When you book a Suite and an inside Cabin for kids...

rain777

Hi all! This will be our first time cruising RC, and we will be cruising on Symphony of the Seas in March. We are a family of 6 with two teens (ages 14, 16) and twin 3 year old girls. We tried to book a suite for 6, but none were available for our sailing so we ended up booking a grand suite and a central park balcony cabin across from our room.

Has anyone had success getting permission from the maitre d' to allow your teenage kids booked in a non-suite cabin to dine with you in the coastal kitchen? My travel agent said a RC Rep told him that we can make this request after we board the ship, but I'm wondering if anyone has had success doing this?

Also, will they be able to access the suite only deck and go through priority boarding with us?

Thank you all!

I don't think you will have a problem with Coastal Kitchen dinners. However they may have more resistance to non-suite guests at breakfast and lunch.

No problem with boarding together. I would not take non-suite guests to the suite sun deck area, but I'll bet you can get away with it.

Thanks, Bob! I wouldn't try any of this, but the boys are still teens and we'd want them to be with us most of the time if they are not hanging out in the teen clubs. Can you explain why it may be more difficult to dine with them for breakfast and lunch in the CK, but dinner would be okay?

Thanks, Bob! I wouldn't try any of this, but the boys are still teens and we'd want them to be with us most of the time if they are not hanging out in the teen clubs. Can you explain why it may be more difficult to dine with them for breakfast and lunch in the CK, but dinner would be okay?

Technically, those not booked in the suite are guests of the suite occupants and while there is a policy of allowing guests at dinner, they have told us no guests at breakfast and lunch. Whether they will enforce this or not is unknown.

I’ve cruised with teens several times, the teen club is more of a meet up spot, it’s not like the kids clubs with structured activities. My youngest 3 were 14, 14 and 16 on our last cruise, they all formed friend groups. We saw them at breakfast, dinner, and shows, plus in passing.

We almost have the same situation. We are booked in star class and my son (29) and girlfriend are in a balcony. I know they don't get the same perks as us and I don't want to ask except for one thing. Would I be able to get an extra key for our suite for them so they could use our balcony? I know the colors are different, so could they get a white? one with no charging ability and no access to star class areas?

We almost have the same situation. We are booked in star class and my son (29) and girlfriend are in a balcony. I know they don't get the same perks as us and I don't want to ask except for one thing. Would I be able to get an extra key for our suite for them so they could use our balcony? I know the colors are different, so could they get a white? one with no charging ability and no access to star class areas?

You can probably get an extra key. Have no idea what the color would be, but it would not have charging ability.

If you go to the guest services desk, they will make extra key cards for your suite. You can give those to your son and his GF. Typically they are stamped extra key or something similar, so they will look different; not sure of color.

Since the children are YOUR MINORS, they will be allowed to dinner with you.

Agree...and I believe since they are all "minors" (under 18 per RCI policy) they will get to accompany you to any place your suite level allows you to go....even the CL.

Since the children are YOUR MINORS, they will be allowed to dinner with you.

Thanks! Yes, I am asking because they are my minor children, and I need to keep an eye on them! If they were adult children, relatives, or friends, I wouldn't bother :).

I’ve cruised with teens several times, the teen club is more of a meet up spot, it’s not like the kids clubs with structured activities. My youngest 3 were 14, 14 and 16 on our last cruise, they all formed friend groups. We saw them at breakfast, dinner, and shows, plus in passing.

Thanks for this info! I thought they had structured activities! LOL. Good to know, and I hope my boys will make some friends and hang out with them :).

Agree...and I believe since they are all "minors" (under 18 per RCI policy) they will get to accompany you to any place your suite level allows you to go....even the CL.

My experience, in this exact situation has been, if the two reservations were linked, they will allow them to dine in coastal kitchen for only 2 nights (of a 7 night cruise).

Thanks for this info! I thought they had structured activities! LOL. Good to know, and I hope my boys will make some friends and hang out with them :).

Make sure that they go to the teen club on the first night. Teens bond quickly, and like penguins, seem to mate for life / length of the cruise. :D

They can board with you in the suite line on embarkation day as well as for departure.
Are you condoning folks who did not pay for a $uite to get $uite privileges [emoji848][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Are you condoning folks who did not pay for a $uite to get $uite privileges [emoji848][emoji6]

Ha! You know my issue is specifically with SL/CK because it is a limited space venue. Even Barefoot Beach is fair game since there is plenty of space and so is the suite sun deck for that matter.

Ha! You know my issue is specifically with SL/CK because it is a limited space venue. Even Barefoot Beach is fair game since there is plenty of space and so is the suite sun deck for that matter.
BB has limited space in my opinion. If you arent in a suite, you can pay for a cabana when they are available.

Have not been to suite deck yet. However, Only 4 free cabanas up there. Wouldn't you be unhappy if a non suite guest monopolized one all day. [emoji848]