Is the Health Questionnaire no longer used?

2pbears

Just wondering since we were not asked to complete one when we boarded our cruise on the Coral in Vancouver last month. This was the first time in all of our Princess cruises that we were not required to fill out the form saying we were not experiencing flu or cold symptons before boarding. Has this been eliminated?

It was pointless anyway. People lied and boarded with colds anyway and then spread them all over the ship. I think more people got sick from using the same little pencils and spreading germs that way.

Just wondering since we were not asked to complete one when we boarded our cruise on the Coral in Vancouver last month. This was the first time in all of our Princess cruises that we were not required to fill out the form saying we were not experiencing flu or cold symptons before boarding. Has this been eliminated?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2642809&highlight=health+form

Perhaps some consideration is being given using the same method as that currently used in Cuba. Upon disembarkation, a medical officer aims an electronic thermometer instrument to the passengers forehead and takes an immediate reading. If a high reading is detected the passenger is sent back to the ship. Of the many occurrences we have had, we have not seen nor heard of anyone being returned to the ship. But it was nice to see our personal readings. I say this as I have a slight variation from the norm and when I predicted the result the person was surprised at my accuracy.

Perhaps some consideration is being given using the same method as that currently used in Cuba. Upon disembarkation, a medical officer aims an electronic thermometer instrument to the passengers forehead and takes an immediate reading. If a high reading is detected the passenger is sent back to the ship. Of the many occurrences we have had, we have not seen nor heard of anyone being returned to the ship. But it was nice to see our personal readings. I say this as I have a slight variation from the norm and when I predicted the result the person was surprised at my accuracy.

That's a surprise to me.

I've never heard about them checking people getting off the ship for sickness.

It was one of the smart moves that Princess has made over the years that actually made any sense. No one in their right mind would have told them they were sick & risk not boarding. :cool:

:D Funny above!

Having us fill those health questionnaires was a total waste of time. :rolleyes:

That's a surprise to me.

I would think that any country would want to garner the health condition of arriving tourists.

I would think that any country would want to garner the health condition of arriving tourists.

Exactly. We had this upon disembarkation in Puntarenas, CR last year. Everyone that wanted to get off had to fill out an extensive medical form and they took temps as people got off the tender. This is a case where the whiners cant say "well it is "my" Cruise". You don't like it you don't get off. :rolleyes:

This happened to us one in Athens. There were a few sick people onboard and the local authorities wanted to make sure no sick people were getting off. We all had our temperatures taken.

It was pointless anyway. People lied and boarded with colds anyway and then spread them all over the ship. I think more people got sick from using the same little pencils and spreading germs that way.

Hilarious but probably all too true!!!!!

my NYC experience: it was a nightmare just getting one the finding a pencil then standing in line to toss it in the box. there was zero accountability if you never filled one out since there was no way to tell if you boarded without filling one in

glad we don't have to do this end of this month.

Wow! Those "Health Form Ladies" had eyes like hawks and wanted to see you filling it out or they would not sign it.

Too Bad ... So Sad ... They are no longer needed! :rolleyes:

Hi LuLu,

Don’t forget you still owe me a dance..:) :) :)

Tony