.........I did email the concierge to ask....waiting to hear what he says.

This is true. The term 'side to side' is a term ONLY used by the teenie tiny percentage of the cruising population that exist right here on Cruise Critic.

In the real world, in regards to an actual cruise line company themselves, the term 'Back To Back' is the only term used. The term 'Side To Side' does not exist within any cruise line company.

This is true. The term 'side to side' is a term ONLY used by the teenie tiny percentage of the cruising population that exist right here on Cruise Critic.

In the real world, in regards to an actual cruise line company themselves, the term 'Back To Back' is the only term used. The term 'Side To Side' does not exist within any cruise line company.

Actually, Royal Caribbean uses the terms “consecutive cruise/cruiser”.

Actually, Royal Caribbean uses the terms “consecutive cruise/cruiser”.

Ok, 'Consecutive Cruise, Back To Back', and so on....

The fact still remains that 'Side By Side' is not an industry term used by any cruise line whatsoever & is only a term used by a teenie tiny percentage of the cruising population that exist right here on Cruise Critic.

Checkout the roll call for the Symphony of the seas transatlantic. There is a post by someone setting up a RCL luggage transfer. It has been a while but I think it was Internetwhizz setting something up with RCL. There are a dozen or so getting off the Symphony and getting back on the Mariner on NOV.9th and she was getting RCL to take and move everyones luggage from one ship to the other.
Same on the AD snowbird repo. A bunch of folks are going SBS to Allure and RCI is going to shuttle the folks & their luggage. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53305551&postcount=316

Ok, 'Consecutive Cruise, Back To Back', and so on....

The fact still remains that 'Side By Side' is not an industry term used by any cruise line whatsoever & is only a term used by a teenie tiny percentage of the cruising population that exist right here on Cruise Critic.

Cruised over 30yrs and been on Cruise Critic now just over 20yrs, it's Term I'm familiar with. Learned Side by Side from older cruisers...

Cruised over 30yrs and been on Cruise Critic now just over 20yrs, it's Term I'm familiar with. Learned Side by Side from older cruisers...

We've done lots of B2B (consecutive, by cruise line definition) cruises but never a SBS. B2B and SBS are the acronyms I first heard from others here on CC.