Solarium pools

Is there a list somewhere of ships which have the solarium pools (or a list of those that don't) so I don't have to research each individual deck plans? Thanks

Oasis and Allure have very small Solarium pools, almost like a big hot tub.

• 6 months later...

I am a big fan of the Solarium pools, especially on the Radiance Class ships.    Loved the covered, quiet atmosphere. I am sad to hear that the Oasis and Allure have very small "hot tub" sized pools.  

But what about the Symphony, Harmony and Ovation.  Do they have larger Solarium Pools and are they covered or open?

And the Vision and Grandeur?  

Can you tell I am planning my next RCL cruise...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, coffee59 said:

I am a big fan of the Solarium pools, especially on the Radiance Class ships.    Loved the covered, quiet atmosphere. I am sad to hear that the Oasis and Allure have very small "hot tub" sized pools.  

But what about the Symphony, Harmony and Ovation.  Do they have larger Solarium Pools and are they covered or open?

And the Vision and Grandeur?  

Can you tell I am planning my next RCL cruise...

Harmony has no Solarium pool and Symphony has a small one.

Typical Vision class Solarium pool (Vision, Grandeur, Enchantment, Rhapsody):

3NSCkej.jpg

Typical Radiance class Solarium pool (Radiance, Jewel, Brilliance, Serenade):

Z0y4Uls.jpg

Typical Voyager and Freedom class Solarium pool (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Mariner, Navigator, Freedom, Liberty, Independence):

LnksT5J.jpg

Typical Quantum class Solarium pool (Quantum, Anthem, Ovation😞

bm5zNfq.jpg

These are a series of tiered pools that are shallow:

nx7jX73.jpg

Oasis class has some different pool designs.

Allure/Oasis:

vRFa9Nr.jpg

Symphony:

pMmp06A.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

Does the Adventure of the Seas have a Solarium restaurant?

MARAPRINCE

No food venue in the Solarium on Voyager/Freedom class ships.

7 minutes ago, purplegrapefruit said:

Anybody else find the glass wall in the Symphony solarium pool a bit creepy? 

Maybe creepy is too strong a word, but I don't think it's one of their better ideas.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, purplegrapefruit said:

I wouldn’t say creepy, but it made me uncomfortable.  There was no way I was going in there. I do not want to feel like I’m in an aquarium.  I did see a couple getting extra friendly under the water line and couldn’t unsee that.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, purplegrapefruit said:

When I took pictures of the Symphony pool from the lower level it took me several visit before I could take a picture without being equally creepy.  

G5TnCrW.jpg

It does feature a free body massage when the bow thrusters are running:

e5z1IVG.jpg

• Like 1

Last summer in the Med, the roof on Vision in the solarium was often closed-it was unbearable! Everyone was complaining and asking staff to open the roof-apparently it is the decision of the bridge officers when to open/close it

8 hours ago, coffee59 said:

THANK YOU Twangster for taking the time to post these pictures.  Love them all (except Voyager class)!

I agree!!  THANK YOU!!  We love the solarium and now I'm saving these to use for picking the next ship!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, er345 said:

I wouldn’t say creepy, but it made me uncomfortable.  There was no way I was going in there. I do not want to feel like I’m in an aquarium.  I did see a couple getting extra friendly under the water line and couldn’t unsee that.

Uh, yeah, I'm with you - I don't think I'd want to be on display or see what goes on below the line 🙂

22 minutes ago, Getting out there said:

I don't remember being able to look down on the Solraium on Adventure. When was that picture taken?

You can still look down on the Solarium pool on Adventure from deck 12 above.

21 hours ago, twangster said:

When I took pictures of the Symphony pool from the lower level it took me several visit before I could take a picture without being equally creepy.  

G5TnCrW.jpg

It does feature a free body massage when the bow thrusters are running:

e5z1IVG.jpg

I agree but just because I wouldn't want people ogling my posterior whilst in it.  This could've have been better thought out.  Just positioning it on the outer edge if the pool deck so you overlook the ocean would've been perfect, sorta like the cantilevered hot tubs but with a glass wall.  I love glass in pools though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I agree but just because I wouldn't want people ogling my posterior whilst in it.  This could've have been better thought out.  Just positioning it on the outer edge if the pool deck so you overlook the ocean would've been perfect, sorta like the cantilevered hot tubs but with a glass wall.  I love glass in pools though.

I love glass in pools too though agree this is too much or could have been better positioned - if they had incorporated glass openings in the outer edge design they could have kept the open light feel but better avoided the on display look.