Class question - Reflection

skiorcruise

So far it is the latest and supposedly greatest ship in the fleet until the Edge is launched

A few things were changed and added compared to the other S Class ships but for some reason it doesn’t seem to be the favorite or most popular ship.

The theme of the ship is Reflection and a lot of the artwork and murals throughout the ship are based on it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It is our favorite!

The Silhouette is our favorite as it has most of the features of the Reflection with less people and a full size Sky Lounge. The Reflection is our second favorite, but we like all the Solstice Class ships.

I know you cruise a lot on Celebrity. Why is the Reflection your favorite?

We are new to Celebrity. What Class is the Reflection? S, M or something else.

Thank you.

Welcome to Celebrity!

Officially Reflection is a Solstice class ship, but there are some differences in it from others, namely an extra deck of staterooms, bringing the total number of cabins (1523) to about 100 (97) more than Solstice. Reflection marked Celebrity's discovery that more ( in terms of passengers) isn't necessarily better for the brand. Thus Edge will have a slightly lower capacity, leaving Reflection as the only Celebrity ship with a "double occupancy" capacity of over 3,000 and a maximum passenger capacity of over 3,400. (click for details)

The only other major differences over other Solstice class ships I noted on Reflection, both of which I appreciated, is an improved Persian Garden and self-service refrigerators in Michael's Club.

The Reflection has a different design of the Sunset Bar. More seating options outside viewing the ocean and wake. Moved a stairway to behind the bar area. That is a plus for us as Sunset is our favorite bar. Alas, that is more than offset with the chop job X did on the Sky Lounge, our second favorite venue. It is not only that it is smaller on Reflection, but the glass is no longer the soaring high panels as the other S Class ships.

Reflection has the pool and buffet on the same deck- the other S class ships have the buffet one deck up. We like not having to walk steps if we are bringing food or beverages to the pool area. We also like the nicer Sunset Bar. We also like the aft dining area behind the buffet. There are many more tables than the other S class ships, since a bar was not included in the design.

The Silhouette is our favorite as it has most of the features of the Reflection with less people and a full size Sky Lounge. The Reflection is our second favorite, but we like all the Solstice Class ships.

The Silhouette is the 1 S Class we haven’t been on.

We have been on the Reflection 4 times in 4 years.

We like the layout of the Sunset bar and Michaels easy access to water, soda etc. We liked the conference rooms on Deck 4 which most times were not booked with activities so the Event Coordinator has let us use them for Roll Call games, a wine tasting, gift exchange etc. & of course there is the Lawn Grill❤️ and always had the most amazing crew on the Reflection.

We very rarely go to the Sky Lounge unless it is for a Connections gathering so it being smaller isn’t a concern and we never felt the ship was crowded (except the Martini bar @7:30 which is the case on all the ship)

Reflection has the pool and buffet on the same deck- the other S class ships have the buffet one deck up. We like not having to walk steps if we are bringing food or beverages to the pool area. We also like the nicer Sunset Bar. We also like the aft dining area behind the buffet. There are many more tables than the other S class ships, since a bar was not included in the design.

One of the things that is so cool about cruise ships is how there can be something pretty nifty for everybody! I tend not to hit the pools so totally missed that OVC and pool are on the same deck.

Agree about the Silhouette. The Reflection has more passengers (especially in Aqua Class) which does not do much to make me a fan.

Hank

Agree about the Silhouette. The Reflection has more passengers (especially in Aqua Class) which does not do much to make me a fan.

Hank

The Reflection is far more crowded than Silhouette. It’s the only ship where I’ve witnessed a lawn completely covered from inch to inch with bodies :(.

Hank

They have added additional tables to Blu Restaurant which makes for a more intimate (crowded) experience. And I agree, the ship feels more crowded because there are more people on the ship. Easy to figure that one out...

The Silhouette is the 1 S Class we haven’t been on.

We have been on the Reflection 4 times in 4 years.

We like the layout of the Sunset bar and Michaels easy access to water, soda etc. We liked the conference rooms on Deck 4 which most times were not booked with activities so the Event Coordinator has let us use them for Roll Call games, a wine tasting, gift exchange etc. & of course there is the Lawn Grill❤️ and always had the most amazing crew on the Reflection.

We very rarely go to the Sky Lounge unless it is for a Connections gathering so it being smaller isn’t a concern and we never felt the ship was crowded (except the Martini bar @7:30 which is the case on all the ship)

Fair enough. The Equinox is the only S ship we have not cruised multiple times.

Once you try the Silhouette, you will know for sure.

I will restate that the Reflection is our second favorite.

Welcome to Celebrity!

Officially Reflection is a Solstice class ship, but there are some differences in it from others, namely an extra deck of staterooms, bringing the total number of cabins (1523) to about 100 (97) more than Solstice. Reflection marked Celebrity's discovery that more ( in terms of passengers) isn't necessarily better for the brand. Thus Edge will have a slightly lower capacity, leaving Reflection as the only Celebrity ship with a "double occupancy" capacity of over 3,000 and a maximum passenger capacity of over 3,400. (click for details)

The only other major differences over other Solstice class ships I noted on Reflection, both of which I appreciated, is an improved Persian Garden and self-service refrigerators in Michael's Club.

Also, some of the suites are hidden away behind a card-access area on Deck 14.