Another charter gone wrong?

Tin can

A Current Affair is honestly one of the worst "news" reporting shows out there. Wouldn't be surprised if the 1300 people causing the problems was actually something closer to 13. They do love their sensationalism!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Forums mobile app

No, from the video that was shown it definitely wasn't 13.

I’m a bit confused. How can any group bring crates of food onboard? That’s a new one on me (and a huge red flag?)

Sounds like Royal needs to set some ground rules with these ‘groups’ before they ever agree to let them book that many people. It would be no different if you were booking a venue on land for an event, there are rules/policies and an agreement is signed prior to booking. Royal dropped the ball on this one to me. Had this been my vacation, I would not have been happy.

From yahoo news

Not everyone would willingly choose to go on a cruise. Some may not be up for being stuck on a boat in the middle of the ocean with a bunch of strangers who insist on grabbing all the crab legs when they come out during the all-you-can-eat buffet.

But however you feel about cruises, families on the Royal Caribbean ship Voyager of the Seas got more than they bargained for when their vacation was reportedly taken over by out-of-control drunk partiers.

Royal Caribbean has refunded passengers after their ship was seized — not by pirates but by a rowdy group that reportedly invited burlesque dancers to join them on the three-night trip.

The 1,300 men in the group were there for a work conference for their India-based firm, Kamla Pasand, 9 News Australia reports. The company produces gutka, a blend of crushed Areca nut, tobacco, catechu, and other ingredients that apparently give you more of a buzz than smoking or chewing tobacco.

Passengers complained about the burlesque dancers, allegedly in Playboy Bunny outfits, that were invited to parties on deck and compared the environment to a bachelor party. Some families spent the three-night cruise in their cabins rather than face interaction with the partiers.

“Their doors would be open, and you would walk past and be like, ‘What am I going to be looking at when I walk past this door?'” Cassandra Riini, a passenger on the ship, told 9 News.

Owen Torres, manager of global corporate communications for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., released a statement to the Sun Sentinel: “After a three-night sailing from Singapore on September 6, several guests shared their concerns with us about the behavior of a group of other guests aboard the ship. We were able to quickly provide them with a satisfactory solution to their concerns. Royal Caribbean operates with the safety of our guests and crew as our highest priority. We are continuing to review this incident to ensure that our guest conduct policy is applied appropriately.”

And herein lies that common problem - RCL (I don't think the other cruise lines do it either) letting cruisers know that a large "group" or organization is cruising with them and give the other cruises advance notice. However, I've pretty much answered my own question - if they did that, it might empty out reservations too quickly.

I think it's time to END these "theme" cruises and large groups that take over the ship.

It would be in the best interests of the cruise line, however, to properly accommodate EVERYONE. Such as the case earlier this year when some electrical company "took over" our cruise on Anthem - by taking over the entire Seaplex for one of their gatherings. That was UNSAT. There were RCL reps telling people to go back....that's not fair to the rest of the ship or the kids who were on board.

I think they should require large groups to charter the entire ship - charter one of the smaller ones if that’s what your budget covers, instead of just taking half of a larger ship over and bothering the other half of the passengers.

I think they should require large groups to charter the entire ship - charter one of the smaller ones if that’s what your budget covers, instead of just taking half of a larger ship over and bothering the other half of the passengers.
I agree with that and I would have thought that was the policy anyway. I would be pissed if this was my cruise. They deserved their money back.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pretty bad. I found this link, and checked my bookings: http://themecruisefinder.com/CruiseAds/list/1

We'd be off that cruise by the first port, and not because of the bunny costumes, but because of the noise and disruption in the eating venues.

So the only "theme" on the link is gay people. It wouldn't have picked up 1300 presumably heterosexual men such as this cruise or any other theme or group that might possibly impact a cruise.

So the only "theme" on the link is gay people. It wouldn't have picked up 1300 presumably heterosexual men such as this cruise or any other theme or group that might possibly impact a cruise.

No, it covers all groups. See for example the Bliss cruise.

It’s just the group you’re referring to organise the greatest number of “lifestyle” charters.